[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [Lollipop 5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X

Search This thread

Jaizu

Jan 4, 2013
Greetings. Some Motorola apps you can have (camera for example), but Moto Voice is a no-go. It seems it depends on some other internal motorola components and frameworks, that CyanogenMod doesn't have. If you really need the voice commands, you ought to stay on stock. Too bad, I also liked the voice commands... But CM12.1 has worked fine for me. My only complaint is that every once in a while the phone reboots for no reason. So, if you are planning on giving the ROM a try, don't forget to backup your current ROM.

To fix the random reboots do a Factory Reset in the recovery, install CM11, let CM11 do the first boot, go to recovery, factory reset, install cm12.1 then gaps and enjoy the bugfree rom :)

acu.tm

Jun 21, 2011
I'm having reboots each time the phone finish starting, at first it optimized 88 apps without problem.
When the welcome menu displays, when i'm connecting to wifi, it just reboots suddenly.
Tried flashing CM11 at first, then CM12, and flashing just after STOCK 5.1 with the same results.
Also wiped cache and dalvilk cache.
CM11 works great, but I prefer LP, so I restored my original backup

Jaizu

Jan 4, 2013
I'm having reboots each time the phone finish starting, at first it optimized 88 apps without problem.
When the welcome menu displays, when i'm connecting to wifi, it just reboots suddenly.
Tried flashing CM11 at first, then CM12, and flashing just after STOCK 5.1 with the same results.
Also wiped cache and dalvilk cache.
CM11 works great, but I prefer LP, so I restored my original backup

What are you using, snapshot or nightly?

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Can someone please share the LockClock.apk (system) from latest CM12.1 august nightly.
Thanks in advance!

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
Is there a way to download the last nightly for CM12.1 ? On the website, I see only nightly for CM13.

breakthestatic

Jun 15, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
Is there a way to download the last nightly for CM12.1 ? On the website, I see only nightly for CM13.

No, I don't think so... I ran into this issue myself. I was running CM 12.1, but installed CM 13 on my wife's phone. She uses the bluetooth in car a lot, so the current bug w/ CM 13 and phone/media crashing the device is a deal breaker for her. I planned on downgrading her to CM 12.1, but saw that the last nightly for CM 12.1 was bumped off the list, and I had somewhat stupidly deleted my own copy of the rom. Originally I was going to set her up w/ the last snapshot build of CM 12.1, but then I remembered that it had some major issues so I went ahead and ran a custom build from source for CM 12.1. Here's a link if you want to use it. No guarantees on functionality, but it's been working well for my wife for a few days now - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457084094631642931.

Last edited:

john-soda

Nov 3, 2014
Stuttgart
Can somebody please provide the latest cm 12.1 nightly for the moto x!? And it would be wonderful if somebody could tell me also the sha1 hash for the latest nightly!!!

Thanks in Advance!
John

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
Thanks but I mean the latest nightly not snapshot!

I know that there is a cm 13. But I still prefer the latest cm 12.1 nightly.

What's the difference, it's better use snapshot instead of nightly, snapshots are most likely stable nightlies... And the nightlies are not available anymore for this version. So, use this.

john-soda

Nov 3, 2014
Stuttgart
What's the difference, it's better use snapshot instead of nightly, snapshots are most likely stable nightlies... And the nightlies are not available anymore for this version. So, use this.

The Snapshot is from January 2016 the latest nightly from September 2016. I'm using a nightly from the beginning of July right now. So it's no option for me if I want to keep 12.1 to use the snapshot.

But thanks again!

abacate123

Feb 22, 2015
The Snapshot is from January 2016 the latest nightly from September 2016. I'm using a nightly from the beginning of July right now. So it's no option for me if I want to keep 12.1 to use the snapshot.

But thanks again!

I got you. But anyways, cm13 official is pretty good now, you must try it out later.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12.jpg
    On Jan 5th an announcement from CyanogenMod official website, The “L” is for Lollipop, stated that the ghost devices are on CM team's top list to release CM12. The first OFFICIAL nightly was released on Jan 5th. :p

With that said, we can expect that within a month we, the glorious Moto X users, should be able to run OFFICIAL CM12 Lollipop on our device!:p

Based on Lollipop 5.0.2, CM12 has completed 85% (Jan 6th) for their initial CM12 M release, but overall the nighlies are much more stable and suitable for daily driver at this point.

Please note that before flashing any new CM12, make sure you you have already flashed CM11 in your phone. Here's the complete instruction link if your device bootloops after flashing CM12: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58000929&postcount=8

Here is the latest CM11 M12 release: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/90775/cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-ghost.zip

If you need full instructions to flash this rom, please go to MOTO X Q&A. I'm sure there're bunches of posts that can help you out.

Here's the download link:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost

Gapps:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip

Apr 30th:
    Some time around late April, Cyanogen released nightlies based on lollipop 5.1.1

Feb 20th:
    Outgoing call bug is fixed. Bluetooth is working. Moto X twist to open Camera is added. For those who want to flash CM12 but are concerned about its stability, now it's time.

Jan 23rd:
    For those whose devices won't boot up after flashing, please go to this post for help :) (credit to ##W4TCHOUT##)
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57644239&postcount=24
    The phone mic is confirmed not working yet, other minor bugs are still expected.
    Theme engine is back!

Jan 6th:
    Please note that the previous CM11 features, including Theme Engine, Quick Settings reorganization and customization, Sound panel customization, etc., are not implemented yet, but CM team claimed that they are on their way bringing them back to Lollipop.
    Snaps are slightly different from the ROM itself because they come from different devices such as Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

Snapshots:
    android-l-screenshots-hero.jpg

15-ky6QjOy.png

All credits go to CM team. I myself take no credits from this ROM.:)
    Credits also go to all developers who contributed to Moto X unofficial CM12, it was you guys that brought the first taste of Lollipop to us. Thank you so much!:D
    Flash at your own risks, none of the developers takes legal responsibilities for your potential bricked phone.
    You can avoid bootloops by flashing CM12 over CM11 that has been fully booted at least once. Clean flashes and flashing over pretty much anything else will bootloop.
    Thanks man, starting from stock KitKat I did:
    - flashed latest 2.8.0.3 TWRP with fastboot
    - booted in recovery (DON'T let the stock ROM to boot)
    - factory reset (wipe data + cache + dalvik cache)
    - flashed latest CM11 Nightly
    - system reboot (let CM11 to do the first boot)
    - reboot to recovery
    - flashed CM12 Nightly
    - double wipe (cache + dalvik cache)
    - system reboot

Then the CM12 booted :D
    We got firsts commits merged on CM13 official changelog. So, we have an official build soon!
    Please note that before flashing any new CM12, make sure you you have already flashed CM11 in your phone.

It's no longer necessary to flash CM11 before flashing CM12.x as of the cm-12.1-20150424-NIGHTLY-ghost build. The problem is corrected in this commit: msm8960dt: Address fuse denials on clean install.

People still need to know that first boot with a full GApps package may take 8 minutes or more for the boot animation to go away and the first setup screen to appear. The old behavior where after 90 seconds or so the optimizing apps progress dialog would appear to let the user know something is happening during this time will be restored with this patch that hasn't been commited yet: Show Optimizing app dialog on first boot.
    Looks like the outgoing call bug fix is being merged for the next nightly

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88317/ :highfive: