[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [Lollipop 5.1.1] Cyanogenmod 12.1 for Moto X

Search This thread

forbiddenlake

Dec 9, 2015
Will 12.1 nightlies return for Ghost? Or another snapshot taken?

This past weekend, I tried the CM 13 10/09 build and it did not boot (stuck 30 minutes on the CM boot logo)

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
Last edited:

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
I'm on the snapshot. When I click "More settings" from the settings tab, I'm getting an error stating that "Unfortunately, Settings stopped working.". I've tried to turn on NFC and Hotspot through Quicksettings, states the same. Any fix?

same here. quick settings seems to show that NFC is enabled, but it isn't working as far as i can tell...

has anyone come up with a way to fix this? i'd like to be able to use android pay...

edit: went back to the previous snapshot (11/17) and the settings app is working, and NFC seems to work as well (at least android beam did, whereas it did not work with the latest january snapshot). haven't tested android pay yet, but after deleting su from /system/bin and /system/xbin, safetynet helper reports that it passes. i was able to add a card, still haven't tested paying with it though.

Last edited:

crackers8199

May 11, 2010
I'm on the snapshot. When I click "More settings" from the settings tab, I'm getting an error stating that "Unfortunately, Settings stopped working.". I've tried to turn on NFC and Hotspot through Quicksettings, states the same. Any fix?

same here. quick settings seems to show that NFC is enabled, but it isn't working as far as i can tell...

has anyone come up with a way to fix this? i'd like to be able to use android pay...

edit: went back to the previous snapshot (11/17) and the settings app is working, and NFC seems to work as well (at least android beam did, whereas it did not work with the latest january snapshot). haven't tested android pay yet, but after deleting su from /system/bin and /system/xbin, safetynet helper reports that it passes. i was able to add a card, still haven't tested paying with it though.

nevermind, android pay still not working. NFC seems to work, but i couldn't get the terminal at walgreens to recognize the phone. safetynet helper still says it passes, though....

has anyone been able to use android pay on cm?

fernandobarone

Jan 30, 2016
London
Hi, I'm having problems with google cast... I cannot cast the screen to the TV cause when I try to connect a message appears "connection ending." on my phone and doesn't work... How can I fix that? I'm using the last snapshot.

Sent from my Moto X using XDA-Developers mobile app

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
Hi, i have cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip ,haven't test it but i think is one of the latest official nightlies for CM12.1. I'll upload it and post the link for anyone interested.

There's also a custom build made by a user in september:

"Here's a link if you want to use it. No guarantees on functionality, but it's been working well for my wife for a few days now - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457084094631642931."

Enviado desde mi Moto X vía Tapatalk!

Last edited:

nehuy

Feb 12, 2012
Bariloche
Hi, i have cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip ,haven't test it but i think is one of the latest official nightlies for CM12.1. I'll upload it and post the link for anyone interested.

"Here's a link if you want to use it. No guarantees on functionality, but it's been working well for my wife for a few days now - https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=457084094631642931."

You know, twrp wont let me flash that september custom build, I get error 7 =s
The reason for using cm12 is because the gps wont work fine in cm 13 for my ghost device (not gps satellites on sight), which work very well in stok 5.1, don't know why is that though.

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
You know, twrp wont let me flash that september custom build, I get error 7 =s
The reason for using cm12 is because the gps wont work fine in cm 13 for my ghost device (not gps satellites on sight), which work very well in stok 5.1, don't know why is that though.
Hi, about the gps did you try the fastboot commands to erase modem cache?
I'll try to flash both CM12.1 versions later and report back, but i would also try to flash with cyanogenmod recovery

nehuy

Feb 12, 2012
Bariloche
Hi, about the gps did you try the fastboot commands to erase modem cache?
I'll try to flash both CM12.1 versions later and report back, but i would also try to flash with cyanogenmod recovery

It maybe because I needed to perfom a full wipe, after that flashes were working good.
As for the commands, I just tried them, they worked very well, but after a reboot it goes back to where it was (no fix in gps).
Tanks for the reply!
I'm trying diferent version of MM based roms now, just in case.

HTC_Bravo

Apr 1, 2013
Dude, I am having same xt 1052 variant. Indian version.
But i am not being able to flash any CM at all !! :crying:

Whenever i try to flash, it always says "Error executing updater binary in zip" kind of error.
I tried almost 9 different CM builds, but no luck.

Can you figure out any problem ?
Any help is appreciated.
In case anyone else stumbles upon this post in a google search as I did,
the solution is to edit updater script as suggested here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57644239&postcount=24

where the updater script can be found in the META-INF/com/google/android directory of the zip!

Genma2612

Apr 11, 2015

Hey! Can I have a link to that CM12.1 nightly (cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip) please? The latest snapshot seems to be a bit outdated. Thank you very much.

john-soda

Nov 3, 2014
Stuttgart
I'm still on the latest snapshot from January, today I wanted to flash the latest cm12.1 nightly cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip in twrp.
But I always get following error

E: Error executing updater binary in zip 'sdcard/cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip'

When I flash the snapshot file from cm-12.1-20160127-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO3J1-ghost in twrp everything works fine.
Can somebody help?

thanks in advance!

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm still on the latest snapshot from January, today I wanted to flash the latest cm12.1 nightly cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip in twrp.
But I always get following error

E: Error executing updater binary in zip 'sdcard/cm-12.1-20160807-NIGHTLY-ghost.zip'

When I flash the snapshot file from cm-12.1-20160127-SNAPSHOT-YOG7DAO3J1-ghost in twrp everything works fine.
Can somebody help?

thanks in advance!
Hi, when you're ready to flash firmware after wipes first reboot to recovery then once in recovery flash firmware immediately. Try that.

Vincss

Aug 4, 2011
I'm running on it since then, no problem, no reboot, very stable.

Formatted modem 1 & 2.
I wiped everything, formated in f2fs.
Installed the zip by sideload.
Installed opengapps pico by sideload as well.
And that's it !

lavero.burgos

Mar 5, 2011
I'm running on it since then, no problem, no reboot, very stable.

Formatted modem 1 & 2.
I wiped everything, formated in f2fs.
Installed the zip by sideload.
Installed opengapps pico by sideload as well.
And that's it !
Great, thanks. I'll give it a go because Blisspop LP still random reboot and has slowed down. The last good but simple rom i tested was SlimLP.

Enviado desde mi Moto X via Tapatalk!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cyanogenmod-12.jpg
    On Jan 5th an announcement from CyanogenMod official website, The “L” is for Lollipop, stated that the ghost devices are on CM team's top list to release CM12. The first OFFICIAL nightly was released on Jan 5th. :p

With that said, we can expect that within a month we, the glorious Moto X users, should be able to run OFFICIAL CM12 Lollipop on our device!:p

Based on Lollipop 5.0.2, CM12 has completed 85% (Jan 6th) for their initial CM12 M release, but overall the nighlies are much more stable and suitable for daily driver at this point.

Please note that before flashing any new CM12, make sure you you have already flashed CM11 in your phone. Here's the complete instruction link if your device bootloops after flashing CM12: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=58000929&postcount=8

Here is the latest CM11 M12 release: https://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/90775/cm-11-20141115-SNAPSHOT-M12-ghost.zip

If you need full instructions to flash this rom, please go to MOTO X Q&A. I'm sure there're bunches of posts that can help you out.

Here's the download link:
    http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ghost

Gapps:
    https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/gapps?dl=gapps-lp-20141109-signed.zip

Apr 30th:
    Some time around late April, Cyanogen released nightlies based on lollipop 5.1.1

Feb 20th:
    Outgoing call bug is fixed. Bluetooth is working. Moto X twist to open Camera is added. For those who want to flash CM12 but are concerned about its stability, now it's time.

Jan 23rd:
    For those whose devices won't boot up after flashing, please go to this post for help :) (credit to ##W4TCHOUT##)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=57644239&postcount=24
    The phone mic is confirmed not working yet, other minor bugs are still expected.
    Theme engine is back!

Jan 6th:
    Please note that the previous CM11 features, including Theme Engine, Quick Settings reorganization and customization, Sound panel customization, etc., are not implemented yet, but CM team claimed that they are on their way bringing them back to Lollipop.
    Snaps are slightly different from the ROM itself because they come from different devices such as Nexus 5 and Nexus 7.

Snapshots:
    android-l-screenshots-hero.jpg

15-ky6QjOy.png

All credits go to CM team. I myself take no credits from this ROM.:)
    Credits also go to all developers who contributed to Moto X unofficial CM12, it was you guys that brought the first taste of Lollipop to us. Thank you so much!:D
    Flash at your own risks, none of the developers takes legal responsibilities for your potential bricked phone.
    You can avoid bootloops by flashing CM12 over CM11 that has been fully booted at least once. Clean flashes and flashing over pretty much anything else will bootloop.
    Thanks man, starting from stock KitKat I did:
    - flashed latest 2.8.0.3 TWRP with fastboot
    - booted in recovery (DON'T let the stock ROM to boot)
    - factory reset (wipe data + cache + dalvik cache)
    - flashed latest CM11 Nightly
    - system reboot (let CM11 to do the first boot)
    - reboot to recovery
    - flashed CM12 Nightly
    - double wipe (cache + dalvik cache)
    - system reboot

Then the CM12 booted :D
    We got firsts commits merged on CM13 official changelog. So, we have an official build soon!
    Please note that before flashing any new CM12, make sure you you have already flashed CM11 in your phone.

It's no longer necessary to flash CM11 before flashing CM12.x as of the cm-12.1-20150424-NIGHTLY-ghost build. The problem is corrected in this commit: msm8960dt: Address fuse denials on clean install.

People still need to know that first boot with a full GApps package may take 8 minutes or more for the boot animation to go away and the first setup screen to appear. The old behavior where after 90 seconds or so the optimizing apps progress dialog would appear to let the user know something is happening during this time will be restored with this patch that hasn't been commited yet: Show Optimizing app dialog on first boot.
    Looks like the outgoing call bug fix is being merged for the next nightly

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/88317/ :highfive: