Search This thread

dever76

Dec 5, 2009
Moto G Stylus 5G
After a successful install of @Electimon custom LineageOS 19 on a Moto G Stylus 5G RETUS. I've had a few minor functionality issues. Otherwise it's been very stable on 5G, wifi, & calls. All cameras work, minor bug with choppy recorded video playback is present.

The following don't work for me:
GPS (satellites don't lock), all Location settings were toggled on.

LineageOS Mod Settings problems: No battery percentage when toggled to show it in Battery Status Style, does not change to icon to circle if toggled also. Status bar Clock Position isn't working. Doesn't seem like anything in Status Bar & Buttons works. Navigation bar mods work.

SafetyNet Passes Basic integrity - Fails CTS profile match (tried kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1 on Magisk 24.3, as well as various fingerprints in MagiskHide Props Config, with all prop values active, also used the Zygisk Enforce DenyList for Google Play Services *gms & *unstable, & Google Play Store methods), none worked for me.

GPS is the main drawback for me using it as a daily.

Any idea what I can do to get GPS working?

Sandmandrew

Aug 13, 2017
Moto G7 Plus
F:\moto\xt2131\blankflash_from_RRES31.Q2-11-61-4-2>fastboot update F:\moto\xt2131\lineage_osaka-img-eng.electimon-Jan-Week3.zip
target reported max download size of 788199424 bytes
archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.img'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
archive does not contain 'vendor.sig'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: MBM-3.0-uefi-70b09d38a0-220131
Baseband Version.....: M4350_HI405_19.533.01.95R DENVER_TMO_CUST
Serial Number........: ZY22CZG8P8
checking product...
OKAY [ 0.002s]
sending 'boot' (98304 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.246s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 1.514s]
sending sparse 'system' (720896 KB)...
OKAY [ 24.807s]
writing 'system'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 28.784s

F:\moto\xt2131\blankflash_from_RRES31.Q2-11-61-4-2>
Hello. if you're still having issues with it saying remote failure, try changing your adb fastboot operation. i opened powershell in the same folder as the rom but it didn't like it. Start in platform tools folder with cmd and move rom inside of that folder to update

Electimon

Recognized Developer
After a successful install of @Electimon custom LineageOS 19 on a Moto G Stylus 5G RETUS. I've had a few minor functionality issues. Otherwise it's been very stable on 5G, wifi, & calls. All cameras work, minor bug with choppy recorded video playback is present.

The following don't work for me:
GPS (satellites don't lock), all Location settings were toggled on.

LineageOS Mod Settings problems: No battery percentage when toggled to show it in Battery Status Style, does not change to icon to circle if toggled also. Status bar Clock Position isn't working. Doesn't seem like anything in Status Bar & Buttons works. Navigation bar mods work.

SafetyNet Passes Basic integrity - Fails CTS profile match (tried kdrag0n's Universal SafetyNet Fix 2.2.1 on Magisk 24.3, as well as various fingerprints in MagiskHide Props Config, with all prop values active, also used the Zygisk Enforce DenyList for Google Play Services *gms & *unstable, & Google Play Store methods), none worked for me.

GPS is the main drawback for me using it as a daily.

Any idea what I can do to get GPS working?
I'll check when I get the time

Reactions: dever76

dever76

Dec 5, 2009
Moto G Stylus 5G
I'll check when I get the time
Just to let you know what I've tried.
Replaced gps.conf izat.conf & flp.conf in /vendor/etc/ using this threads fix.

It didn't work.

Of note, when I use GPS Test app, it says "This device doesn't have GPS".

Looking forward, let me know if you want me to test anything else out.

Thanks.

SecretV

Dec 30, 2009
I've been testing this all day. Got it installed on my Metro version of this phone. I was able to get 5G working after following an ever increasing chain of guides. First I had to root stock by flashing a patched boot.img then I had to pull persist.img, then flash this rom patch the boot.img on this rom to get root, then put my original persist.img into this rom. Install magisk, install VoEnabler module and then run this through elevated adb shell setprop persist.sys.phh.ims 1

I was never able to get GPS to work. Tried custom gps.conf file, tried a module, and nothing. GPS works with stock so I'm not sure what gives.

The rom feels great for daily tasks, but without a working gps I'm going to have to pass on this for now as a daily.

dever76

Dec 5, 2009
Moto G Stylus 5G
I was never able to get GPS to work. Tried custom gps.conf file, tried a module, and nothing. GPS works with stock so I'm not sure what gives.

The rom feels great for daily tasks, but without a working gps I'm going to have to pass on this for now as a daily.
Been running it a week now, & it's been very stable with no problems aside from GPS. GPS not working is big one though, wish I knew how to fix it or what path to follow.

Reactions: SecretV

yoshi00178

Apr 16, 2022
My phone got stuck on waiting for devices after it loaded into fastbootd, i have motorola drivers installed and i made sure i followed the guide, i also tried to do more then 1 image just to make sure and got the same results

Last edited:

yoshi00178

Apr 16, 2022
Wait... this says osaka not denver, is this even for the this forums device? (Moto G Stylus 5G)

getvar:version-bootloader FAILED (Status read failed (No such device))
getvar:version-baseband FAILED (Write to device failed (No such device))
getvar:serialno FAILED (Write to device failed (No such device))
extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM...
getvar:product FAILED (Write to device failed (No such device))
Checking 'product' FAILED

Could not getvar for 'product' (Write to device failed (No such device))

fastboot: error: requirements not met!
EDIT: The phone doesn't stay in the bootloader long enough to flash, it reboots every 30 seconds or so

EDIT2: Needs windows, linux just keeps resetting it, however now it gets to the rebooting to fastbootd step, it reboots into fastbootd (wrong product name, says osaka not denver), but fastboot update fails to recognise fastboot.

fastboot: error: Failed to boot into userspace fastboot; one or more components might be unbootable.

EDIT3: Apparently re-running the fastboot update in the now fastbootd bootloader successfully flashes it, woo.
So I'm guessing just normal magisk to root?
how did you get it to run in fastbootd? once i get into fastbootd, windows says i dont have drivers for it but in normal fastboot it works fine and it connects properly

dever76

Dec 5, 2009
Moto G Stylus 5G
how did you get it to run in fastbootd? once i get into fastbootd, windows says i dont have drivers for it but in normal fastboot it works fine and it connects properly
Are you using the latest version of the android SDK?

If not, update it to the latest. Make sure the SDK executables are in your current PATH in your command prompt environment variables.

I never really did anything in fastbootd to get LineageOS installed. It does boot into fastbootd on its own during the flashing process of LOS, but you don't have to do anything in it.

Be sure to populate the second slot, slot b by installing an image via DSU Loader in Developer Options, before attempting a flash. This is much quicker than doing an OTA update to populate slot b.

Last edited:

yoshi00123

Apr 4, 2020
Are you using the latest version of the android SDK?

If not, update it to the latest. Make sure the executables are in your current PATH in your command prompt variables.
I'm pretty sure I'm using the newest one, I downloaded it the day I tried it since it was a new computer, and I've messed with custom rims before I'm pretty sure it's in the right area but I'll double check to be safe

dever76

Dec 5, 2009
Moto G Stylus 5G
My phone got stuck on waiting for devices after it loaded into fastbootd, i have motorola drivers installed and i made sure i followed the guide, i also tried to do more then 1 image just to make sure and got the same resultsif all

I'm pretty sure I'm using the newest one, I downloaded it the day I tried it since it was a new computer, and I've messed with custom rims before I'm pretty sure it's in the right area but I'll double check to be safe
If all of the SDK stuff is right, I'd suggest using the Lenovo tool to "Rescue" back to stock, populating slot b with DSU Loader, boot into Android 12 GSI Arm64 once, then follow Electimons instructions.

This might be a noob-ish question (intermediate modder here), might not be but .. is this compatible with the Stylus 2021 also ? I have the Minsk one not the 5G version. Just asking cuz I use Samsung ROMs too and they're combined sometimes. I.E. - Galxy S5 KLTE Lineage OS ROMs are all in one install now. Thanks in advance by the way for any pointers, tips, etc. I have SmartPack manager on it now on Performance CPU governor and it's still laggy-ish ..

These are nice devices I just got mine from a shop and thought the 5G ROM was the 2021 one only to find out they're separate devices after buying it. Mine's rooted, Magisk, Viper4Android, bootloader unlocked, etc. The works. Yet stock, still. I want to keep it cuz I use the stylus for sketching my inventions in the future but I don't want to buy a whole other Stylus just to get a ROM for it.

Out of luck ?

Thanks .. - Roiikka -

Electimon

Recognized Developer
This might be a noob-ish question (intermediate modder here), might not be but .. is this compatible with the Stylus 2021 also ? I have the Minsk one not the 5G version. Just asking cuz I use Samsung ROMs too and they're combined sometimes. I.E. - Galxy S5 KLTE Lineage OS ROMs are all in one install now. Thanks in advance by the way for any pointers, tips, etc. I have SmartPack manager on it now on Performance CPU governor and it's still laggy-ish ..

These are nice devices I just got mine from a shop and thought the 5G ROM was the 2021 one only to find out they're separate devices after buying it. Mine's rooted, Magisk, Viper4Android, bootloader unlocked, etc. The works. Yet stock, still. I want to keep it cuz I use the stylus for sketching my inventions in the future but I don't want to buy a whole other Stylus just to get a ROM for it.

Out of luck ?

Thanks .. - Roiikka -
No, Minsk uses a different CPU

Reactions: roiikka

cashen

Apr 18, 2008
Tried flashing my Stylus 5G with the latest build. I think it flashes fine but it will not boot. It is stuck on the "android" white / gray rolling screen. Any ideas?

C:\Users\E\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.1-windows\platform-tools>fastboot -w Erasing 'userdata' OKAY [ 0.522s] Erase successful, but not automatically formatting. File system type raw not supported. Erasing 'metadata' OKAY [ 0.003s] Erase successful, but not automatically formatting. File system type raw not supported. Finished. Total time: 0.538s C:\Users\E\Downloads\platform-tools_r33.0.1-windows\platform-tools>fastboot update aosp_osaka-img-eng.electimon-March-Week2.zip -------------------------------------------- Bootloader Version...: MBM-3.0-uefi-70b09d38a0-220131 (bootloader) version-baseband[0]: M4350_HI405_19.533.01.95R DENVER_BOOST (bootloader) version-baseband[1]: _CUST Baseband Version.....: Done Serial Number........: ZY22FB3433 -------------------------------------------- extracting android-info.txt (0 MB) to RAM... Checking 'product' OKAY [ 0.000s] Setting current slot to 'a' OKAY [ 0.234s] (bootloader) snapshot-update-status: not found extracting boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.347s archive does not contain 'boot.sig' Sending 'boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.815s] Writing 'boot_a' OKAY [ 1.541s] archive does not contain 'init_boot.img' extracting dtbo.img (24 MB) to disk... took 0.081s archive does not contain 'dtbo.sig' Sending 'dtbo_a' (24576 KB) OKAY [ 0.719s] Writing 'dtbo_a' OKAY [ 0.118s] archive does not contain 'dt.img' archive does not contain 'pvmfw.img' archive does not contain 'recovery.img' extracting vbmeta.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.001s archive does not contain 'vbmeta.sig' Sending 'vbmeta_a' (8 KB) OKAY [ 0.001s] Writing 'vbmeta_a' (bootloader) WARNING: vbmeta_a anti rollback downgrade, 0 vs 8 OKAY [ 0.007s] extracting vbmeta_system.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.001s archive does not contain 'vbmeta_system.sig' Sending 'vbmeta_system_a' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.002s] Writing 'vbmeta_system_a' OKAY [ 0.004s] archive does not contain 'vbmeta_vendor.img' extracting vendor_boot.img (96 MB) to disk... took 0.273s archive does not contain 'vendor_boot.sig' Sending 'vendor_boot_a' (98304 KB) OKAY [ 2.792s] Writing 'vendor_boot_a' OKAY [ 0.441s] extracting super_empty.img (0 MB) to disk... took 0.001s Rebooting into fastboot OKAY [ 0.001s] < waiting for any device > Sending 'super' (4 KB) OKAY [ 0.001s] Updating super partition OKAY [ 0.009s] Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Resizing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Resizing 'system_b' OKAY [ 0.005s] Resizing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Resizing 'vendor_b' OKAY [ 0.005s] archive does not contain 'boot_other.img' archive does not contain 'odm.img' archive does not contain 'odm_dlkm.img' extracting product.img (1352 MB) to disk... took 9.338s archive does not contain 'product.sig' Resizing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 1/6 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.822s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 1.063s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 2/6 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.425s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.914s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 3/6 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.314s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.930s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 4/6 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.776s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.930s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 5/6 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.312s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.928s] Sending sparse 'product_a' 6/6 (74172 KB) OKAY [ 2.273s] Writing 'product_a' OKAY [ 0.394s] extracting system.img (919 MB) to disk... took 8.256s archive does not contain 'system.sig' Resizing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Sending sparse 'system_a' 1/4 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.580s] Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.933s] Sending sparse 'system_a' 2/4 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.418s] Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.952s] Sending sparse 'system_a' 3/4 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.612s] Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.946s] Sending sparse 'system_a' 4/4 (155636 KB) OKAY [ 4.779s] Writing 'system_a' OKAY [ 0.623s] archive does not contain 'system_dlkm.img' extracting system_ext.img (194 MB) to disk... took 1.592s archive does not contain 'system_ext.sig' Resizing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Sending 'system_ext_a' (199088 KB) OKAY [ 5.607s] Writing 'system_ext_a' OKAY [ 0.768s] archive does not contain 'system_other.img' extracting vendor.img (645 MB) to disk... took 5.376s archive does not contain 'vendor.sig' Resizing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.005s] Sending sparse 'vendor_a' 1/3 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 8.703s] Writing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.927s] Sending sparse 'vendor_a' 2/3 (262140 KB) OKAY [ 7.888s] Writing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.903s] Sending sparse 'vendor_a' 3/3 (136576 KB) OKAY [ 3.885s] Writing 'vendor_a' OKAY [ 0.540s] archive does not contain 'vendor_dlkm.img' archive does not contain 'vendor_other.img' Rebooting OKAY [ 0.000s] Finished. Total time: 167.900s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes this ROM is discontinued
    why discontinue? i want to install custom rom

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS Modded is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 12 (S), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS Modded is based on the Android Open Source Project and LineageOS with extra contributions from many people within the Android community.

All the source code for LineageOS Modded is available in the LineageOS Modded Github repo.

Flashing Instructions:-
    1. Download the OTA zip, copy partitions zip and boot image
    Code:
    fastboot -w
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot Lineage-Rec-Boot.img
    4. Select ADB Sideload mode in Lineage Recovery
    Code:
    adb sideload copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip
    5. Reboot back into Recovery and Select Sideload again
    Code:
    adb sideload LineageOS-Modded-19.1-Osaka-V2-OTA.zip
    7. Enjoy!

Bugs :
    • Permissive
    • 3G only on Sprint/Boost
    • You tell me!!!
    * Drop a comment down below if you need any help, you can also Join https://t.me/electimonrel on telegram if you need any help.

Downloads:
    Contributors
    @Electimon, @Androbots
    Source Code: https://github.com/moto-sm4350

Version Information
    Stable

1/23/2022: lineage_osaka-img-eng.electimon-Jan-Week3 pushed
    6/13/2022: Pushed new update, 19.1 and fixed GPS!
    7/6/2022: Device tree is now available to support additional development
    Edit no one posted if the method I used worked but one person.
    Seems the developer and or weekly testers are on telegram therefore no support here on xda for this rom., .answers like I'll get to it when I have time is so disrespectful, as if someone begged anyone..lol..
    Well I'm off this thread.
    Osaka=Denver. Denver=Osaka.
    5g isn't working on some variants. Check telegram for more information on this build.
    Just curious -- what's the reasoning for needing to have updated via OTA at least once?
    From the factory Slot B partitions aren't filled so if you accidentally switch to it the SoC cannot have the secondary bootloader and you have yourself a brick
    to install i boot directly to twrp recovery. advanced wiping the data works flawlessly as well as other functionality within twrp, however when i attempt to install the zip, it returns with:

Invalid zip file format!
    Error installing zip file '/sdcard/lineage_osaka-img-eng.electimon-Jan-Week3.zip'

lack of information with error is frustrating. does anyone know why it could be doing this or any potential fixes? ive already tried unzipping and rezipping file. adb sideloading was a potential fix online but those tutorials were quite confusing. thanks all
    Imagine not reading the installation instructions