Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Camera Is not connecting ....
I have downloaded google camera ,too..
but not connecting ....\
What's the problem..?:(:confused:

But after every thing Candy5 Is superb......:laugh::good:

I've addressed the Camera Issue multiple times, the post right before yours outlined it. Please read before posting.

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
No build this week guys, sorry.
I'm looking into porting Hercules libs for Camera. Speakerphone I have no idea why it's broken, I'm also looking into missing ifdefs in the kernel that could cause the speakerphone issue.

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
New build this week guys!
No new or exciting device specific changes, however potential data drops have been attempted to be fixed. I have not had the time to look into the camera issue
Same with the speakerphone bug.
EDIT: Official Exhilarate Support Added
Unofficial TWRP for Exhilarate Coming up Soon

Last edited:

Nevermindthelabel

Aug 19, 2014
Phoenix
Thanks

No new or exciting device specific changes, however potential data drops have been attempted to be fixed. I have not had the time to look into the camera issue

Ran the previous build on my wife's old phone for a few days. Love the performance, camera issue aside. And the TWRP is awesome, got REALLLY tired of cwm. Give this one a try as soon as i get a chance. Amazing for a phone abandoned after 4.0. Thanks for your work! :good:

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Ran the previous build on my wife's old phone for a few days. Love the performance, camera issue aside. And the TWRP is awesome, got REALLLY tired of cwm. Give this one a try as soon as i get a chance. Amazing for a phone abandoned after 4.0. Thanks for your work! :good:

IMO my broken build performs better and gets better battery life because I used an in-kernel hotplug and thermal driver, but the choice is up to you :)

Nevermindthelabel

Aug 19, 2014
Phoenix
So far so good!

IMO my broken build performs better and gets better battery life because I used an in-kernel hotplug and thermal driver, but the choice is up to you :)

With limited use so far it's running great. Had some data issues with the previous build but connected no problem. I was just going to give this phone to my little kids to play with but having way too much fun now!

Reactions: javelinanddart

VikalpP

Jul 15, 2015
Candy5 v3.1.1

What's new in v3.1.1. For t769
Please Answer me I don't want same download without fixed Camera ...

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest

This is a development forum. Not a discussion forum. If you want camera, go back to KK. If you want LP, wait patiently for me to fix it, or fix it yourself.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Candy5 v3.2 is UP! Check your OTA or the basketbuild folder in the OP

ZekeAdebayo

Sep 10, 2013
Major lag on my device

This is a development forum. Not a discussion forum. If you want camera, go back to KK. If you want LP, wait patiently for me to fix it, or fix it yourself.

The work you and Thomas Raines have put in is unbelievable, and greatly welcomed. I do have one reoccurring issue that has been coming up. Since using Lollipop I have been facing some severe lags at times some to the extent that the phones freezes up for a while. It's gotten to the point that I have been forced to use apps like Greenify (and clean master ocassionally to fix the issue?) Is this a result of Art taking more memory and therefore having a bigger impact on the phone's hardware? When it's not doing this the rom is buttery smooth and fluid. Maybe it's just me though. My dad has his own blaze lying around may just try it and see if I can reproduce the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
The work you and Thomas Raines have put in is unbelievable, and greatly welcomed. I do have one reoccurring issue that has been coming up. Since using Lollipop I have been facing some severe lags at times some to the extent that the phones freezes up for a while. It's gotten to the point that I have been forced to use apps like Greenify (and clean master ocassionally to fix the issue?) Is this a result of Art taking more memory and therefore having a bigger impact on the phone's hardware? When it's not doing this the rom is buttery smooth and fluid. Maybe it's just me though. My dad has his own blaze lying around may just try it and see if I can reproduce the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I think it's both ART and the fact that this phone has a snapdragon s3 processor
Try my BrokenOs build on the Broken G+ page.
It might be a result of not having any input boosting feature on this device which I addressed in the Broken build, but not this one because quincy doesn't seem to like it :p
Also, PM me with your hangouts email if you wanna be a tester for t769 :)

iComputerGeek101

May 18, 2015
Utah
How to create Camera Fix

Hi. I am currently running a slim rom lp build, and everything works but the camera. I want to fix it, but I don't know where to start. Why can't we use jelly bean lib files? Also where are they at? System/library? Then do I paste them into the new lollipop OS in that same folder? Thanks!

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
Hi. I am currently running a slim rom lp build, and everything works but the camera. I want to fix it, but I don't know where to start. Why can't we use jelly bean lib files? Also where are they at? System/library? Then do I paste them into the new lollipop OS in that same folder? Thanks!

We don't have JellyBean Libs.
You could try copying hercules camera libs, folder is /system/lib.
I don't know what the files exactly are off the top of my head.
Sorry about the lack of updates guys, we've been working HARD on fixing stability and data issues

Reactions: ZekeAdebayo

javelinanddart

Mar 28, 2014
Midwest
That's fine. Take your time, no rush.

New update: I've basically dropped this thing. I've been getting SODs all day long, plus i'm getting tired of Sammy's s***
I had big plans and maybe i'll get around to them but don't hold your breath, This thing was dead since before KK, and without JB Camera Libs there's not much I can really do to fix camera since Samsung uses a DIFFERENT camera sensor than ALL the other Celox Devices. I hope you guys enjoyed the taste of L

Reactions: ZekeAdebayo

ZekeAdebayo

Sep 10, 2013
New update: I've basically dropped this thing. I've been getting SODs all day long, plus i'm getting tired of Sammy's s***
I had big plans and maybe i'll get around to them but don't hold your breath, This thing was dead since before KK, and without JB Camera Libs there's not much I can really do to fix camera since Samsung uses a DIFFERENT camera sensor than ALL the other Celox Devices. I hope you guys enjoyed the taste of L

Thanks so much for your dedication, it was much appreciated. I will eventually get around to making a donation though. It's unbelievable how far you devs like you took this phone.

Nitro1max1

Jan 15, 2014
Couldn't get either version to boot on galaxy exhilarate?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: spyjhay

blaze2051

Jul 26, 2010
LG G7 ThinQ
LG V40
No build this week guys, sorry.
I'm looking into porting Hercules libs for Camera. Speakerphone I have no idea why it's broken, I'm also looking into missing ifdefs in the kernel that could cause the speakerphone issue.

thank you for all your hard work and supporting the community, merry christmas your rom brought an old phone out of retirerment live and kicking freshly flashed 5..1.1 on samsung blaze

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

be9f9a3ce13148bb361a064d6bd05e22.jpg

This is Candy5. Built straight from CyanogenMod source with commits from a variety of different Sources/ROMS. We wanted to give the users a fun, fully customizable ROM.We aim to add more features as this project progresses.

Check us out on the web @The-Candy-Shop

2e8esupa.jpg

@matthew0776 @mar5hal @gimmeitorilltell @BMP7777 @CyberScopes @Cuzz1369 @rc420head @Flashalot @Venomtester @Darknites @Rapier @NexusPenguin @Alx31TLse @timmytim @Bx16 @Saatvik Shukla @abbychauhan @javelinanddart
    @calebcabob

qy9e6u4u.jpg

ROM
    DEVICES

Disclaimer: We here at The CandyShop are not responsible for any bricks you may obtain. Please follow the thread rules and steps and everything will be gravy. Remember, backing up before flashing is always recommended.

FEATURES
    Candy Interface
    Custom navigation bar
    Battery Percent
    Recents Panel Options
    Clock and Date Options
    Wake Options
    Rotation 360 degrees
    Custom Notification Lights
    Lockscreen Notifications Per App
    IME options from 4.4+
    Disable Ime selector
    Battery Saver mode coloring
    Custom system animations
    Full Sweetner Pack compatible
    Battery bar
    Theme Engine
    Omni Switch
    Wakelock Blocker
    Custom DPI
    Lockscreen Shortcuts
    Animations
    Visual improvements
    ALL of Cm's Latest Feature Additions

CHANGELOG

Steps:

Download Candy5.zip
    Download 5.1 GAPPS (optional)
    Place Candy5.zip on phones memory or SD card
    Boot into recovery (only my lollipop TWRP is guaranteed to work)
    Full wipe (Dalvik Cache, Cache, System, Factory Data Reset)
    Flash Candy5.zip
    Flash GAPPS (Optional)
    Flash SuperSU zip (optional)
    INSTALL UVMB1 BASEBAND IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY
    Reboot and Enjoi

be9apenu.jpg

* Candy5-T769-Official.zip
    * Candy5-Exhilarate-Official.zip

* GAPPS
    Or use 5.1 Gapps of choice

* SuperSU

Please give first boot a good few minutes.

Candy5 is in early stages and will inherit CyanogenMod bugs and issues. But some we have resolved ourselves.
    The base has been tested and passed most users needs for a Daily Driver.

Special thanks to CyanogenMod, SlimRoms,for making their source open.
    Sources:

CyanogenMod
    SlimRoms
    LiquidSmooth

XWkqU3e.png

Download

XDA:DevDB Information
    Candy5 for T769 and Exhilarate, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G

Contributors
    javelinanddart, gimmeitorilltell, NoSpamDan
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.0.x
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2015-06-28
    Last Updated 2015-07-27

New build is UP!
    Candy5 2.7 is live people!
    KNOWN BUGS:
    • Camera is completely Broken (Lib issue)
    • Speakerphone still doesn't work (Audio Routing Issue thanks to @InkSlinger420 for finding where the issue was)
    • Data may or may not be flaky (being looked into by @NoSpamDan)

READ BEFORE POSTING BUGS:
    Tutorial: How to properly post a bug
    Reporting A Problem - Android

IF YOU POST BUGS WITHOUT READING THESE AND PROVIDING PROPER INFORMATION, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME POSTING THEM! YOU WILL BE IGNORED! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!