[ROM][Official][lux] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto X Play

Search This thread

squid2

Recognized Developer
Mar 9, 2015
Ontario
3AjGvOY.png

This is the thread for LineageOS 14.1 to the Moto X Play. LineageOS is essentially a continuation of the CyanogenMod project.

Changelog:
CMXLog official weekly changelogs

Downloads:
Official weeklies
Lineage su addon

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][Official][lux] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto X Play, ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
squid2, Alberto97, scritch007, vache, Shreps, invisiblek, h2o64, Quasar
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-08
Last Updated 2017-01-26

Nuddelauflauf

Jan 14, 2016
Berlin
Well let the testing begin. Thank you for your effort.

Edit: Can't get past the WiFi Choosing. Google Services denies the service and shuts down. So I have to figure out why I can't finish the setup. I am using OpgenGapps Stock from today.

Last edited:

K.khiladi

Aug 6, 2014
Hello
Which open gaps 7.0 or 7.1?
Tnx
The rom is based on 7.1 so 7.1 Gapps.

Sent from Aosp extended running XT1562

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Is cmte merged yet?
There's still no news of CMTE being merged. So, don't think that it's merged.

Sent from Aosp extended running XT1562

Reactions: Apipote

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

This is the thread for LineageOS 14.1 to the Moto X Play. LineageOS is essentially a continuation of the CyanogenMod project.

Changelog:
    CMXLog official weekly changelogs

Downloads:
    Official weeklies
    Lineage su addon

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Official][lux] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto X Play, ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
    squid2, Alberto97, scritch007, vache, Shreps, invisiblek, h2o64, Quasar
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-08
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Preview build

I've posted a preview build that should be fully functional. I will be moving official nightlies over to CM14.1 soon after I finish some testing.
    Prebuilt Audio HAL Eliminated

I've managed to get the speakerphone mic to work under a source built audio HAL, and so I've been able to eliminate the prebuilt one. This is important because it was the main blocker for LineageOS 15.1 on this device. I'm working on LineageOS 15.1 for this device family, and will have more to share in the coming weeks.
    @squid2 will lux get Oreo or not. This would be breather for communitynl!

Yes

I'm finally moving on from my father's passing and a little time is starting to appear in my schedule, so I'm hoping to return to Android this week (after my 6+ month hiatus). First I'll bring security patches for all devices I maintain officially on LOS 14.1, then I'll update TWRP for everything, then I'll start working on Oreo for everything. Of course, P is just around the corner, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Last night I did a big round of kernel security updates. I must say the kernel probably still has some security holes just because it’s difficult and time consuming to backport many of the security patches intended for newer kernels. However, it is at least better than before. This week, I’ll also make some changes to LOS 14.1 in preparation for 15.1/16, such as switching to a source built sensor HAL. I’ll also down a final Squid Kernel release compatible with LOS 14.1.

After this, I’m going to shift focus to LOS 15.1/16. One big task I’ll at least try (not sure if I’ll succeed in a reasonable amount of time) is migrating to a 3.18 kernel. The reason for this is to make security patch maintenance easier, since the 3.10 kernel is getting old and very far from mainline. If 3.18 proves too difficult to get working, I’ll have to make do with a 3.10 kernel rebased off CAF LA.BR.1.2.9 (Motorola kernel with extra patches merged or rebased, maybe with some extra cleanups too).