[ROM][Official][lux] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto X Play

Search This thread

portox

Mar 17, 2017
Santos, São Paulo
Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/s4emkm2sxyli0rd/lineage-15.1-20190916-UNOFFICIAL-lux.zip/file

After a 7 month hiatus, I'm back on LineageOS. This build has a lot of security fixes over the last one (kernel and Android fixes), and it also has various other minor bug fixes including a fix for NFC crashes.

Use my TWRP to flash this.
Please clean flash if you are coming from any ROM other than my last LineageOS 15.1 preview build from February.
If you want GApps, I recommend OpenGapps Pico. I don't recommend any of the bigger packages because the Google app with its extra home screen tab makes the phone slow.
VoLTE might be broken.
There is a known issue where autofocus behaves strangely, and just doesn't lock at all when in video recording mode. I need to fix this before LOS 15.1 for lux can go official.
Be aware that my current TWRP does not support decrypting filesystems encrypted on Oreo. It is in need of an update which will come out before offiical builds begin.

EDIT: There seems to be a kernel regression in this build preceding the device from going into deep sleep. I will fix this tonight and post another build tomorrow.
dude, you are awesome, thank you so much!

miadevice

Jun 19, 2017
onboard
For a few days I have been using Build LOS15.1-20190919 as daily driver and tested almost everything (except volte).

- When installing (TWRP 3.2.3-r1) on ext4 partition, password was requested at boot. No idea because unencrypted. But with F2FS it works.
- It seems like a new modem is being installed?
- Camera do not focus permanently even in photo mode (Stock, Footej). But with OpenCamera it works, even in video-mode!
Only integrated cam from Telegram is almost unusable.
- Magisk (because "fbind") and Gapps works fluffy by the way.

Everything is smooth and stable. No crashes (not even with photo-apps) or freeze.

Battery: Still testing, thats why I havent made tunes to governor, voltage, etc.:

- Battery seems better set Enhanced 4G / LTE Mode to *off*
- NFC-apk frozen / disabled (old habit ;) and no need for it)
- Set lowest energy-saving-profile in battery-settings (not "extreme").
- gapps-nano: Playstore and PlayService mostly frozen (only for purchased apps, otherwise Aurora)

Everywhere I set the usual energy-saving-settings (remains usable). Thats how I get through the day. For accurate results, I have to use it for longer time. The battery lasted a bit longer with LOS14.1. But thats no problem. :cool:

thezibrail

Jul 7, 2013
CPU governor - Lionfish
CPU I/O - row or noop
GPU governor - simple ondemand

Rest stock like there is in Squid kernel v23

Phone is very responsive, no lags till 10% battery works like a charm
My phone switches off at 10%. It's more than two year old device.
Can this Squid kernel be applied with the 15.1 Los here or just the 14.1?
If it's not, do u suggest any kernel setup for 15.1…?

crazy4jack

Apr 12, 2019
My phone switches off at 10%. It's more than two year old device.
Can this Squid kernel be applied with the 15.1 Los here or just the 14.1?
If it's not, do u suggest any kernel setup for 15.1…?

U have to ass Squid or maybe methuselah, ort just simple flash latest 15.1 from Squid and test it by Yourself - im using Kernel Adiutor to change schedulers and watch how phone is reacting.... Sqiud is doing some finnaly good version of Oreo for our Moto, so when he will be sure everything is working like a charm i will for sure flash it for my self ;)
cheerio

EDIT 21.10.2019 - btw i dont know from who is this app - Screen Recorder, app preinstalled in LOS, but without any settings this app beats every screen rec i today try, Az, MNML etc

Last edited:
Reactions: thezibrail

Liam__

Sep 16, 2019
UPDATES ??

Hi @squid2 @althafvly,

Anyone have LineageOS updates version for my dear lux ?

I install your latest rom and it works almost perfectly :good: but I really want to change my Iphone 6 and use my moto x play for everyday :)

If there are any bugs with Volte I can't use this device for everyday,so please put updates :highfive:

You makes good job for us so a big thank you !!

Liam

Reactions: akks1981

crazy4jack

Apr 12, 2019
ive just installed LOS 15 from mr squid finnaly, cuz some apss like retrica, vsco was not fwroking almost at all on LOS 14.1, first impressions: camera app working but Fottej also waorking with fast focus, i will check other 2 grat cameras DSLR and Opencamera for store later, but for now i try test it more;) Xposed etc

I have little question, cuz i have EUROPE X play and i just read we have blocked dual sim on this phone and this is bull ****, so how i can enable this function on my moto x play?

Last edited:

Epsyliant

Sep 21, 2016
hi everyone, i installed LOS 15.1 and the rom works almost perfectly! the only problem i had was deep sleep, many times when i tried to wake up the phone with the power button. Any solution ??? thanks!

palik369

Jan 4, 2020
Hi everyone,

First I thank you for builds and support, your job is great ! I test the 15.1-20190916 version for several days and I think its better than my previous 14.1. Its faster, smoother and stable. The battery performance is little better too for me.

But I noticed two problems so far. First is autofocus in camera, but it is described before. But second (most important to me) is GPS signal loss.

I use two apps: Google Maps and Yanosik (warning police control, etc.). When I tap localize button (force the localization) in this apps everything works good, but when I have to use navigation, tracks and use GPS signal in real time the apps doesnt work. Sometimes its freezing, sometimes its running.

I tried to exlude this apps from battery optimization, used extended 4G LTE mode and changed other localize settings, but always its the same problem. GPS is useless now.

I am asking for advices, please and have a nice day :)

KUSANAGUI

Jul 10, 2019
Lima
LINEAGE 8.1 https://www.mediafire.com/file/zb2ysil0yxflj5g/lineage-15.1-20190919-UNOFFICIAL-lux.zip/file
To solve the problem of the camera (video recording) approach of lineage: just turn off the focus, go to focus and it will appear continuously, just change it to automatic.
I have tried other apps and the video recording approach does not work well, for example: footej, open camera, or this mod:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-play/themes-apps/mod-rom-t3982983 (thanks bro)

LINEAGE 8.1 @squid2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/zb2ysil0yxflj5g/lineage-15.1-20190919-UNOFFICIAL-lux.zip/file
Footej camera2
with this app the video works well, there is no zoom problem.

Last edited:

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
Hi everyone,

First I thank you for builds and support, your job is great ! I test the 15.1-20190916 version for several days and I think its better than my previous 14.1. Its faster, smoother and stable. The battery performance is little better too for me.

But I noticed two problems so far. First is autofocus in camera, but it is described before. But second (most important to me) is GPS signal loss.

I use two apps: Google Maps and Yanosik (warning police control, etc.). When I tap localize button (force the localization) in this apps everything works good, but when I have to use navigation, tracks and use GPS signal in real time the apps doesnt work. Sometimes its freezing, sometimes its running.

I tried to exlude this apps from battery optimization, used extended 4G LTE mode and changed other localize settings, but always its the same problem. GPS is useless now.

I am asking for advices, please and have a nice day :)
I have already reported the issue with focus against 17.1 on gitlab and it has been acknowledged! Any workaround is silly.

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
I don't know what you're trying to say but I'm flashing the latest 14.1 as we speak :) After 14.1 - new phone. Even a $170 Nokia will be better than Moto X Play.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

NEW BUILD ON LATEST SOURCE - (i won't be maintaining this. Just built because all rom for this device is outdated)

lineage-14.1-20200331-UNOFFICIAL-lux

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261758111
I'm in Germany and the site selected a Canadian server and gives 50 KB/s. Is there a way around it? Same with the alternative mirror... an American one.

Last edited:

akks1981

Jul 5, 2017
I don't know what you're trying to say but I'm flashing the latest 14.1 as we speak :) After 14.1 - new phone. Even a $170 Nokia will be better than Moto X Play.

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

I'm in Germany and the site selected a Canadian server and gives 50 KB/s. Is there a way around it? Same with the alternative mirror... an American one.

Ich wollte dich nur darauf hinweisen, dass es mittlerweile wieder ein Offizielles LineageOS 17.1 Gibt. Aber Flash was du willst ^^ lg.

https://www.lineageoslog.com/17.1/lux

Reactions: georgedorn

firefoxos

Jul 9, 2012
NEW BUILD ON LATEST SOURCE - (i won't be maintaining this. Just built because all rom for this device is outdated)

lineage-14.1-20200331-UNOFFICIAL-lux

https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261758111
I know you said you won't be maintaing this but did you perhaps stumble upon a
'OK Google' model update
error? It says 'Connection error'. Which is weird because I have disabled Google Assistant altogether. Enabling it back doesn't stop the damn notification from coming up.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3AjGvOY.png

This is the thread for LineageOS 14.1 to the Moto X Play. LineageOS is essentially a continuation of the CyanogenMod project.

Changelog:
    CMXLog official weekly changelogs

Downloads:
    Official weeklies
    Lineage su addon

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][Official][lux] LineageOS 14.1 for Moto X Play, ROM for the Moto X Play

Contributors
    squid2, Alberto97, scritch007, vache, Shreps, invisiblek, h2o64, Quasar
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x

Version Information

Created 2016-12-08
    Last Updated 2017-01-26
    Preview build

I've posted a preview build that should be fully functional. I will be moving official nightlies over to CM14.1 soon after I finish some testing.
    Prebuilt Audio HAL Eliminated

I've managed to get the speakerphone mic to work under a source built audio HAL, and so I've been able to eliminate the prebuilt one. This is important because it was the main blocker for LineageOS 15.1 on this device. I'm working on LineageOS 15.1 for this device family, and will have more to share in the coming weeks.
    @squid2 will lux get Oreo or not. This would be breather for communitynl!

Yes

I'm finally moving on from my father's passing and a little time is starting to appear in my schedule, so I'm hoping to return to Android this week (after my 6+ month hiatus). First I'll bring security patches for all devices I maintain officially on LOS 14.1, then I'll update TWRP for everything, then I'll start working on Oreo for everything. Of course, P is just around the corner, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Last night I did a big round of kernel security updates. I must say the kernel probably still has some security holes just because it’s difficult and time consuming to backport many of the security patches intended for newer kernels. However, it is at least better than before. This week, I’ll also make some changes to LOS 14.1 in preparation for 15.1/16, such as switching to a source built sensor HAL. I’ll also down a final Squid Kernel release compatible with LOS 14.1.

After this, I’m going to shift focus to LOS 15.1/16. One big task I’ll at least try (not sure if I’ll succeed in a reasonable amount of time) is migrating to a 3.18 kernel. The reason for this is to make security patch maintenance easier, since the 3.10 kernel is getting old and very far from mainline. If 3.18 proves too difficult to get working, I’ll have to make do with a 3.10 kernel rebased off CAF LA.BR.1.2.9 (Motorola kernel with extra patches merged or rebased, maybe with some extra cleanups too).
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone