[ROM][OFFICIAL][mido] Pixel Experience [AOSP][11.0]

Search This thread

oavald

September update this ROM finally became more or less usable. Before it was constant lags and unresponsive apps that no kernel I've tried fixed. Now though it's still slower than I'd like, but at least bearable, using stock kernel.

With September update this ROM finally became more or less usable. Before it was constant lags and unresponsive apps that no kernel I've tried fixed. Now though it's still slower than I'd like, but at least bearable, using stock kernel.
I had exactly the same experience. The September update is the first Android 11 update that isn't laggy.

xiangzixu2001

May 19, 2021
Xiaomi Mi 2
Honor 4x
Hi. I flashed my redmi note 4x with this rom with twrp. Then I found my device stuck in the guiding inferface after 10 seconds' normal use and rebooted. It kept rebooted for long and everytime I tried to finish the guide it continues. Should I flash another rom based on android 11 first to solve the problem?

spacemonkeyss

Oct 30, 2014
Hi, I have recently flash Pixel Experience 11, I cleaned everything before. Right after setup I have free space issue. Storage settings shows 24% used and 24,45 GB free. But I can't install neither app not make a photo. I tried to re-flash but with no success. No free space.
Does anybody faced this issue?
Could someone advise how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
I use twrp-3.5.2_9-0-mido.

shaemasa

Hi, I have recently flash Pixel Experience 11, I cleaned everything before. Right after setup I have free space issue. Storage settings shows 24% used and 24,45 GB free. But I can't install neither app not make a photo. I tried to re-flash but with no success. No free space.
Does anybody faced this issue?
Could someone advise how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
I use twrp-3.5.2_9-0-mido.
Format data and try if it works.

Reactions: edolf

shaemasa

Just clear cache and data.
Before flashing I made wipe of:

Dalvik / ART Cache
System
Vendor
Data
Internal Storage
Cache

Maybe it should be done in another sequence?
Just clear
Before flashing I made wipe of:

Dalvik / ART Cache
System
Vendor
Data
Internal Storage
Cache

Maybe it should be done in another sequence?
Go to recovery and do a format data (not system, vendor or internal). Since you have started with a clean flash, you'll have nothing to lose.

Arsenious

May 26, 2016
Installed this today. Works really slow, its crawling, click on settings app and it takes 5 seconds to register touch. Did you leave cpu governor set to powersave? and RAM usage is sitting at 1.8/1.9GB at idle or even after deep sleep.

mahadev111

Jul 22, 2013
i updated from pe 10 to 15 october2021 pe11 update. i am unable to connect to pc with usb cable via file transfer mode. it doesn't show on pc

Feb 13, 2021
Hello everyone!!! I think that 10 android is the maximum that pulls our Redmi Note 4X. It's a pity!!!
No. I run ArrowOS A11 (10.10. build). Performance is great and no bugs. I waiting for A12 with GAPS (and fix for TWRP or another custom bootloader that can handle an Android 12 boot process).
For PE 12 will need to wait (look at their last blog post).
This will be fixed soon. I hope.

Reactions: Opelsan341

Opelsan341

Aug 21, 2014
Lima
Нет. Я использую ArrowOS A11 (сборка 10.10.). Производительность отличная, багов нет. Я жду A12 с GAPS (и исправлю для TWRP или другого пользовательского загрузчика, который может обрабатывать процесс загрузки Android 12).
Для PE 12 нужно будет подождать (посмотрите их последний пост в блоге).
Скоро это будет исправлено. Я надеюсь.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X [mido]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!
    Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

1. What is disadvantage have SELinux permissive?
    2. Google Play is certified?
    3. You will be official maintainer?
    4. Can install over pixel experience plus 9.0?
    5. FPC fingerprint is 100% OK?

1 nothing
    2 yes
    3 I don't know yet
    4 no, clean flash
    5 yes
    My ROM Review

After 2 days of using this ROM, this is my observation (this may vary for our devices, some of us have this, some of us dont.)
    This are the part I really liked:
    * Android 10 (obviously)
    * Better Optimization (i don't get lag on live wallpaper)
    * Added options (Live Caption, Privacy, Guest Mode etc.)
    * Better UI
    * Fewer Bloatware

The part I hated:
    * No Fingerprint (I'm using Goodix)
    * No Faceunlock (Can only use pattern and few options in smartlock)
    * Cannot disable HW Key (and backlight too, causes battery depletion), No navbar yet, glitchy gestures
    * No ambient display
    * Cannot pass lockscreen after reboot (i think this only happens when put password/pattern in lockscreen)
    * No option for advance reboot
    * No Live Caption (manually install this using magisk)
    * No screen recorder like Pie Plus yet
    * When clicked on Restart, the whole phone becomes unresponsive and doesn't restart (hold power button for few seconds)

Opinion: Tons of New Things to try but with tons of New Bugs to watch out for. Because of Reboot problems and some features still not implemented, I would not use this ROM for daily use (i feel like its still in its beta stages). Overall, this ROM is great. For now, id be using the Pie Plus for stability.
    here is goodix patch please compile github(.)com/Roker2/fingerprint.goodix.so -Via Crabon rOM (thanks to roker2)
    Hello, I'm one of the peeps that patched the blobs (you can check some of the commits if you're not sure), came here to tell you 2 things:
    1) The fix itself isn't complete yet. Although we've made some progress here, Goodix still doesn't work.
    2) You forgot to put other important patches. Can't post links yet, but you can check Roker2's GitHub repos for that.

Hope you all understand.
    23/11 build
    - Updated aptx blobs from Q
    - Added smart replies
    - VoLTE should work now on Airtel
    - Kernel updated again to Q, now fully CAF upstreamed (wifi too)
    - PE upstreams

Download link is in First post