[ROM][OFFICIAL][mido] Pixel Experience [AOSP][11.0]

Search This thread

BBQigniter

Apr 6, 2021
tried latest available image (PixelExperience_mido-11.0-20210314-1204-OFFICIAL) with latest twrp-recovery image (twrp-3.5.1_9-0-mido) for mido and installed latest available xiaomi firmware for mido and it runs fine.

but as soon as i start to encrypt the phone it ends in bootloop (google logo with small loadingbar) :(

pacjo

Aug 29, 2018
need root and root access file manager like solid file explorer, go to root/vendor/etc and open "mixer_paths_mtp.xml" and edit <ctl name="RX1 Digital Volume" value="84" /> (change 84 to 72.)
and <ctl name="RX2 Digital Volume" value="84" /> to 72.

just change values of these two lines, RX1 and RX2. and reboot. that noise will disppear and your headset volume will be lil lower than before. but its good for listening music.
sorry for late response, but after changing these values multiple times the noise is still there.

Not sure if this will help but I was using AmazeFileManager (https://github.com/TeamAmaze/AmazeFileManager)

drdedus

Jul 4, 2013
Realme GT 2
hello
i can not find the three options for Gps
high accuracy , battery saving, device only
is there any workaround to close the gps but leave Location on like we had in previous versions of android?

Qwerty612

Mar 6, 2021
Current Problems:-

1. No sound when receiving/making calls (no sound in WhatsApp call also) (can be fixed on restarting) because of this I have to restart my phone every day.
2. Phone automatically restarts when I try to call multiple times without restarting the phone during the previous problem.
3. Buggy Chrome when selecting google search bar after coming back from a website ( it shows the website page with the keyboard up and goes away when I press the clear button on the keyboard )
4. Random system UI crash when using apps like Reddit for a long time.
5. USB tethering STILL not working (Is working in MIUI)
6. Charging LED still Extremely Bright to use at night
7. Charging speed around 1260 - 1300 mA with original charger with max USB current 2000mA (current min 430 mA --- max 1570 mA).

Other Requests;-

1. No internet speed meter the notification bar
2. No option to change wifi/sim from notification dropdown
3. Apps Cannot access the android folder( I know this was introduced with 11 but this is custom ROM).
4. Phone feels slower than the beta version.

Last edited:

Olimatou

Dec 3, 2019
@GiaSen Hi, What about LHDC & LHDC_LL Bluetooth protocol support. Isn't it part of android 11 audio normally ? That should be great to add support for it because it is part of xiaomi ecosystem already. Is there any culprit to compile Android with that option activated in audio HAL and interfaces ?

Reactions: mahdy666

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Google Location Accuracy looks like it's the new name for High Accuracy and Battery saver mode.

If that's off, it says it will only use the device gps. Possibly, if you turn location off, it's still going to be in battery saver accuracy mode, unless you turn the Google Location Accuracy off, which is how i think you fully turn off location services now.

That's my guess

drdedus

Jul 4, 2013
Realme GT 2
yes i just checked and it look like this but i think it is impossible to just close the gps and leave wifi scan on so many apps gets location approximately .
i do not want to have gps but i want to get info from Apps like netmonster etc.

arash2751

May 5, 2011
Phone very slower as android 10 and most time is hang, battery life is low, switch between apps very slow, when incoming call screen be blak or notifye screen not show, i install clean and wipe cache data dalvik but also existing problems yet

p3dboard

Oct 20, 2013
Phone very slower as android 10 and most time is hang, battery life is low, switch between apps very slow, when incoming call screen be blak or notifye screen not show, i install clean and wipe cache data dalvik but also existing problems yet
The April build seems to fix the lag / slowness issues. It's just with the Rom testing group at the moment, should hopefully be released soon

Xendar88

Apr 17, 2021
Hi all, is it possible to put WPA3 support in the rom? When I tried the PE11 beta I remember that it worked, with the PixelExperience_Plus_mido-11.0-20210314 version it only works with WPA2

deadlymajesty

Apr 9, 2020
April build is up, link in first post
Changelog
- April security patch
- Updated translations
- Improved face unlock
- Performance and stability improvements
Thanks for the update.

I've been unable to play MP4 video using KMplayer with PE11+ (Android 11). The update doesn't seem to fix that. Other players seem to work fine. It's possible that KMplayer hasn't been updated to work with Android 11, but could you look into it to see if it's specific to the build for mido?

drdedus

Jul 4, 2013
Realme GT 2
can we wait a solution or a workaround so we will have location on and gps off like we had in previous versions of android? high accuracy/ battery saving mode/ device only?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Redmi Note 4/4X [mido]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Whats working?
    Wi-Fi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    FM radio
    Fingerprint reader
    Face unlock
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Jhenrique09 Paypal
    GiaSen PayPal

If you liked my work, give me a beer, thanks!
    Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

1. What is disadvantage have SELinux permissive?
    2. Google Play is certified?
    3. You will be official maintainer?
    4. Can install over pixel experience plus 9.0?
    5. FPC fingerprint is 100% OK?

1 nothing
    2 yes
    3 I don't know yet
    4 no, clean flash
    5 yes
    My ROM Review

After 2 days of using this ROM, this is my observation (this may vary for our devices, some of us have this, some of us dont.)
    This are the part I really liked:
    * Android 10 (obviously)
    * Better Optimization (i don't get lag on live wallpaper)
    * Added options (Live Caption, Privacy, Guest Mode etc.)
    * Better UI
    * Fewer Bloatware

The part I hated:
    * No Fingerprint (I'm using Goodix)
    * No Faceunlock (Can only use pattern and few options in smartlock)
    * Cannot disable HW Key (and backlight too, causes battery depletion), No navbar yet, glitchy gestures
    * No ambient display
    * Cannot pass lockscreen after reboot (i think this only happens when put password/pattern in lockscreen)
    * No option for advance reboot
    * No Live Caption (manually install this using magisk)
    * No screen recorder like Pie Plus yet
    * When clicked on Restart, the whole phone becomes unresponsive and doesn't restart (hold power button for few seconds)

Opinion: Tons of New Things to try but with tons of New Bugs to watch out for. Because of Reboot problems and some features still not implemented, I would not use this ROM for daily use (i feel like its still in its beta stages). Overall, this ROM is great. For now, id be using the Pie Plus for stability.
    here is goodix patch please compile github(.)com/Roker2/fingerprint.goodix.so -Via Crabon rOM (thanks to roker2)
    Hello, I'm one of the peeps that patched the blobs (you can check some of the commits if you're not sure), came here to tell you 2 things:
    1) The fix itself isn't complete yet. Although we've made some progress here, Goodix still doesn't work.
    2) You forgot to put other important patches. Can't post links yet, but you can check Roker2's GitHub repos for that.

Hope you all understand.
    23/11 build
    - Updated aptx blobs from Q
    - Added smart replies
    - VoLTE should work now on Airtel
    - Kernel updated again to Q, now fully CAF upstreamed (wifi too)
    - PE upstreams

Download link is in First post