[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][10] LineageOS 17.1

pavl0v

Dec 22, 2010
Change the device fingerprint to Pixel 2's (Oreo). That should make it pass
Thx JarlPenguin. Now it works like a charm. In general your ROM is way much faster than the stock one and I am going to use it as a daily driver but first I need to resolve two lesser issues:

A) Stock camera is not able to save photos on the SD card. I have tried both formatting it as a removable and internal memory but none of these solutions worked. When I am taking a picture it is showed on the left lower corner but it is not possible to maximize it after clicking on it (which works perfectly fine with phone memory). Of course I have checked SD Card directories but no subfolders (100ANDRO & Camera) are being created under DCIM folder. In addition I have reviewed application permissions but it even has no external memory on the list and never asked me to grant such access.

B) Battery drain. I have observed that even during the night battery charge level is capable of dropping down by around 10%. Of course I have noticed Battery Manager settings but I am wondering if I can use them in parallel with apps like SmartPack-Kernel Manager or Kernel Adiutior to change the current governor. Do you think it is worth to try or maybe it will just do the same as built-in battery management options?

I can't install the gapps of error 70 already deleted size files and do not resize system
At first try to format Data and then check. If it wont work, please replace TWRP with the older one: 3.3.1.1. I am fully aware that 3.4.0.1 was advised by JarlPenguin but in my case I was not able to use it at all both to install the rom itself and gapps. Remember to choose the proper package - Platform: ARM64, Android: 10, Variant: nano or even pico (I am currently using the second one). Good luck.

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
Thx JarlPenguin. Now it works like a charm. In general your ROM is way much faster than the stock one and I am going to use it as a daily driver but first I need to resolve two lesser issues:

A) Stock camera is not able to save photos on the SD card. I have tried both formatting it as a removable and internal memory but none of these solutions worked. When I am taking a picture it is showed on the left lower corner but it is not possible to maximize it after clicking on it (which works perfectly fine with phone memory). Of course I have checked SD Card directories but no subfolders (100ANDRO & Camera) are being created under DCIM folder. In addition I have reviewed application permissions but it even has no external memory on the list and never asked me to grant such access.

B) Battery drain. I have observed that even during the night battery charge level is capable of dropping down by around 10%. Of course I have noticed Battery Manager settings but I am wondering if I can use them in parallel with apps like SmartPack-Kernel Manager or Kernel Adiutior to change the current governor. Do you think it is worth to try or maybe it will just do the same as built-in battery management options?

At first try to format Data and then check. If it wont work, please replace TWRP with the older one: 3.3.1.1. I am fully aware that 3.4.0.1 was advised by JarlPenguin but in my case I was not able to use it at all both to install the rom itself and gapps. Remember to choose the proper package - Platform: ARM64, Android: 10, Variant: nano or even pico (I am currently using the second one). Good luck.
1. Isn't possible
2. 10% battery drain overnight is normal in my experience.

InTheCage

Sep 12, 2008
Thank you (all involved) for the work, running smooth like butter. Happy

Could it be that the sound driver is different compared to stock? Sounds more tinny, mayeb I am imagining but it used to sound warmer. Played with sound settings but still.. dunno. Edit disabled audioFx, think its normal now. ( perhaps placebo effect ;) )

About audioFx I am unable to adjust custom settings, even when i create new custom profile, cant slide frequencie sliders.

Edit: Got some trouble with ctsProfile (majisk) ive tried a couple of modules but cant pass safetynet. Tried Majiskhide props config and Didgeridoohan's zip. I am now messing things up i guess. If i ask in wrong section, pardon me. But ask here because ya'll running this or have been running this rom.
I'm gonna try this a bit later on unless someone has a simpler idea.

2 - I've got no 4G, and if I flash back stock Oreo I'm even without IMEI : I tried following this thread (forum.xda-developers.com/g5-plus/how-to/fix-persist-resolve-imei0-explanation-t3825147), but even flashing stock firmware, changing owner of those file won't get the IMEI back; oddly, flashing back your last build (FYI, the previous build resulted in bootloop to recovery) make the phone usable again, but with no LTE and with the ownership of rfs and hlos_rfs back to unknown
I noticed that i didnt have 4g as well, toggling in settings no difference but strangly toggling on off in pulldown menu made it work for me.
Strangely the same with GPS in normal menu toggling no work but in pulldown menu (notifications) work. Coincidence?

Last edited:

Dan Mornill

May 7, 2019
Just to share some input with the recent post about battery decrease during night.

I'm used to loosing 10 % when my phone is iddling with the radio all night, but when I put it on airplane mode I expect a slightly smaller drain.

I can't figure when and why, but it has been a couple of builds where the airplane mode doesn't seem to have a real impact.
And it is random. Sometimes I get almost a flat discharge rate, sometimes it's as if LTE was iddling all night long.

YoShake

Oct 8, 2020
Sometimes I get almost a flat discharge rate, sometimes it's as if LTE was iddling all night long.
Disable all possible connectivity including wifi, BT, location.
Dunno how it would behave with enabled mobile data plan, but recently I lost around 1-2% during night.

But I also enabled live display and night mode.
I'm thinking about installing tasker so it could automatically disable all connectivity during night and enable them in the morning.

pavl0v

Dec 22, 2010
Disable all possible connectivity including wifi, BT, location.
Dunno how it would behave with enabled mobile data plan, but recently I lost around 1-2% during night.

But I also enabled live display and night mode.
I'm thinking about installing tasker so it could automatically disable all connectivity during night and enable them in the morning.
From the very beginning I was using exactly the same settings except active network connection (mobile data disabled) and I was still experiencing around 10% drain. I think I will reinstall this ROM again to double check it.

brajesh.sharma87

Jan 27, 2011
Kolkata
First official build is up at https://download.lineageos.org/montana. Clean flash will be required when switching (because Lineage signs their ROMs with their own keys).
Thanks for the rom buddy. I use it on my home phone and all works fine except 4g. Not a problem particularly with this rom but in general all other roms. Since this is not my primary phone, could you please help me out restoring 4G and eventually volte and vowifi. Flashing the stock rom removes even the imei, and flashing a custom rom brings back imei and 4G is lost.

Unfortunately, I do not have any efs or persist back up with me.

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
Thanks for the rom buddy. I use it on my home phone and all works fine except 4g. Not a problem particularly with this rom but in general all other roms. Since this is not my primary phone, could you please help me out restoring 4G and eventually volte and vowifi. Flashing the stock rom removes even the imei, and flashing a custom rom brings back imei and 4G is lost.

Unfortunately, I do not have any efs or persist back up with me.
Unfortunately without it you can't restore 4G/VoLTE.

Reactions: brajesh.sharma87