[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][10] LineageOS 17.1

mattdpollard

Sep 9, 2020
ok thanks!
Everything is up and running on official now - thanks and congratulations to you Jarl-Penguin and others who helped, for this huge achievement of going official!

One quick question- it seems to me that at some time in the past I was able to disable the vibration that comes with the "chop chop" flashlight gesture, probably using this technique: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/disable-moto-gestures-vibration-without-root.3742543/ But now I can't figure out which package is responsible for that vibration - i tried com.motorola.moto and com.motorola.actions and they didn't seem to work - and neither did i find anything in the app inspector that looked likely. Is this still possible and if so, which package should it be applied to? Thanks again!

Reactions: JarlPenguin

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
Everything is up and running on official now - thanks and congratulations to you Jarl-Penguin and others who helped, for this huge achievement of going official!

One quick question- it seems to me that at some time in the past I was able to disable the vibration that comes with the "chop chop" flashlight gesture, probably using this technique: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/disable-moto-gestures-vibration-without-root.3742543/ But now I can't figure out which package is responsible for that vibration - i tried com.motorola.moto and com.motorola.actions and they didn't seem to work - and neither did i find anything in the app inspector that looked likely. Is this still possible and if so, which package should it be applied to? Thanks again!
The package name for Moto Actions is org.lineageos.settings.device, hope that helps!

My mistake... still randomy working...
It worked perfectly after flashing, but didn't after a full charge.
Jarl any idea on this one ?
No, but we're looking into it. At the moment we don't have an estimated date for the fix.

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
With my XT1799-2, and coming off of Lineage 15.1, my phone boots to the new ROM, but only as far as the start up animation, and it just sits there like a continuous first boot up. 15.1 worked fine, minus the front camera problem that the XT1799-2 had. Any suggestions?

And which GApps package would I use? Tried arm64 8.1 nano and it wouldnt install with TWRP. Thanks.

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
With my XT1799-2, and coming off of Lineage 15.1, my phone boots to the new ROM, but only as far as the start up animation, and it just sits there like a continuous first boot up. 15.1 worked fine, minus the front camera problem that the XT1799-2 had. Any suggestions?

And which GApps package would I use? Tried arm64 8.1 nano and it wouldnt install with TWRP. Thanks.
Instructions on the wiki should work. Please make sure to be on Oreo firmware. And GApps version is arm64 10 nano/pico

rpcll

Aug 14, 2014
Finally updated to Andorid 10 and everything i've tested so far works great. Thanks for your effort!
A couple things: Is the cLock widget gone for good? Would an .apk from 16.0 not work anymore?
My Security patch status in Privacy>Trust shows Vendor as "out of date" (platform is up to date) Is this normal? I dont remember if i updated all firmwares to oreo back, is there anywhere to check?

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
Finally updated to Andorid 10 and everything i've tested so far works great. Thanks for your effort!
A couple things: Is the cLock widget gone for good? Would an .apk from 16.0 not work anymore?
My Security patch status in Privacy>Trust shows Vendor as "out of date" (platform is up to date) Is this normal? I dont remember if i updated all firmwares to oreo back, is there anywhere to check?
Clock widget? Moto's?
Vendor security patch out of date is normal. Last stock update was from 2019

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
Instructions on the wiki should work. Please make sure to be on Oreo firmware. And GApps version is arm64 10 nano/pico
I am on Lineage 15.1 so I assume I am on Oreo....would that be correct? And could you point me to the Wiki? I cant seem to find it! Thanks a bunch. At the moment , after awhile of booting on the new ROM, it just goes back to TWRP. Not adept at Motorola. Much different than years ago on Samsung.

JarlPenguin

Oct 16, 2018
jarlpenguin.github.io
I am on Lineage 15.1 so I assume I am on Oreo....would that be correct? And could you point me to the Wiki? I cant seem to find it! Thanks a bunch. At the moment , after awhile of booting on the new ROM, it just goes back to TWRP. Not adept at Motorola. Much different than years ago on Samsung.
If you came from stock Oreo firmware you have Oreo firmware. Firmware in this case means modem/dsp/fsg partition.
wiki is https://wiki.lineageos.org