• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

keisuke5

Feb 15, 2021
I am currently running the latest official build and everything is working perfectly. I just wanted to report this minor problem - Changing audio balance in accessiblity settings is not working since the first Official build

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
I am currently running the latest official build and everything is working perfectly. I just wanted to report this minor problem - Changing audio balance in accessiblity settings is not working since the first Official build

Hello, logs will be appreciated.
Each Build launched the system is getting better, but I wanted to make the Devs aware that at least with me a bug is happening during the call, when using the speaker mode the volume does not adjust.
Yes, that's a known problem since forever xD, and we haven't been able to fix it so far

Reactions: Dan Mornill

tid090989

Aug 4, 2011
dualshock 4 is not working in this ROM, connects and appears as a wireless control but does not work, does anyone know how to fix it? I'm in the latest version and everything works very well

tuxtm

Jan 6, 2009
Timisoara
Hello,

A few days ago I have installed the latest available nightly (it was the one released on 2021-02-15), coming from Lineage OS 17.1 ( by AsD Monio) because of the issue with video recording. Everything is working great, except the fact that after the device enters stand-by/sleep mode the network connections seem to drop (both wifi and mobile data). I don't now if the network connection drop right after the device enters stand-by/sleep mode, or it needs to pass a few minutes for this to occur. During the day I always keep both wifi and mobile data on, and pretty often, if someone sends me a message on Whatsapp, I don't receive the message until I wake up the phone. I have disabled the battery optimization for Whatsapp, and also I have set the Device Performance Profile to Performance, but the behavior described above still occurs.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I missed, or at least an work-around for this?

PS: 1) Yesterday I have installed the latest nightly (released on 2021-02-22) but the behavior is still present.
2)On the ROM released by AsD Monio this behavior did not occur.

Thank you!

The_Baztyx

May 1, 2013
chillan
in the last nightly (2021/02/22) the 3g / 4g mode no longer appears.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-105238_Configuración.png
    Screenshot_20210225-105238_Configuración.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Hello,

A few days ago I have installed the latest available nightly (it was the one released on 2021-02-15), coming from Lineage OS 17.1 ( by AsD Monio) because of the issue with video recording. Everything is working great, except the fact that after the device enters stand-by/sleep mode the network connections seem to drop (both wifi and mobile data). I don't now if the network connection drop right after the device enters stand-by/sleep mode, or it needs to pass a few minutes for this to occur. During the day I always keep both wifi and mobile data on, and pretty often, if someone sends me a message on Whatsapp, I don't receive the message until I wake up the phone. I have disabled the battery optimization for Whatsapp, and also I have set the Device Performance Profile to Performance, but the behavior described above still occurs.

Does anyone know if there is a setting that I missed, or at least an work-around for this?

PS: 1) Yesterday I have installed the latest nightly (released on 2021-02-22) but the behavior is still present.
2)On the ROM released by AsD Monio this behavior did not occur.

Thank you!

Hello, my testers couldn't reproduce this issue, so not sure what tell you.
in the last nightly (2021/02/22) the 3g / 4g mode no longer appears.
Intentional, use Global mode

Reactions: The_Baztyx

tuxtm

Jan 6, 2009
Timisoara
Hello, my testers couldn't reproduce this issue, so not sure what tell you.
As found on some other thread with a similar problem (I don't remember exactly for which phone it was), I have enabled the bluetooth tethering and I saw an improvement, the issue described above, still occurs.

Should I open an issue on the bug tracker, along with some logcat traces?

/LE I found another thing that seems to not work: USB connection (I try to connect the phone to a digital piano and after performing all the steps described in the manual, all the options from USB Preferences activity are disabled as if the there were no usb cable plugged in. I have managed to connect the digital piano with my wife's phone which is also a Moto G5S, but with a stock ROM, using the same USB cable)

Thank you

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
As found on some other thread with a similar problem (I don't remember exactly for which phone it was), I have enabled the bluetooth tethering and I saw an improvement, the issue described above, still occurs.

Should I open an issue on the bug tracker, along with some logcat traces?

/LE I found another thing that seems to not work: USB connection (I try to connect the phone to a digital piano and after performing all the steps described in the manual, all the options from USB Preferences activity are disabled as if the there were no usb cable plugged in. I have managed to connect the digital piano with my wife's phone which is also a Moto G5S, but with a stock ROM, using the same USB cable)

Thank you

Hi, a report on the bug tracker will be closed if it's unreproducible for us. As for the piano, are you trying to connect it via an OTG cable or directly using the microUSB to USB cable?

Last edited:

tuxtm

Jan 6, 2009
Timisoara
Hi JarlPenguin, thank you for your support!

Hi, a report on the big tracker will be closed if it's unreproducible for us.
I was thinking that some logcat traces might help, but I guess I will have to deal with this "limitation" ... or maybe some future build will not have this behavior on my device:)

As for the piano, are you trying to connect it via an OTG cable or directly using the microUSB to USB cable?
A OTG cable is involved in the connection (to be more exact I use a USB A/B cable which goes from the piano to a OTG-> micro USB cable that is connected to my Moto G5S). If there is no known bug with OTG cables/MIDI connection, a possible cause could be an imperfect connection between the OTG cables and my phone, even though I was able to connect to the pian using my wife's Moto G5s and the same cables, so don't spend to much time investigating this. I will use my laptop to connect to the piano :)

iChronox

Feb 29, 2016
Hello,

Been a while since I updated (still on November release), should I flash the most recent nighly or wait for a newer "stable" release ? thanks.

RCkiller

May 11, 2011
Lleida, ES
So I had put this phone away because of a broken screen, but now I got around to repairing it after at least 2 years. I flashed the latest TWRP and then this ROM (20210308) following all the instructions in the first page. It encrypted my phone and booted up nicely. Everything seems to work fine, except one thing, there is no camera app present. At first I thought maybe the camera is broken too and not recognised, but I used other apps to test it (e.g., Skype) and it works fine. Is this intentional and if so, which app should I use?

magio.dev

Apr 6, 2021
Hi guys, I'm the only one that occurred in a boot loop? I unlocked bootloader, flashed TWRP 3.4.0-1 and successfully installed the .zip. Boot loop... Moto G5S montana. Always have the same boot loop, no matter which OS version!

LineageOS version: 16.1 UNOFFICIAL / 17.1 OFFICIAL signed / 18.1 UNOFFICIAL
LineageOS Download url: Github, LineageOS, Github
Gapps version: No Gapps, do not want Google play services!

Did you--
wipe: Dalvik, Data, Cache, System, Vendor
restore with titanium backup: NO
reboot after having the issue: YES

Are you using--
a task killer: NO
a non-stock kernel: NO, just OEM unlocked
other modifications: TWRP 3.4.0-1 / 3.4.1 / 3.5.0

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.1 and newer) and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system, vendor, data, cache, and dalvik cache
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:
    • Official builds: Download
    • Recovery: Official TWRP
    • Google Apps: OpenGApps (nano package is advisable, but you definitely should avoid using stock/super packages)

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2020-11-19:
    Updated kernel based on Moto's Moto One (deen) QPKS30.54-12-23 tag and CAF's LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0 tag
    Updated Moto Actions UI
    Improved boot animation speed and smoothness
    Partially resolved perf HAL spam in logs

2020-11-15:
    Added support for montana_retcn (XT1799-2)
    Fixed a bug where the back flash wouldn't work properly when taking a photo using Snap
    Fixed a bug where loudspeakers would crackle on some VoIP calls
    Improved RIL stability
    Improved Wi-Fi stability
    Increased ZRAM to 1.33GB
    Updated kernel based on Moto's Moto One (deen) QPKS30.54-12-22 tag and CAF's LA.UM.8.6.r1-04700-89xx.0 tag
    Updated Moto Actions UI
    November security patch

2020-10-11:
    Added customizable vibration intensity in Settings > Accessibility
    New FM radio app
    Added support for factory reset protection (only partially effective)
    Fixed boot with SELinux: Enforcing on GSIs
    October security patch

2020-09-23:
    Minor improvements and under the hood changes (check technical changes for more details)

2020-09-20:
    Improved GPS stability
    Fixed an issue where there would be random UI lag

2020-09-17:
    Fixed an issue where you couldn't exit from offline charging mode

2020-09-16:
    Fixed offline charging

2020-09-15:
    Actually fixed random color inversion that could occur (Note: Color calibration in LiveDisplay is no longer available as a result of fixing the bug)
    Fixed bootloop when enabling secure startup
    Fixed manual network selection
    Fixed dual SIM menu not appearing - needs testing
    Mobile data settings now only displays 3 modes (LTE, 3G and 2G)
    September security patch

2020-09-11:
    Fixed random color inversion that could occur

2020-09-10:
    Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    Updated listen blobs to Q
    Added support for Color profiles (Settings > Display > Colors)
    Fixed an issue where you couldn't connect to certain Wi-Fi networks

2020-09-08:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    Hi all, in case you're wondering why there has been a lack of builds last month and this month, this is because we are awaiting official status, so if you could be understanding I'd appreciate it a lot!
    First official build is up at https://download.lineageos.org/montana. Clean flash will be required when switching (because Lineage signs their ROMs with their own keys).
    Thanks alot Jarl. official build is working way better than stock ever did.
    I just wish motorola would not have cheaped out on battery. My old sony have better SOT with similar capacity.
    @JarlPenguin you sir, are a one man army :cowboy:
    I know that and I have, my fingerprintsensor is working fine. I'm talking about that extra MotoActions, here using on Moto G5S with the Rom mentioned before - I attached some screenshots

Recent flashed this ROM, great experience!

About finger gesture, try this
    System -> Button -> Enable/Disable navigation bar on screen (the first one in top)

Buttons should be gone, and the finger print sensor should make the back, home, apps function again.
    (Block device from 2 tap is gone)

PS - Sorry for bad english