[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][10] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Everything is up and running on official now - thanks and congratulations to you Jarl-Penguin and others who helped, for this huge achievement of going official!

One quick question- it seems to me that at some time in the past I was able to disable the vibration that comes with the "chop chop" flashlight gesture, probably using this technique: https://xdaforums.com/t/disable-moto-gestures-vibration-without-root.3742543/ But now I can't figure out which package is responsible for that vibration - i tried com.motorola.moto and com.motorola.actions and they didn't seem to work - and neither did i find anything in the app inspector that looked likely. Is this still possible and if so, which package should it be applied to? Thanks again!

The package name for Moto Actions is org.lineageos.settings.device, hope that helps!

My mistake... still randomy working...
It worked perfectly after flashing, but didn't after a full charge.
Jarl any idea on this one ?
No, but we're looking into it. At the moment we don't have an estimated date for the fix.

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
With my XT1799-2, and coming off of Lineage 15.1, my phone boots to the new ROM, but only as far as the start up animation, and it just sits there like a continuous first boot up. 15.1 worked fine, minus the front camera problem that the XT1799-2 had. Any suggestions?

And which GApps package would I use? Tried arm64 8.1 nano and it wouldnt install with TWRP. Thanks.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
With my XT1799-2, and coming off of Lineage 15.1, my phone boots to the new ROM, but only as far as the start up animation, and it just sits there like a continuous first boot up. 15.1 worked fine, minus the front camera problem that the XT1799-2 had. Any suggestions?

And which GApps package would I use? Tried arm64 8.1 nano and it wouldnt install with TWRP. Thanks.
Instructions on the wiki should work. Please make sure to be on Oreo firmware. And GApps version is arm64 10 nano/pico

rpcll

Aug 14, 2014
Finally updated to Andorid 10 and everything i've tested so far works great. Thanks for your effort!
A couple things: Is the cLock widget gone for good? Would an .apk from 16.0 not work anymore?
My Security patch status in Privacy>Trust shows Vendor as "out of date" (platform is up to date) Is this normal? I dont remember if i updated all firmwares to oreo back, is there anywhere to check?

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Finally updated to Andorid 10 and everything i've tested so far works great. Thanks for your effort!
A couple things: Is the cLock widget gone for good? Would an .apk from 16.0 not work anymore?
My Security patch status in Privacy>Trust shows Vendor as "out of date" (platform is up to date) Is this normal? I dont remember if i updated all firmwares to oreo back, is there anywhere to check?
Clock widget? Moto's?
Vendor security patch out of date is normal. Last stock update was from 2019

rpcll

Aug 14, 2014
clock widget on lineage 16 had support for weather and calendar. new version is just a clock

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia
Instructions on the wiki should work. Please make sure to be on Oreo firmware. And GApps version is arm64 10 nano/pico

I am on Lineage 15.1 so I assume I am on Oreo....would that be correct? And could you point me to the Wiki? I cant seem to find it! Thanks a bunch. At the moment , after awhile of booting on the new ROM, it just goes back to TWRP. Not adept at Motorola. Much different than years ago on Samsung.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
I am on Lineage 15.1 so I assume I am on Oreo....would that be correct? And could you point me to the Wiki? I cant seem to find it! Thanks a bunch. At the moment , after awhile of booting on the new ROM, it just goes back to TWRP. Not adept at Motorola. Much different than years ago on Samsung.
If you came from stock Oreo firmware you have Oreo firmware. Firmware in this case means modem/dsp/fsg partition.
wiki is https://wiki.lineageos.org

iarapilot

Oct 21, 2008
Virginia

Oh, you should flash 8.1 first. If you want I can help with that

That would be very nice of you. I thought because I had 15.1 I had Oreo/8.1. The Motorolas are not user friendly....at least not like the Samsungs of years ago.

And imagine....I have a 2nd XT1799-2 that is bricked. It gives the Your device has been unlocked...blah blah and will only go to fast boot. Not recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.1 and newer) and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system, vendor, data, cache, and dalvik cache
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:
    • Official builds: Download
    • Recovery: Official TWRP
    • Google Apps: OpenGApps (nano package is advisable, but you definitely should avoid using stock/super packages)

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2020-11-19:
    Updated kernel based on Moto's Moto One (deen) QPKS30.54-12-23 tag and CAF's LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0 tag
    Updated Moto Actions UI
    Improved boot animation speed and smoothness
    Partially resolved perf HAL spam in logs

2020-11-15:
    Added support for montana_retcn (XT1799-2)
    Fixed a bug where the back flash wouldn't work properly when taking a photo using Snap
    Fixed a bug where loudspeakers would crackle on some VoIP calls
    Improved RIL stability
    Improved Wi-Fi stability
    Increased ZRAM to 1.33GB
    Updated kernel based on Moto's Moto One (deen) QPKS30.54-12-22 tag and CAF's LA.UM.8.6.r1-04700-89xx.0 tag
    Updated Moto Actions UI
    November security patch

2020-10-11:
    Added customizable vibration intensity in Settings > Accessibility
    New FM radio app
    Added support for factory reset protection (only partially effective)
    Fixed boot with SELinux: Enforcing on GSIs
    October security patch

2020-09-23:
    Minor improvements and under the hood changes (check technical changes for more details)

2020-09-20:
    Improved GPS stability
    Fixed an issue where there would be random UI lag

2020-09-17:
    Fixed an issue where you couldn't exit from offline charging mode

2020-09-16:
    Fixed offline charging

2020-09-15:
    Actually fixed random color inversion that could occur (Note: Color calibration in LiveDisplay is no longer available as a result of fixing the bug)
    Fixed bootloop when enabling secure startup
    Fixed manual network selection
    Fixed dual SIM menu not appearing - needs testing
    Mobile data settings now only displays 3 modes (LTE, 3G and 2G)
    September security patch

2020-09-11:
    Fixed random color inversion that could occur

2020-09-10:
    Fixed Wi-Fi Display
    Updated listen blobs to Q
    Added support for Color profiles (Settings > Display > Colors)
    Fixed an issue where you couldn't connect to certain Wi-Fi networks

2020-09-08:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    Hi all, in case you're wondering why there has been a lack of builds last month and this month, this is because we are awaiting official status, so if you could be understanding I'd appreciate it a lot!
    First official build is up at https://download.lineageos.org/montana. Clean flash will be required when switching (because Lineage signs their ROMs with their own keys).
    Thanks alot Jarl. official build is working way better than stock ever did.
    I just wish motorola would not have cheaped out on battery. My old sony have better SOT with similar capacity.
    @JarlPenguin you sir, are a one man army :cowboy:
    I know that and I have, my fingerprintsensor is working fine. I'm talking about that extra MotoActions, here using on Moto G5S with the Rom mentioned before - I attached some screenshots

Recent flashed this ROM, great experience!

About finger gesture, try this
    System -> Button -> Enable/Disable navigation bar on screen (the first one in top)

Buttons should be gone, and the finger print sensor should make the back, home, apps function again.
    (Block device from 2 tap is gone)

PS - Sorry for bad english