[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

mattdpollard

Sep 9, 2020
Hi, on moving from 17.1 to 18.1, following exactly the official instructions for upgrade, I had a similar issue to what is described above. Came to the PIN enter page and it would not accept the PIN. Eventually I had to reinstall from scratch.

This week I installed the weekly update on Monday using the Updater app in LOS 18.1 official. When the phone rebooted, it went to the screen to enter the PIN. It accepted my PIN and said it was starting android but then it went back into the boot animation again for a long time and eventually failed producing the message in the LOS recovery, "if this keeps happening you may need to wipe phone". Indeed it kept happening and I had to wipe the phone and manually install from scratch. I had a seedvault backup this time so restored from that during the "set up" process after the wipe and reinstall (but so much is left out of the Seedvault backup, it was a lot of work).

For future updates, is it safer to install them manually? Even if it is less convenient, I would probably go that route in future if it reduced the risk of a bootloop.

Many thanks!

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Hi, on moving from 17.1 to 18.1, following exactly the official instructions for upgrade, I had a similar issue to what is described above. Came to the PIN enter page and it would not accept the PIN. Eventually I had to reinstall from scratch.

This week I installed the weekly update on Monday using the Updater app in LOS 18.1 official. When the phone rebooted, it went to the screen to enter the PIN. It accepted my PIN and said it was starting android but then it went back into the boot animation again for a long time and eventually failed producing the message in the LOS recovery, "if this keeps happening you may need to wipe phone". Indeed it kept happening and I had to wipe the phone and manually install from scratch. I had a seedvault backup this time so restored from that during the "set up" process after the wipe and reinstall (but so much is left out of the Seedvault backup, it was a lot of work).

For future updates, is it safer to install them manually? Even if it is less convenient, I would probably go that route in future if it reduced the risk of a bootloop.

Many thanks!
The OTA app should work fine... strange that this happens. It would be helpful to attach logs if it happens next time.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7

Many thanks!
I've had our testing team test this - we could not reproduce the issue when we used LineageOS Recovery and MindtheGApps.

lucky767

Jun 7, 2021
Greetings from Russia! Need help about little trouble.After installin Lineage 18.1 (lineage-18.1-20210531-nightly-montana-signed.zip) i have rooted phone (xt1794) by Magisk app. Hide app from Google Servises and Google Pay. Installed safetynet fix and with hide props edited fingerprint into the Pixel2 on 11 android.
All works fine! But has little problem: infrequently phone reboot. Works in messenger or pay for by nfc.
Where i may looks logs of OS or another solutions?
Dalvik,Cache clean over TWRP, problem not solved.
Thanks!

Feb 26, 2021
hello,
I have downloaded today's update, but when i proceeded to install, i got the error in the recovery:
E:Error opening trace file: no such file or directory (2)
E:Failed to read /cache/recovery/block.map: No such file or directory

I did exactly the same thing as usual- downloaded the update and used LineageOS recovery to install.
Not sure whats wrong this time.
I did manage to restart and still using the phone as normal
Any advice?

Edit: i forgot to mention that i was doing that without connecting to PC, i was only using my phone and it was working great until today.

Last edited:

mattdpollard

Sep 9, 2020
hello,
I have downloaded today's update, but when i proceeded to install, i got the error in the recovery:
E:Error opening trace file: no such file or directory (2)

I did exactly the same thing as usual- downloaded the update and used LineageOS recovery to install.
Not sure whats wrong this time.
I did manage to restart and still using the phone as normal
Any advice?

Edit: i forgot to mention that i was doing that without connecting to PC, i was only using my phone and it was working great until today.
same here

Feb 26, 2021
hello,
OTA update not working for me again.
After downloading files, and beginning installation, i got the messages in recovery:

E:Error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)
E:Map of '@/cache/recovery/block.map' failed
E:failed to map file
E:Error exit from the fuse process: 1
Installation aborted.

OTA installation was working before, i used Lineage recovery on my phone, and system updater which downloaded 685MB package.
Any tips how to apply the update, and make OTA work again?
Many thanks in advance

Reactions: rakion99

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
hello,
After downloading files, and beginning installation, i got the messages in recovery:

Installation aborted.

OTA installation was working before, i used Lineage recovery on my phone, and system updater which downloaded 685MB package.
Many thanks in advance
I too have the same issue as of now, I'm also on Lineage OS recovery and get the exact same error...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
hello,

Installation aborted.

Many thanks in advance

I had to manually update recovery from fastboot and then had to download the update file and flash it from the updated recovery...

Reactions: quantum_espresso

jaysonwcs

Apr 21, 2020
Moto G5S
hello,

Installation aborted.

Many thanks in advance
Same here.

Did the update manually, through ADB sideload.
Now, everytime I start Android, I can't type the password completelly. The system interrupts me, shows the logo animation again and then asks the password again, and only then I can finish typing the password.

dkhei

Jan 15, 2018
Same here, sideloaded recovery and update for 21st. OTA failed today with these errors.
Same here.

Did the update manually, through ADB sideload.
Now, everytime I start Android, I can't type the password completelly. The system interrupts me, shows the logo animation again and then asks the password again, and only then I can finish typing the password.
You are coming from which rom? I installed over 17.1, my phone was pin locked, seens a bug on android 11 maybe, to backup data i used the MTP on TWRP.

jaysonwcs

Apr 21, 2020
Moto G5S
You are coming from which rom? I installed over 17.1, my phone was pin locked, seens a bug on android 11 maybe, to backup data i used the MTP on TWRP.
From Lineage OS 18.1. I had the 2021-07-21 version.
I did the update manually through the Lineage Recovery, using ADB sideload and it worked. It's only a convenience problem.

jaysonwcs

Apr 21, 2020
Moto G5S
hello,

Installation aborted.

Many thanks in advance
Same error AGAIN, trying to update to 5-7-2021 version.

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
Reactions: rakion99

rakion99

Mar 13, 2015
hello,

Installation aborted.

Many thanks in advance
Same error AGAIN, trying to update do 5-7-2021 version.
getting the same again here too trying to update via OTA from clean 20210628 version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • VoWiFi
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial 18.1 build.

2020-10-13:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    Next build will have improved boot speed.
    I've uploaded a build for LineageOS 18.1. Official status will be gained shortly after we've tested things on a wider variety of devices.
    Hi, normally I post here only when there is a problem. This time I wanted to post just to say everything has been working very smoothly for weeks and I really appreciate all the work that goes into making that happen!
    Thank you! Just curious, what was the core reason of the issue?
    It was a problem with the F2FS driver.