• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Everything is working normally now turns out that you have to install all the otas that appear after going to stock ROM to get baseband and imei back...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Try executing the same steps after flashing Nougat stock (excluding bootloader and gpt)
It returns with the same bad user as before, but either way the imei and baseband were restored on the stock ROM after I installed the ota updates...
Edit: However after the imei and baseband were back on the 8.1 ROM, I was unable to pick up any signal from any sim card I tried it recognized the sim and even displays the correct phone number but there is no signal whatsoever, what could be causing this, and is there any method or workaround for this behavior?

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
It returns with the same bad user as before, but either way the imei and baseband were restored on the stock ROM after I installed the ota updates...
Edit: However after the imei and baseband were back on the 8.1 ROM, I was unable to pick up any signal from any sim card I tried it recognized the sim and even displays the correct phone number but there is no signal whatsoever, what could be causing this, and is there any method or workaround for this behavior?
If the above commands don't work I don't know what to tell you. If VoLTE still doesn't work then it probably can't be fixed

Con89

Jul 27, 2021
Hi! I mean cellular phone carrier network (using the dialer) vs Internet based (Whatsapp, Duo etc). On the first ones toggling the volume while on wired earphones does nothing, on the second ones it works perfectly.

Ps: I've tried the linage stock dialer and the Google one from play store, same result.
Hi! Just wondering if my message helped detecting the issue

rpcll

Aug 14, 2014
Could someone do me a favor and test GPS positioning using the GPSTest app? Without any bt/wifi/cellular assist, just pure GPS.
For me it detects my position at about 30-40 meters straight south from my actual position. Could this be a bug or just expected accuracy?

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Could someone do me a favor and test GPS positioning using the GPSTest app? Without any bt/wifi/cellular assist, just pure GPS.
For me it detects my position at about 30-40 meters straight south from my actual position. Could this be a bug or just expected accuracy?
I don't have the same issue here, using offline Google Maps without anything you mentioned enabled.

rpcll

Aug 14, 2014
I don't have the same issue here, using offline Google Maps without anything you mentioned enabled.
Google Maps, Satstat and GPSTest all put the pin about 20-30m south of my actual position. I'll try some more in other locations next week.
I'm also using microg (all location providers turned off), which might also be a cause of the problem, so I hope some more people could give it a try.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 16, 2018
Earth
github.com
Moto G5S
Moto G7
Google Maps, Satstat and GPSTest all put the pin about 20-30m south of my actual position. I'll try some more in other locations next week.
I'm also using microg (all location providers turned off), which might also be a cause of the problem, so I hope some more people could give it a try.
Ah, well technically microG isn't supported by LineageOS, so that could affect it.

KostasVaf

Aug 11, 2018
Hey guys!
Anyone having trouble with gps tracking speed (maybe also position accuracy as said above but I havent tested it)? It takes too much time to find my location. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I'm on July 5th update.
Thanks!

Con89

Jul 27, 2021
Hi again, I add something more to check up.

Since installing the ROM I've noticed that whenever I'm arround big speakers they make a crackling noise. This is the normal crackling noise that speakers make when near a cellphone. But the thing is that didn't use to happen with stock rom. (At work I tend to be on a room with big speakers, and I had never had this issue while on stock, so it's definitley an issue with the linage at least on my phone).

Just to be clear, this is not a complaint, just my way to contribute to get this rom to be better! :)

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
HI, I'm not sure if your problem is fixed or not but a year back somebody faced similar issue and switched from Retin to Retail or Retail to Retin.
If you are still facing issue, try to flash modem from other variant.

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
HI, I'm not sure if your problem is fixed or not but a year back somebody faced similar issue and switched from Retin to Retail or Retail to Retin.
If you are still facing issue, try to flash modem from other variant.
I'm on retin, I didn't try retbr or retla because they wouldn't support my carrier,but either way I'm now on los 18.1 except for VoLTE on my device everything else is fine...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the advice of OP and my own research, I can finally recover IMEI for my montana. I write the steps I took. Since OP knows everything about montana and related phones, his explanation is kind of difficult for newbies like me. So I offer description that could be understood by anyone. The essence for this operation is to do 'persist fix', that is not clear for newbies. For detailed explanation about persist fix, refer to the article in other thread that is targeted to 'potter'. For short, you should change ownership for the folders (and their contents) of /persist/rfs and /persist/hlos_rfs. Please keep in mind that this ownership change operation only be done under Nougat stock ROM. So, our 1st step is to install Nougat to your phone.
    (1) Download Nougat stock ROM.
    Whatever software channel is for your phone, find Nougat stock is not easy. Try find the Nougat stock for RETAIL.
    (2) Install Nougat to your phone
    Install with fastboot is quite straitforward. I was advised by OP to avoid flash bootloader and gpt. I do not know the reason, but I did it accordingly. You might be disappointed when you boot RETAIL Nougat stock. The baseband shows 'unknown'. Of course, you cannot see IMEI. But relax, these are not essential at this stage.
    (3) Install TWRP
    No need to explain here I guess.
    (4) Install Magisk
    Under TWRP you can install Magisk to your Nougat stock ROM.
    (5) Reboot to your Nougat ROM
    You should see Magisk logo in your Nougat. Then enable developer options and enable ADB debugging.
    (6) Connect your phone to PC
    You connect your phone to PC via adb. adb devices should show your phone is connected as device. Then type su. With the aid of Magisk you can get root privilege. Then do
    ls -l /persist
    you should show various files. If not, check the steps. Still you do not see anything, no help could be possible, sorry.
    After this follow 'persist fix' operation (change the ownership).
    (7) Reboot to bootloader
    You can do:
    fastboot erase modemst1
    fastboot erase modemst2
    I do not know if these operations are really needed or not. Just do it to keep everything for sure. Then, reboot to the system. You might be disappointed again because you cannot see IMEI. This is because baseband is unknown, do not worry, go ahead.
    (8) Install the latest Oleo ROM
    Go into your latest Stock ROM. Now you should see correct baseband, and IMEI! Yes it is back.

I hope this description works for you. Thank you for your reading.
    Install with fastboot is quite straitforward. I was advised by OP to avoid flash bootloader and gpt.
    You shouldn't flash bootloader and gpt because it'll try to downgrade the bootloader and partition table which will result in a hard brick that can only be fixed with a working blankflash.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE/VoWiFi
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial 18.1 build.

2020-10-13:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    I've uploaded a build for LineageOS 18.1. Official status will be gained shortly after we've tested things on a wider variety of devices.
    Thank you! Just curious, what was the core reason of the issue?
    It was a problem with the F2FS driver.
    I'm not rushing him for updates, just a question to mention that someone still with some interest on his ROM
    I will continue with this project, but only after the 18.1 source is fully ready.
    Hi, OTA update worked great today, thanks Jarlpenguin!