[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
I'm kind of afraid of messing up the upgrade from 17.1 to 18.1 and losing data.
So if i do a TWRP backup now, then switch to lineageos recovery and flash the 18.1 zip and sth goes wrong, how do I go back? can i reflash the old twrp and restore my backup?
You can, but there is no guarantee that the data restore will go as intended, I recommend backing up important apps separately using Seedvault or another app like Migrate.

Reactions: rpcll

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Nothing as in I cant access the partition or nothing as in the recovery doesn't handle the encryption at all and im fine?
Sorry for asking so much just trying not to make any mistakes
You can't access the partition in recovery mode. The upgrade process itself doesn't touch the /data partition aside from the first boot.

mattdpollard

Sep 9, 2020
Sounds good. I'll wait for the next release and then do the upgrade. Thanks
I don't recall the details, but I think it was when I first switched from 17.1 lineage with TWRP, to 18.1 with Lineage recovery, that the phone would restart to the PIN entry screen but would not accept my PIN. In the end after trying various workarounds found online, I had to wipe the phone and start from zero. I seem to recall others having a similar issue, maybe discussed earlier in this thread. So definitely back up as much as you can preferably manually to be sure (seedvault unfortunately excludes a lot for me at least), and I think somewhere I saw someone suggest removing the PIN and fingerprint lock before you do the upgrade, but then someone earlier in this chain seems to say they had the same issue even having done that.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
I don't recall the details, but I think it was when I first switched from 17.1 lineage with TWRP, to 18.1 with Lineage recovery, that the phone would restart to the PIN entry screen but would not accept my PIN. In the end after trying various workarounds found online, I had to wipe the phone and start from zero. I seem to recall others having a similar issue, maybe discussed earlier in this thread. So definitely back up as much as you can preferably manually to be sure (seedvault unfortunately excludes a lot for me at least), and I think somewhere I saw someone suggest removing the PIN and fingerprint lock before you do the upgrade, but then someone earlier in this chain seems to say they had the same issue even having done that.
That issue was fixed in a recent build, so it shouldn't happen anymore (at least according to the user who was affected, it was fixed)

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
I don't think vi supports VoLTE because it always switches to 3G during calls even with the option enabled but calls in jio work, this is an indication that VoLTE is fine in this rom because jio calls won't work without VoLTE...

You are mistaken then, Vi supports VoLte!! It works fine with other devices.
So I think some problem with rom's carrier configuration.
Btw you are advertising a bug as feature :unsure:

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Sorry about advertising a bug as a feature...
It might be true that there's a problem with the roms carrier config, also, I didn't know that Vi supports VoLTE because I never saw 4G during calls on the roms I used, i.e,stock rom, pixel experience pie and now lineage os 18, I'll try and see if I can get VoLTE working on another device...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
You are right, VoLTE is broken in this rom, I tried vi on another device, and VoLTE worked without problems, and also, jio calls don't work at all, when I tested jio I put it in the second slot and the call ended up going through vi, after testing with jio as the only son in slot 1, I can also confirm that VoLTE is broken in this rom, and as confirmation, the ims status in * # * # 4636 # * # * says that ims is unregistered and VoLTE along with other things is unavailable...

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
16273021925707237474309807711824.jpg

@JarlPenguin please try figuring out what might be causing ims to be unregistered, also, the VoLTE option does appear in settings along with wifi calling and carrier video calling,but enabling them doesn't do anything...

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
View attachment 5370971
@JarlPenguin please try figuring out what might be causing ims to be unregistered, also, the VoLTE option does appear in settings along with wifi calling and carrier video calling,but enabling them doesn't do anything...
I don't have the issue here, so it's an issue on your end. Your carrier might not support VoLTE on montana, or your EFS/persist could be partially messed up. At any rate I can't do anything about it.

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
I don't have the issue here, so it's an issue on your end. Your carrier might not support VoLTE on montana, or your EFS/persist could be partially messed up. At any rate I can't do anything about it.
Is there something that can be done to the efs or persist partition that would possibly fix this behaviour?
And also I tried different carriers and all of them were the same...
Edit: I never touched the efs partition myself, all I do for installing custom roms is to wipe the system, cache and data partition, so, I'm not quite sure what to do now, is there anything you could suggest that would possibly fix this issue...

Last edited:

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Is there something that can be done to the efs or persist partition that would possibly fix this behaviour?
And also I tried different carriers and all of them were the same...
Edit: I never touched the efs partition myself, all I do for installing custom roms is to wipe the system, cache and data partition, so, I'm not quite sure what to do now, is there anything you could suggest that would possibly fix this issue...
I'd suggest going back to stock and seeing if it works there. If it does, backup the persist/EFS partition, reinstall LineageOS and restore the persist & EFS backup.

rfmalta

Nov 1, 2011
so I just switched to lineage from stock and I'm very happy with the rom, very clean and fast. I had problems passing safetynet with magiskhide props so I'd like to recommend an alternative called PixelFeatureDrops its easier cause it requires no terminal and now my phone passes safetynet. and by the way, ota updates did not work.

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
How do I go back to the stock rom?
There are no qfil based stock roms for this device...
Most of the stock roms for this device are flashed from fastboot...
You should flash it via fastboot, how else would you do it?
so I just switched to lineage from stock and I'm very happy with the rom, very clean and fast. I had problems passing safetynet with magiskhide props so I'd like to recommend an alternative called PixelFeatureDrops its easier cause it requires no terminal and now my phone passes safetynet. and by the way, ota updates did not work.
Please check post #111 regarding OTA updates.

Reactions: rfmalta

Con89

Jul 27, 2021
First of all, awsome work. Thanks for all of this.
I see though unofficial this is a good place to "report" a bug or at least do a heads-up.
I have an XT1794 latest montana linage build from today.
If I plug analogic earphones I can't controll the volume during a network call.
Volume is controlable in any other circumstance (Bluetooth earphones, or IP calls on analog earphones).

Is there anything I can provide you to help tackle this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2024-04-06_16-41.png

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:8667049feb2a3e17627d86457c1c4069956055f6&xt=urn:btmh:12202bc096ee9de470efbed81d66911b5759b401bd082f1bd59a22d4c7347710fdd4&dn=montana&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969%2Fannounce

Can you give me a hint how-to revert the non-bootable LineageOS to stock ROM?
    if you have windows then use this app

if you have linux then there is this file "MONTANA...".zip on google drive link I sent up there,
    to flash it you need to unzip, install "google-android-platform-tools-installer" or "android-tools"
    and then flash it with this file on attachment
    open folder where "flash.sh" file is with "open in terminal"
    and type ./flash.sh then wait until it's done.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • VoWiFi
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial 18.1 build.

2020-10-13:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    Next build will have improved boot speed.
    I've uploaded a build for LineageOS 18.1. Official status will be gained shortly after we've tested things on a wider variety of devices.
    Hi, normally I post here only when there is a problem. This time I wanted to post just to say everything has been working very smoothly for weeks and I really appreciate all the work that goes into making that happen!
    Thank you! Just curious, what was the core reason of the issue?
    It was a problem with the F2FS driver.