[ROM][OFFICIAL][montana][11] LineageOS 18.1

Search This thread

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Screenshot_20210928-152603_Trebuchet.png

Set the location to allow all the time otherwise you will have issues with incoming and also, keep your mobile data and location always enabled to make and receive calls...

Reactions: Yoge2515

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
An important notice for jio users,
If the rom you use doesn't currently support VoLTE, then download this app to make and receive calls
And set it up, then you will be able to make calls without native VoLTE support, but a few things are to be kept in mind to use this app without issues,
1. Your mobile data must babe enabled all the time, because the app services only work with jio mobile data for now, so, connecting to a wifi network might prevent you from getting any calls
2. You have to keep location enabled at all times, I don't know why but calls won't work without location being on, and also, if you use android 10 or Android 11 you have to manually change the app location access from 'Only while using the app' to 'Allow all the time' otherwise incoming won't work unless the app itself is open
3. Don't worry if you run out of mobile data, this app can work normally even if your data has been exhausted, as long as your mobile data is on regardless of the remaining data
4. Calling from this app won't use your data, so, don't worry about it, this app needs data only to maintain a connection with the jio servers, that's all, and that's the reason calls will still work, because the 5-10kbps speed after exhaustion of your data is good enough for the app to be connected to the jio servers...
Edit: You must never enable battery saver otherwise calls won't come in...

Yoge2515

Sep 27, 2021
Bug report.

Sometimes chrome get closed while opening. Home page is shown and closed. No error report pop-up.

I have installed open gapps.
Have updated os of 27-09-2021

Yoge2515

Sep 27, 2021
An important notice for jio users,
If the rom you use doesn't currently support VoLTE, then download this app to make and receive calls
And set it up, then you will be able to make calls without native VoLTE support, but a few things are to be kept in mind to use this app without issues,
1. Your mobile data must babe enabled all the time, because the app services only work with jio mobile data for now, so, connecting to a wifi network might prevent you from getting any calls
2. You have to keep location enabled at all times, I don't know why but calls won't work without location being on, and also, if you use android 10 or Android 11 you have to manually change the app location access from 'Only while using the app' to 'Allow all the time' otherwise incoming won't work unless the app itself is open
3. Don't worry if you run out of mobile data, this app can work normally even if your data has been exhausted, as long as your mobile data is on regardless of the remaining data
4. Calling from this app won't use your data, so, don't worry about it, this app needs data only to maintain a connection with the jio servers, that's all, and that's the reason calls will still work, because the 5-10kbps speed after exhaustion of your data is good enough for the app to be connected to the jio servers...
Edit: You must never enable battery saver otherwise calls won't come in...
Got any permanent solution...?? Coz when connected to wifi it goes offline. And I don't want to go back to stock.

Hausemaster

Dec 2, 2020
Nokia 1
Got any permanent solution...?? Coz when connected to wifi it goes offline. And I don't want to go back to stock.
Nope, no other solution, and I did mention beforehand that calls won't work when connected to a WiFi network, if you really want to use calls while connected to WiFi, then you must be connected to a JioFi network, so, yeah, stick to data for now

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2021
i hope @jarpeguin you are doing okay and please take your time to develop a stable version of it trust me it will be worth it patiently waiting for it!!

JarlPenguin

Recognized Developer
Hi
I install the rom yesterday and found a bug, or I miss a setting.
I cant lock the phone via fingerprint, only unlock is possible.
That is intentional. There is no way to support both locking and unlocking via long pressing on the fingerprint sensor, because while the screen is on long press is already tied to launching the Google Assistant.

Paradoxxx

Aug 14, 2008
Krakow
Just got that phone gifted and could be a nice temporary device. Tried to sideload the latest nightly, respectively "lineage-18.1-20211115-nightly-montana-signed", then sideload "MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm-20210920_083829" and could not get it to boot. I also tried with sideloading "MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210920_084011" instead (no idea if that device is arm or arm64) but still did not boot. Just stays on the bootanimation.

Seems like just flashing the ROM itself does not boot either, pretty confused.

Device is Montana XT1793, is there some pre-requisite for some bootloader partition version or something ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, recovery image and GApps (if you need them)
    • Flash the downloaded recovery image via fastboot
    • Boot to recovery
    • Format system and perform a factory reset
    • Reboot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash GApps and any other necessary add-ons

What's working:
    • WiFi
    • Camera and Camcorder
    • Bluetooth
    • NFC
    • Fingerprint - Oreo firmware required
    • GPS
    • OTG
    • Video Playback
    • Audio
    • RIL
    • VoLTE
    • USB tethering/audio
    • SELinux: Enforcing

Known issues:
    • VoWiFi
    • You tell me

Downloads:

Reporting Bugs
    • All bugs should be reported here: Issue Tracker
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
    restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

Thanks to:
    @GivFNZ for testing my builds
    @wiktorek140, @karthick mostwanted, @wh0dat, @KalilDev, @AsD Monio, @GoldeneyeS2, @Steve Mathew Joy and @rajatgupta1998 for their hard work on our device sources
    LineageOS team

Changelogs:

Code:
    2021-04-08:
    Initial 18.1 build.

2020-10-13:
    Initial release.

Source code:
    Next build will have improved boot speed.
    I've uploaded a build for LineageOS 18.1. Official status will be gained shortly after we've tested things on a wider variety of devices.
    Hi, normally I post here only when there is a problem. This time I wanted to post just to say everything has been working very smoothly for weeks and I really appreciate all the work that goes into making that happen!
    Thank you! Just curious, what was the core reason of the issue?
    It was a problem with the F2FS driver.