[ROM][OFFICIAL][ms013g][9] LineageOS 16.0

Search This thread

S4uL

Oct 28, 2018
Hello mr..
I want to ask again..
- can i flash microG for this rom?
- does this rom passed signature spoofing requirement for microG?

AarthurFrancis

Jun 21, 2019
Kollam
Some help on installing this rom please?

Hey guys so this is my First time trying to installing a custom ROM as I have never done it before.
I could really use with some help like which root app to use and all or maybe a video link explaining the steps.
Thats all I ask for and also thanks in Advance :)

Persian Warrior

Aug 1, 2011
Hello.
Unfortunately, the last version of the ROM, that is, 2020-09-26, will not be installed and gives error 7! This is while I am using version 3.2.1 of TWRP recovery.
After the update to version 2020-09-19, Bluetooth also has a Force Close problem and constantly gives errors!

S4uL

Oct 28, 2018
Hey guys so this is my First time trying to installing a custom ROM as I have never done it before.
I could really use with some help like which root app to use and all or maybe a video link explaining the steps.
Thats all I ask for and also thanks in Advance :)

My english is not too good, but maybe i can help you alittle.
First of all, you must download all the file first.
- twrp.tar
- twrp 3.2.3.zip
- gapps 9.0.zip (if needed)
- ROM xxx.zip
- last stable "magisk v20.4.zip" (if needed)
And copy all the files to your memory card.

Step :
1. Your phone must be grand 2 duos smg7102 & have the latest firmware updated.

2. Download twrp from this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-grand-2/development/twrp-galaxy-grand-2-sm-g7102-t3778414
- Flash the odin flashable.tar first (this only for whom never changing the stock recovery mode). And flash it via pc using odin software (youtube, how to flash ....). After done this flashing and then,
- Flash the twrp 3.2.3 (you must use this version to avoid some error). Just flash this version via recovery mode (youtube, how to boot into recovery mode grand 2).

3. And flash the ROM, flash it via twrp (youtube, how to ....)

4. Flash Gapps 9.0 (IF NEEDED), flash it via twrp.

5. For Rooting your phone (IF NEEDED). Flash magisk, latest stable version via twrp.

6. REBOOT your phone & DONE.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Eh im forget some step.
After step 2 before go to step 3.
Or you can call it as step 3
3. Wipe all your data, wipe it from twrp. You can give check mark to all wipedalvik/cache, data, internal, system, etc. BUT DONT GIVE CHECK MARK FOR YOUR MEMORY CARD.
This step will erase everything, so do backup first before wipe all. Just in chase.

4. And flash the ROM, flash it via ......................

Elson Simões

Oct 2, 2020
No Sound on SIM 1 and SIM 2

Hello Guys

I'm Kind of new on these flashing things, but for my first flash i did pretty well.

First of all, on the first day's it worked very well pretty fast and light on the phone resources, but few days back started giving problems on SIM 1, no sound on call, u call cant hear and u receive cant hear to, but recently the same problem started on both SIM's, cant hear on both, but the curious part is that calls on Facebook messenger and whatsapp work normally, is just the normal call on dial app that don't work.

I did a factory reset and nothing happens and the problem persist i also tried to flash the last build from scratch and problem persist, i think if the problem was hardware, messenger and whatsapp will not work too but they work, now I'm trying to flash the stock rom and the first i downloaded give error "not valid zip file" or something like that, to see if can solve my problem and wait for this problem can be fixed in the next builds, if someone can help me get the stock 4.4 so that i can see if calls work again will be much of a help.

I read the past messages and i see people with the same problem, and i can tell this, is not band problem, i think is software related, and i open to try other solutions if you guys can help me

Thanks in advance, and sorry if my english is terrible :D:D:D

Lucas_Gazula

Oct 8, 2020
a$$ kernel is a nougat kernel and it won't boot on pie, just use the stock kernel and please do read the initial thread as I mentioned there not to use any custom kernel and report bugs. Kindly follow it next time
Um, how do you use the 'stock' kernel? I'm a beginner, and I'm using 7.1.2 AOKP ROM. I don't know what 'kernel' I'm using but I think it's A$$. Please help :)

djchittoor

Mar 31, 2020
Trivandrum
Hello mr..
I want to ask again..
- can i flash microG for this rom?
- does this rom passed signature spoofing requirement for microG?

Hi,
I microG requires some external patches in the sources which is not possible to be added in OFFICIAL or mainline builds but there is another aftermarket variant of LineageOS that offers this they use the official LineageOS trees and compile in source with the patches applied .. let me tell you , this is not OFFICIAL or part of LOS in any way AFAIK
https://lineage.microg.org/
here is the link to the site

djchittoor

Mar 31, 2020
Trivandrum
Hello.
Unfortunately, the last version of the ROM, that is, 2020-09-26, will not be installed and gives error 7! This is while I am using version 3.2.1 of TWRP recovery.
After the update to version 2020-09-19, Bluetooth also has a Force Close problem and constantly gives errors!

Those Bluetooth problems are caused by the firmware .. I assume it happens to some who are on the latest firmware can you try rolling back a version back or try ones from different region

djchittoor

Mar 31, 2020
Trivandrum
My english is not too good, but maybe i can help you alittle.
First of all, you must download all the file first.
- twrp.tar
- twrp 3.2.3.zip
- gapps 9.0.zip (if needed)
- ROM xxx.zip
- last stable "magisk v20.4.zip" (if needed)
And copy all the files to your memory card.

Step :
1. Your phone must be grand 2 duos smg7102 & have the latest firmware updated.

2. Download twrp from this link https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-grand-2/development/twrp-galaxy-grand-2-sm-g7102-t3778414
- Flash the odin flashable.tar first (this only for whom never changing the stock recovery mode). And flash it via pc using odin software (youtube, how to flash ....). After done this flashing and then,
- Flash the twrp 3.2.3 (you must use this version to avoid some error). Just flash this version via recovery mode (youtube, how to boot into recovery mode grand 2).

3. And flash the ROM, flash it via twrp (youtube, how to ....)

4. Flash Gapps 9.0 (IF NEEDED), flash it via twrp.

5. For Rooting your phone (IF NEEDED). Flash magisk, latest stable version via twrp.

6. REBOOT your phone & DONE.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Eh im forget some step.
After step 2 before go to step 3.
Or you can call it as step 3
3. Wipe all your data, wipe it from twrp. You can give check mark to all wipedalvik/cache, data, internal, system, etc. BUT DONT GIVE CHECK MARK FOR YOUR MEMORY CARD.
This step will erase everything, so do backup first before wipe all. Just in chase.

4. And flash the ROM, flash it via ......................

Hi,

I thank you for helping out the thread issue... Have a nice day

djchittoor

Mar 31, 2020
Trivandrum
Hello Guys

I'm Kind of new on these flashing things, but for my first flash i did pretty well.

First of all, on the first day's it worked very well pretty fast and light on the phone resources, but few days back started giving problems on SIM 1, no sound on call, u call cant hear and u receive cant hear to, but recently the same problem started on both SIM's, cant hear on both, but the curious part is that calls on Facebook messenger and whatsapp work normally, is just the normal call on dial app that don't work.

I did a factory reset and nothing happens and the problem persist i also tried to flash the last build from scratch and problem persist, i think if the problem was hardware, messenger and whatsapp will not work too but they work, now I'm trying to flash the stock rom and the first i downloaded give error "not valid zip file" or something like that, to see if can solve my problem and wait for this problem can be fixed in the next builds, if someone can help me get the stock 4.4 so that i can see if calls work again will be much of a help.

I read the past messages and i see people with the same problem, and i can tell this, is not band problem, i think is software related, and i open to try other solutions if you guys can help me

Hi,

I haven't seen a problem similar to yours .. Unfortunately IDK why this is happening maybe you can try flashing the latest stock ROM https://updato.com/download-samsung-galaxy-grand-2-firmware/sm-g7102/ here are links to the firmware you need download one for your region and then use ODIN to flash the firmware files there are many guides on YT as well as here on XDA
on how to flash Samsung stock ROM... Have a nice day

alirezahabiz

Nov 28, 2019
Hello Guys

You Should USE 3G Network On sim 1 And Set 2G in Sim 2 . Setup Network Sim 2 in GSM And Sim 1 On VCDMA , Your Data SHLULD BE ON SIM 1 . OK ? :)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Come On FIx Mic On Sim 2 ;)

Reactions: alhelal

Elson Simões

Oct 2, 2020
You Should USE 3G Network On sim 1 And Set 2G in Sim 2 . Setup Network Sim 2 in GSM And Sim 1 On VCDMA , Your Data SHLULD BE ON SIM 1 . OK ? :)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Come On FIx Mic On Sim 2 ;)

Thank you so much friend, worked with SIM 1 but SIM 2 still same, no sound on calls at all, but is something in advance. I still searching for other tips to make this work, i always feel that is not something complicated just dont know what to solve it, if you have other tip that maybe can fix SIM 2 all will be all ears and eyes.

This rom is really good, its hard to give up on it.

Thank you so much. :good::good::good:

Last edited:

Vihan soni

Oct 31, 2020
F.M. is not working and boot animation doesn't appear when I BOOT MY DEVICE

F.M. is not working and boot animation doesn't appear when I BOOT MY DEVICE

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build and GApps
    • Boot to recovery
    • Flash the latest build
    • Boot to recovery again
    • Flash GApps
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    Reporting Bugs
    • DO NOT Report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed
    • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
    What is your--
    LineageOS version:
    LineageOS Download URL:
    GApps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

XDA thread information
    LineageOS 16.0 for ms013g, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2

Contributors
    djchittoor
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-06-24
    my phone got inti bootloop
    Hi,

Did you clean flash the ROM? and just to let you know these builds are for SM-G7102 that is ms013g only, as of now we are not supporting any LTE variants of Grand 2
    No Bug! :D
    Facing just one problem. When I Switch on the phone No Boot Animation Shows. Anyone facing same problem? :(
    But Finally It's Official LOS for Grand 2. :good:

Hi, so I have heard of this problem and its seems that guys with unofficial screens or panels are facing this, as of now there is no fix to it and I believe it has to do with the kernel-side as we are using a common kernel configured to work with the other MSM8226-Samsung family devices and I will try to fix ASAP so you guys can have the full experience:eek::eek:
    I am running this ROM for a couple days and everything works except every couple minutes it freezes and I have to restart my phone, is there a fix for that?

Hey,

Thanks for installing the ROM, AFAIK there isn't such a bug experienced by me or any other user. Can you try pulling me a log and upload it to a Pastebin the next time it happens
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone