• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1 Harpia

Search This thread

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Started testing it. My pet bug hasn't been fixed. It also must just be a bug on the changelog page as to how many changes are listed below 20210813.

Suyashbansal

Oct 16, 2012
New Delhi
Moto G4 Play
OnePlus 6
I recently updated to the 10-Sep build - it has fixed some of the minor glitches I experienced. I see many non-MSM8916 changes in the upcoming build but not sure if they'll fix/add anything major.

Overall, I'm really happy with the overall software experience! Awesome work by developers supporting our devices. 😉

Juarocks

Mar 23, 2019
I can't get this to work. It's stuck in a bootloop.
Already tried formatting data, using TWRP and lineage recoveries and reflashing stock, however there seems to be something wrong with the /data partition, something to do with encryption.
Lineage Recovery gave me a "Cannot load Android system. Your data may be corrupt. " message.
There was also a Rescue Party trigger.

XT1603 DTV

Last edited:

quho

May 2, 2020
I have a harpia as a backup phone. It works fine, but the battery life is bad. I'm not sure why. Even when I don't do anything on it, it's drained in about 2 days. It's a clean installation. No gapps. It's basically just for texts and phone calls. My memory might be fuzzy, but I think it lasted much longer when it was on LOS 14.1, maybe a whole week.

I thought the battery was bad, so I bought a "new" one (manufactured in 2018/11). That didn't help. I suspected it was bad too and wanted to return it, but I measured the actual capacity and it is good (about 2700mAh at 0.1C discharge rate). I measured also the old battery and it's good too (about 2600mAh). It used to be charged only to 80% for its whole life..

Any pointers how to debug this?

tcecyk

Apr 16, 2021
HTC One S
Moto E 2015

quho

May 2, 2020
Thank you for the suggestions! That bug report explains my problem perfectly. My harpia is an XT 1604, but some time ago it actually replaced an XT 1602, which stopped responding to touch. I didn't see the connection.

I tried the battery historian:
historian.png

If I understand it correctly, the CPU is not entering a sleep mode for some reason. It looks like a kernel issue? The most common userspace wakelock was RADIO : *telephony-radio*, but the total duration was only 28s in 2 hours. It was tested in the airplane mode, no wifi connection.

Reactions: shutdown-h_now

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
@jeferson1979 , no luck for him. His phone is an XT1600, which is one of the dual SIM models. He tried a dirty flash, but it made no difference.
What APN settings work for you with Vivo?

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
@jeferson1979 , no luck for him. His phone is an XT1600, which is one of the dual SIM models. He tried a dirty flash, but it made no difference.
What APN settings work for you with Vivo?
I'm going to make a full debug work this week over the issue. People may consider show the setup used (gapps package, any sort of mod, logs) when opening one issue.

If I'm not able to reproduce this by myself and issues continuing to appear, I might consider deprecating this device as unfixable.

tcecyk

Apr 16, 2021
HTC One S
Moto E 2015
didn't experienced mobile data problems with 17.1 on 5 (!) different XT1602, used with Vodafone/Telefónica carriers in EU/Germany. They never saw an older Lineage version though and were flashed from the last official 7.1.1 stock.

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
Hello how are you, I had a problem with my motorola g4 play after installing, lineage-17.1-20211126-nightly-harpia-signed.zip, open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211125, twrp-3.5.2_9-0-harpia.
Whatapp:
* When I'm going to open a WhatsApp photo and it won't let me open the camera.
System
* It won't let me open the cell phone's own camera since it tells me that it doesn't detect my sd, and I have tried several sd's and it doesn't detect it, but I can save it on the sd and see what it has. Only when I connect to my pc it doesn't show me the internal memory storage.
If I can solve the whatapp it would be very helpful. Thank you
Is there a problem or something that prevents you from seeing what is in the internal memory?

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Hello how are you, I had a problem with my motorola g4 play after installing, lineage-17.1-20211126-nightly-harpia-signed.zip, open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211125, twrp-3.5.2_9-0-harpia.
Whatapp:
* When I'm going to open a WhatsApp photo and it won't let me open the camera.
System
* It won't let me open the cell phone's own camera since it tells me that it doesn't detect my sd, and I have tried several sd's and it doesn't detect it, but I can save it on the sd and see what it has. Only when I connect to my pc it doesn't show me the internal memory storage.
If I can solve the whatapp it would be very helpful. Thank you
Is there a problem or something that prevents you from seeing what is in the internal memory?
This probably isn't Moto G4 Play specific. Make sure when you are connected to the PC that you have the USB Preferences set to File Transfer. You should see it appear in the pull down menu in your notifications (or search your settings for USB Preferences).

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
This probably isn't Moto G4 Play specific. Make sure when you are connected to the PC that you have the USB Preferences set to File Transfer. You should see it appear in the pull down menu in your notifications (or search your settings for USB Preferences).
Thank you very much for your answer, I have active file transfer, and I show you in the image. What I have in mind is to use motorola device manager and put the stock rom back in and see if I'm lucky. And I think that is why it may be that he does not let me receive whatsapp images
motorola.jpg

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
Thank you very much for your answer, I have active file transfer, and I show you in the image. What I have in mind is to use motorola device manager and put the stock rom back in and see if I'm lucky. And I think that is why it may be that he does not let me receive whatsapp imagesView attachment 5470077
Well guys I have been able to fix the problem, I have used motorola device manage I have installed the stock rom and I managed to obtain the data from the internal memory when I connect it by USB through the pc, I tested with telegram and it works correctly, now I am going to install the rom of this thread but first I have to install the corresponding twrp, I will have them informed XD
Motorola2.png

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
Well guys I have been able to fix the problem, I have used motorola device manage I have installed the stock rom and I managed to obtain the data from the internal memory when I connect it by USB through the pc, I tested with telegram and it works correctly, now I am going to install the rom of this thread but first I have to install the corresponding twrp, I will have them informed XDView attachment 5470129
I have good news, you can solve the problems, my steps:
1 - Install twrp 3.6.0.0, via fastboot
2 - Install lineage-17.1-20211126-nightly-harpia-signed.zip, doing a clean install dalvik / ART cache, System, Data, Cache. My mistake was to add Internal Memory in my cleaning, that's why the internal memory was not detected and I had to do all of the above
3 - open_gapps-arm-10.0-pico-20211125.zip
4 - Install Magisk-v23.0.apk, and then Magisk-v23.0.zip through recovery to be able to use the banking app.

Additional data (Discussion topic):
* LTE (Ok)
* NFC (does not work)

Reactions: mmortal03

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues:

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.0 and newer)
    • Boot the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 Harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    jeferson1979
    althafvly
    Device tree

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: lineage

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
    Last Updated 2020-03-22
    Regarding all last questions:
    1- carrier config is now roll backed to same we use in pie;
    2- I've made changes at kernel level related to core control, testing if worth enable in harpia. As you know, we change our code to squid basis to make it official, and things now will be a bit slow to keep the 5 devices of moto msm8916 working, earlier I supported only harpia and osprey, now lux also;
    3- Bugs without logs I consider a feature.

Thanks for your understanding and hold with us
    We have many issues while bringing 18.1 to harpia. All is working, but it's not a daily material. When it's ready, it will be announced
    OP is updated with new release:

Merged may security patches
    Stability enhancenments

Download at OP
    The ROM works great, however SELinux is not enabled, would it be possible to enable it?

Selinux is on mode permissive, but you can expect next update to be on enforcing mode, by now don't turn enforcing :p