[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1 Harpia

Search This thread

Guillox22

Sep 27, 2021
Do you know why nfc is not working? Since the original version we have it activated, I live in Argentina having the original rom I never had nfc but I installed the same rom from another region, here they usually do it so that we can buy the pro, g4 pro or g4 version, the same thing happens with g9, I have moto g9 play but it has nfc g9 or g9 plus in our region I think they are not stealing ajja

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
I'm going to make a full debug work this week over the issue. People may consider show the setup used (gapps package, any sort of mod, logs) when opening one issue.

If I'm not able to reproduce this by myself and issues continuing to appear, I might consider deprecating this device as unfixable.

So, what's the scoop? I just got the following, even though there was a nightly release on Friday:

"Hi! Thank you for reporting! In an attempt to clean up, we are closing all issues for devices that are currently not receiving builds."

&

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014

LineageOS 17.1 Deprecation Notice​

As of last night, we started testing our build systems for support of LineageOS 19.
This does not mean that we are shipping soon!
Due to some restrictions (mainly space) of our build servers, this means the following happened:
Lineage 17.1 has now reached retirement. The following devices have therefore been dropped from the build roster and will no longer receive updates:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/su6321

Heeni

I've been expecting that this was going to happen fairly soon.

I don't know if Lineage has any plans to release v.19 for this device. In the meantime, as mentioned in another thread, there's AICP which seems to be worth looking at.

For myself, I may just take this opportunity to go over to postmarketOS full-time.

So long, LineageOS 17.1, and thanks for all the fish.😺

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
I've been expecting that this was going to happen fairly soon.

I don't know if Lineage has any plans to release v.19 for this device. In the meantime, as mentioned in another thread, there's AICP which seems to be worth looking at.

For myself, I may just take this opportunity to go over to postmarketOS full-time.

So long, LineageOS 17.1, and thanks for all the fish.😺

I've briefly played around with AICP 16.1 on harpia, and tried the latest build last night, but the GUI was sluggish compared to LOS 17.1, for whatever reason. I don't know enough to say what they might do to fix that.

Regarding LOS versions 18.1 and above, there has been some work on LOS 18.1, but, as of jeferson's post last year (below), he said it wasn't ready for primetime yet. Maybe it'll still happen. I think all of this may have prompted him to publish more work on it just this morning, lol: https://review.lineageos.org/q/owner:jroliveira.oliveira301%40gmail.com

We have many issues while bringing 18.1 to harpia. All is working, but it's not a daily material. When it's ready, it will be announced

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
I've briefly played around with AICP 16.1 on harpia, and tried the latest build last night, but the GUI was sluggish compared to LOS 17.1, for whatever reason. I don't know enough to say what they might do to fix that.

Regarding LOS versions 18.1 and above, there has been some work on LOS 18.1, but, as of jeferson's post last year (below), he said it wasn't ready for primetime yet. Maybe it'll still happen. I think all of this may have prompted him to publish more work on it just this morning, lol: https://review.lineageos.org/q/owner:jroliveira.oliveira301%40gmail.com
Regarding 19.0... I think it's out of our hands since we have one ancient kernel what doesn't meets android 12 requirements. For 18.1 there has some hopes

Reactions: mmortal03

jot.zet

Jul 8, 2021
Hello,

my question ist - does anyone know, if i can install the latest lineage 17.1 version on the motorola G4 play XT1604 ? The reason ist, that on the phone is only Android 6.0.1 and on the lineage wiki page is a big warning, that the version 7.1.1 is needed. But i can't update or find this version for the phone.

What is the best way to get lineage or another custom rom without google on this phone?

Thanks for you help!!!

Jan

P.S.: Have already installed lineage 17.1 via TWRP and ADB. All works fine and i don't understand the warning...

Last edited:

phoenixmet

Jun 26, 2011
Caracas
1645650821094.png

I mean this, the update 18/02/22 with this changes ☹️

taipan01

Feb 24, 2016
@jeferson1979 I want to stay on 17.1 as long as google provides security patches and build it by my own. Unfortunately the camera is not working. Could you provide me your manifest please? Thanks a lot.

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2018
Taió
sourceforge.net
Moto X
Moto X 2014
@jeferson1979 I want to stay on 17.1 as long as google provides security patches and build it by my own. Unfortunately the camera is not working. Could you provide me your manifest please? Thanks a lot.
You need to clone dependencies, external/bson and external/sony/libboringssl-compat is what is missing on your sync

Reactions: taipan01

taipan01

Feb 24, 2016
You need to clone dependencies, external/bson and external/sony/libboringssl-compat is what is missing on your sync
this is my updated manifest. any comments?

XML:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
    <project name="LineageOS/android_device_motorola_harpia" path="device/motorola/harpia" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
    <project name="LineageOS/android_device_motorola_msm8916-common" path="device/motorola/msm8916-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
    <project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_motorola_msm8916" path="kernel/motorola/msm8916" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
    <project name="LineageOS/android_system_qcom" path="system/qcom" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
    <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_motorola" path="vendor/motorola" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
    <project name="LineageOS/android_external_sony_boringssl-compat" path="external/sony/boringssl-compat" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
    <project name="LineageOS/android_external_bson" path="external/bson" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
</manifest>

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's as secure as all the other devices with old and unsupported Android versions or builds without actual security fixes.

--> Take it or leave it (I wouldn't do banking with a smartphone at all - only my deliberation).

Last official LineageOS 17.1 build (Android 10) for harpia with security patches is from 2022-02-11.
    @Eric_Lev 's builds for harpia were built on LineageOS 14.1 (Android 7), unfortunately no updates any more since a longer time.
    If needed ... (not tested ... my old harpia died a long time ago)
    @Eric_Lev
    You save my day. I try it as sone as possible an give you a feedback.
    thx,thx,thx
    Is that based on current sources? @Silverfluff, I'm pretty sure someone can find you a copy of the last official LOS 17.1 harpia build from February 11, 2022 if that one doesn't work for you. I still have the February harpia build installed on mine, but only use it with a TextNow SIM because data works, but VoLTE doesn't work.
    @Eric_Lev
    first quick and dirty feedback.
    - update (or downgrade :) ) from 18.1. It don`'t like it. Told me to make factory reset. i did it - boots up normal.The next days i test the stability.
    Again BIG thx to you
    ... I'm pretty sure someone can find you a copy of the last official LOS 17.1 harpia build from February 11, 2022 if that one doesn't work for you. ...
    I have this last official build on my hard disk drive and could provide it if needed.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues:

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.0 and newer)
    • Boot the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 Harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    jeferson1979
    althafvly
    Device tree

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: lineage

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
    Last Updated 2020-03-22
    Regarding all last questions:
    1- carrier config is now roll backed to same we use in pie;
    2- I've made changes at kernel level related to core control, testing if worth enable in harpia. As you know, we change our code to squid basis to make it official, and things now will be a bit slow to keep the 5 devices of moto msm8916 working, earlier I supported only harpia and osprey, now lux also;
    3- Bugs without logs I consider a feature.

Thanks for your understanding and hold with us
    We have many issues while bringing 18.1 to harpia. All is working, but it's not a daily material. When it's ready, it will be announced
    OP is updated with new release:

Merged may security patches
    Stability enhancenments

Download at OP
    The ROM works great, however SELinux is not enabled, would it be possible to enable it?

Selinux is on mode permissive, but you can expect next update to be on enforcing mode, by now don't turn enforcing :p