[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1 Harpia

Search This thread

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
amazingly, that hidden network bug that I've experienced with older LOS 16 and 17.1 builds is no longer an issue here; I'm now able to properly connect to, toggle on/off, and automatically reconnect to a hidden WiFi network. So, two bugs fixed for the price of one!

@jeferson1979, just for more visibility to other ROM devs, this hidden WiFI network connectivity bug that you've fixed here in Harpia has also been present in LOS 15.x and 16.0 in unofficial *Surnia* builds that I've tested (those from @DroidFreak32, not sure if he's still supporting those). Only you can advise if it would be easily backported to other ROMs (as people still use, for example, older Surnia builds such as 15.x for performance reasons).
I haven't yet tested the more recent Surnia official 17.1 weekly builds by @althafvly, but I may do so soon. I assume that the fix would be most easily applied there. It was originally reported in past Bacon builds -- bug report, for reference: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/401

jeferson1979

Recognized Developer
@jeferson1979, just for more visibility to other ROM devs, this hidden WiFI network connectivity bug that you've fixed here in Harpia has also been present in LOS 15.x and 16.0 in unofficial *Surnia* builds that I've tested (those from @DroidFreak32, not sure if he's still supporting those). Only you can advise if it would be easily backported to other ROMs (as people still use, for example, older Surnia builds such as 15.x for performance reasons).
I haven't yet tested the more recent Surnia official 17.1 weekly builds by @althafvly, but I may do so soon. I assume that the fix would be most easily applied there. It was originally reported in past Bacon builds -- bug report, for reference: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/401
Imma go filter the changes (are many) and upload to gerrit), so it will be available to everyone. Also the changes are in common tree and kernel, benefits all moto msm8916 devices together

_zvin1_

Sep 22, 2020
Hello, I'm from Brazil and I would like to thank you for this beautiful work. I wanted to report a bug, no.mru Harpia, the mobile data is not working, the signal appears in the newspaper but the 4G signal does not work. (using operator CLARO BRASIL SA).:crying:

could you send me the download of the used TWRP? I looked for the download on the app and on the official TWRP website and I couldn't find

_zvin1_

Sep 22, 2020

now i installed img, now what do i do with it? flash on TWRP?

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 PM ----------

latest TWRP for harpia is 3.2.3-r1. find that here - https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=16870#downloads
try that and see if it bootloops.

can I install Android 7 ROMs on this TWRP?

newinnov

Sep 11, 2012
@jeferson1979 , I am here writing for your build of ArrowOs from source forge, I have tested that. its very stable and clean rom. Thanks for a lighter rom.

Trey n

Nov 12, 2014
Motorola Droid RAZR M
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hey my grandma has this phone and it's an xt1607 that has the latest nougat and security patch of June 2018 I believe and I was wondering how easy it is to unlock the bootloader and flash twrp and this rom and bitgapps and is tracfone working with this rom? How stable is this and is it any faster than stock? Also is the camera quality still great compared to stock? Thanks I'm experienced cuz all my devices run custom roms lmao

MR4Y

Apr 25, 2012
Araras - SP
I'm still having battery issues, even with AccA installed and configured properly. These used to happen every other charge, but now they're happening every single time.

Brandroide

Sep 28, 2019
Lamballe
Hi ! I still have LTE problem with SFR french carrier. I tried many release of LOS 17.1, even the one that saved the mmortal03 phone (and life ? ;) ) - we tchatted on reddit about this, thank to him !

I'm torn between use the 14.1 dev by Eric_Lev https://xdaforums.com/g4-play/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-moto-g4-play-t3544646 with which the LTE works but some apps warns me that's the last release (andOTP, etc.), and the 17.1 up to date with a real LTE problem (for me).

What can I report to find a solution ? :)

I tried swap SIM cards, change APN settings, change network type (LTE to GSM to LTE again)

It's a XT1602 model. ;)

Last edited:

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Hi ! I still have LTE problem with SFR french carrier. I tried many release of LOS 17.1, even the one that saved the mmortal03 phone (and life ? ;) ) - we tchatted on reddit about this, thank to him !

I'm torn between use the 14.1 dev by Eric_Lev https://xdaforums.com/g4-play/development/rom-lineageos-14-1-moto-g4-play-t3544646 with which the LTE works but some apps warns me that's the last release (andOTP, etc.), and the 17.1 up to date with a real LTE problem (for me).

What can I report to find a solution ? :)

I tried swap SIM cards, change APN settings, change network type (LTE to GSM to LTE again)

It's a XT1602 model. ;)

Yeah, it's weird that the test build from post #159 with the telephony additions that fixed the issue for me didn't fix the issue for you. I don't know the differences between my XT1607 on FreedomPop in the US, and your XT1602 on SFR in France, but maybe it's some frequency or carrier specific issue? Like you said on Reddit, a previous LOS 16.0 build worked for you, so it's some sort of regression since 16.0.

The devs might have you capture a log and send it to them, but I would wait until you get this request from them, because this is a particularly weird issue. Here are the instructions for capturing a log, just for reference: https://wiki.lineageos.org/logcat.html

Brandroide

Sep 28, 2019
Lamballe
The fact is the 16.x release seems to be just a one shot unofficial ROM - maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks for the log wiki link, I will read this ASAP (job, family, young children : smartphone LTE problem is... well, time is not on my side ;) )

Brandroide

Sep 28, 2019
Lamballe
Yeah ! New Official Release ! :laugh: Install... Reboot...

No LTE data :(

Let me post the logcat here :)

Attachments

• logcat.log.tar.gz
    86.7 KB · Views: 8

Baltaz

Nov 28, 2017
I'm not using LTE so I don't know if it works well on my Moto G4 Play, but I feel there are issues with the timely reception of SMS, or their notifications: I've noticed several times that as soon as I unlock my phone, I am notified about the reception of a SMS, that was sent or received some time ago.

I don't know if it's just luck that this happens, or whether there is some issues with Lineage 17.1 on my phone. I used Lineage 14 previously, and didn't notice that problem.

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
The last flash was done with LOS recovery ; Some was done with TWRP. Same result :(

Thanks for your help !

Thanks for mentioning this. To be honest, I'm skeptical that flashing with one or the other makes any difference on data functionality -- people had mentioned it above as a theory, but it was said elsewhere that both recovery programs install the necessary files. Hopefully, the devs will notice something in your logs.

Thanks for mentioning this. To be honest, I'm skeptical that flashing with one or the other makes any difference on data functionality -- people had mentioned it above as a theory, but it was said elsewhere that both recovery programs install the necessary files. Hopefully, the devs will notice something in your logs.
I experienced such issue in my wife's XT1600 (dual chip variant) some builds ago, I flashed the ROM through TWRP. I faced no mobile signal, at all. Switched to the LOS recovery which is released along the ROM, and the signal was there! I use the LOS recovery ever since.

woheller

May 31, 2020
TRRP 3.4.0.0

Has anyone tried the new twrp 3.4.0.0 on harpia? On my phone the update scripts do not work anymore. TWRP is started, but then the system update is not installed. I can however install the update manually from the ZIP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2F2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10 (Q), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

Base source code is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to the project, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Known issues:

Instructions:
    • Download the latest build, official TWRP (3.3.0 and newer)
    • Boot the downloaded TWRP via fastboot
    • Flash the latest build
    • Reboot

Downloads:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS 17.1 Harpia, ROM for the Moto G4 Play

Contributors
    jeferson1979
    althafvly
    Device tree

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: lineage

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 17.1
    Stable Release Date: 2020-03-22

Created 2020-03-22
    Last Updated 2020-03-22
    Regarding all last questions:
    1- carrier config is now roll backed to same we use in pie;
    2- I've made changes at kernel level related to core control, testing if worth enable in harpia. As you know, we change our code to squid basis to make it official, and things now will be a bit slow to keep the 5 devices of moto msm8916 working, earlier I supported only harpia and osprey, now lux also;
    3- Bugs without logs I consider a feature.

Thanks for your understanding and hold with us
    We have many issues while bringing 18.1 to harpia. All is working, but it's not a daily material. When it's ready, it will be announced
    OP is updated with new release:

Merged may security patches
    Stability enhancenments

Download at OP
    The ROM works great, however SELinux is not enabled, would it be possible to enable it?

Selinux is on mode permissive, but you can expect next update to be on enforcing mode, by now don't turn enforcing :p