[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

hans_peda_417

May 24, 2020
How does this one compare to Dr Ketan android Q? Is it quicker?

I had Dr Keaton installed, and I like the LineageOS a lot better. It's faster, more lightweight and has better battery life. Only downside so far is the camera app, which is bad IMO. Still looking for an alternative.
Everything else is way better IMO.

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

BTW - anyone has a good camera app, that also support slow motion video? (And timelaps, but this is less important)

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
to get root, flash magisk with lineageos recovery!
then you have to reflash magisk after every lineageos update again!

btw. you need a better cam 4 it, try open camera:good:
(but no time laps or slow motion records with note 9! sorry Hans Peda:silly: )

edit:

the new update is online!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raithlin

Icetea

Nov 8, 2014
just for info:
-> to get root, flash magisk 20.4 with recovery - it works 4 it!
-> changing recovery from lineageos to twrp with odin or heimdall works!
(https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-9/development/recovery-twrp-galaxy-note-9-exynos-t3833933 use this version only!)
-> changing from twrp to lineage os recovery works!
-> installing of lineage os updates with twrp works!
(you must export update from updater or download it from web side)
-> changing between the both distributions of lineage os 17.1 ( official & unofficial ) works!
-> making backups from data partition with twrp don't work because data is encrypted!

Tip: if you have root, i suggest " migrate " app here from xda for backup your installed apps and app datas. it works good for backup&restore as expected! " buggy backup pro" app will do it for single app backups.

after my experiences with lineage os, i am verry impressed about the battery time! 3 days normal using is no problem.
every thing is running good. i can't recognize any bug. :good:

btw.: the new release is available now.
https://download.lineageos.org/crownlte

Last edited:
Reactions: sulimanp

DrSiege

Jul 28, 2020
Touch screen sensitivity

Awesome ROM, thanks!

I have two issues, though:
  1. How can I increase touch screen sensitivity? I need it for a display protection that I use. I know that the phone hardware supports it, because I can do that on the stock and on another custom ROM. But on this ROM I don't find the option.
  2. How can I record a video in slow motion? I know that the phone supports it, but there's no option in the camera app of the ROM. I also tried other camer apps, but couldn't find it either.

Thanks in advance!

Hey, my 1st post on XDA! My thanks to the community!

Anyone have any suggestions for increasing touch screen sensitivity as this post from May by @hans_peda_417 mentioned? I have the same use issue with a screen protector that I like. Its installation instructions recommend increasing sensitivity (aka glove mode) via the option that has been available on Stock/other Note 9 ROMS/other LineageOS devices. Otherwise, I've given it 3 weeks to see if I could get used to pressing longer/harder, but texting/typing longer messages just isn't the same.

If not, how do I formally request this feature be looked into and possibly included in a future update?

kiljacken

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars
For the people asking about glove mode / touch sensitivity: You can enable "glove mode" from a root terminal by executing:
Code:
echo "glove_mode,1" > /sys/class/sec/tsp/cmd

I'll be adding support for using the built in setting and submitting a patch, so hopefully you'll see the actual toggle switch in settings in a nightly not too far into the future.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, codename crownlte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
    • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
    • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    since lineageos has given up support i will continue support until there is a new dev who wants to support it through linaeagos.

will provide you with monthly updates
    download rom link :
    lineage-17.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

ota update via your phone should also work with the next update as it was with the official build.

do not forget backup.....
    Has anyone tried the Galaxy Wearable app with LineageOS? I'm curious if the Galaxy Watch will still be recognized by the app with this ROM.

Also, is the Google Camera working?
    It doesn't work for me..