[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

dator

Feb 6, 2010
Always On Screen

Sorry I have one question: Is it possible to switch off the always on screen? I found that I can change between several clock versions, but there is no option for "nothing" - so that the display is black only. Had I overlooked something? Thanks for any info.

DrSiege

Jul 28, 2020
For the people asking about glove mode / touch sensitivity: You can enable "glove mode" from a root terminal by executing:
Code:
echo "glove_mode,1" > /sys/class/sec/tsp/cmd

I'll be adding support for using the built in setting and submitting a patch, so hopefully you'll see the actual toggle switch in settings in a nightly not too far into the future.

Just wanted to report in that this fix definitely works! I'm having no issues using my preferred screen protector now. Thanks so much for your workaround, and I hope your patch does make it into a nightly soon!

ACC18

Dec 7, 2014
Is there any plan to build Lineage OS 18 in future? I have tried lineage 18 gsi and it stable enough for daily use. But still need fix for specific crownlte device. Thanks for this lineage os and the dev for maintaining this rom

kirankowshik

Jul 29, 2011
chennai
Is there any plan to build Lineage OS 18 in future? I have tried lineage 18 gsi and it stable enough for daily use. But still need fix for specific crownlte device. Thanks for this lineage os and the dev for maintaining this rom
Can you share the link for los gsi? I have been using phh gsi and its rock stable..

hans_peda_417

May 24, 2020
Hello, World I would like to ask, Any known issue or not working to this ROM I want to install this to my Note 9 :) I don't want to back read please thank you so much ;)o_O
I'm using this ROM for a while now, so far only two issues (which are not really big problems):
  • Touch sensitivity can't be adjusted, however, there's a workaround available for globe mode (see above)
  • I don't like the camera app. Yes, there are other apps available, but they don't provide full functionality, like SlowMo
But, both issues are not really big problems.
The ROM itself is working fine, no problems or bugs detected at all.

Reactions: Manok0712

Manok0712

Mar 3, 2013
Parañaque
I'm using this ROM for a while now, so far only two issues (which are not really big problems):
  • Touch sensitivity can't be adjusted, however, there's a workaround available for globe mode (see above)
  • I don't like the camera app. Yes, there are other apps available, but they don't provide full functionality, like SlowMo
But, both issues are not really big problems.
The ROM itself is working fine, no problems or bugs detected at all.

Thank you so much <3

I guess I just install GCAM maybe there's an available one for this device.
for touch sensitivity, it's not a big deal for me.

Rebz95

Jan 5, 2021
Hello together,

i have installed LOS 17.1 on my Note 9 N960F, all seems to work good, except the GPS. No application can find my location (Google, sygic, kaspersky).

Someone can help me? :(

ACC18

Dec 7, 2014
Hello together,

i have installed LOS 17.1 on my Note 9 N960F, all seems to work good, except the GPS. No application can find my location (Google, sygic, kaspersky).

Someone can help me? :(
Reboot device. Enable location. There's no problem with me

dial25and

Jun 20, 2017
Has anyone tried this ROM in combination with TWRP? If yes, does the installation process change in any way?
Lineage Recovery seems to miss some features I really appreciate when on TWRP, like backups.

Last edited:
Galaxy Note 9, S9 & S9+ Losing Official LineageOS Support!

Bad new as the Galaxy Note 9, S9 & S9+ are losing official support as you can read in this Lineage Gerrit Code Review Merged commit: hudson: Drop exynos 9810 devices and expand lineage-build-targets.

As you can read in the LineageOS wiki > Devices and check show discontinued devices > in Samsung Galaxy S9 (starlte), S9+ (star2lte) & Note 9 (crownlte), for example:
WARNING: The Samsung Galaxy S9 is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support.
The old builds are automatically removed from the LineageOS servers after 4~6 weeks so you should save a copy of at least the last build & Lineage recovery if you have one of those models.

Naturally if an other volunteer developer steps up & picks up the torch new builds may become available again.

Thank you to maintainer @erfanoabdi for supporting these devices for so long & also for all his numerous other contributions in the LineageOS Gerrit as seen here.

Reactions: sulimanp

schnoeselmeier

Mar 19, 2016
Chiang Mai

Bad new as the Galaxy Note 9, S9 & S9+ are losing official support as you can read in this Lineage Gerrit Code Review Merged commit: hudson: Drop exynos 9810 devices and expand lineage-build-targets.

As you can read in the LineageOS wiki > Devices and check show discontinued devices > in Samsung Galaxy S9 (starlte), S9+ (star2lte) & Note 9 (crownlte), for example:

The old builds are automatically removed from the LineageOS servers after 4~6 weeks so you should save a copy of at least the last build & Lineage recovery if you have one of those models.

Naturally if an other volunteer developer steps up & picks up the torch new builds may become available again.

Thank you to maintainer @erfanoabdi for supporting these devices for so long & also for all his numerous other contributions in the LineageOS Gerrit as seen here.

So sorry to hear about this! I hope someone else can step in and maintain this great device.

Exodusnick

Mar 14, 2015
Deutschland
www.los-legacy.de
OnePlus Nord
@erfanoabdi
unfortunately I only get to 77%
[ 77% 81250/105064] build out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_int
FAILED: out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests
/bin/bash -c "(out/host/linux-x86/bin/sepolicy_tests -l out/host/linux-x86/lib64/libsepolwrap.so -f out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/plat_file_contexts_intermediates/plat_file_contexts -f out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/vendor_file_contexts_intermediates/vendor_file_contexts -p out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_intermediates/sepolicy ) && (touch out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests )"
The following types on /system/ must be associated with the "system_file_type" attribute: hal_lineage_fastcharge_default_exec

01:41:33 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (05:37:45 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

this is the local manifest i use

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- vendor / proprietary -->
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- device trees -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal9810-common" path="device/samsung/universal9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_crownlte" path="device/samsung/crownlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- lineage hardware -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- kernel -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/universal9810" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
</manifest>

Last edited:
Reactions: that_same_guy

TomDex

Feb 22, 2010

That's a real bummer !
The old Note 3 still getting recent updates, but support for the Note 9 falling through.
:cry::cry:

Really love LineageOS and don't look forward to going to another ROM.
Any volunteers taking this up?

Exodusnick

Mar 14, 2015
Deutschland
www.los-legacy.de
OnePlus Nord
since lineageos has given up support i will continue support until there is a new dev who wants to support it through linaeagos.

will provide you with monthly updates
download rom link :
lineage-17.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

ota update via your phone should also work with the next update as it was with the official build.

do not forget backup.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, codename crownlte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
    • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
    • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    since lineageos has given up support i will continue support until there is a new dev who wants to support it through linaeagos.

will provide you with monthly updates
    download rom link :
    lineage-17.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

ota update via your phone should also work with the next update as it was with the official build.

do not forget backup.....
    Has anyone tried the Galaxy Wearable app with LineageOS? I'm curious if the Galaxy Watch will still be recognized by the app with this ROM.

Also, is the Google Camera working?
    It doesn't work for me..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone