[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

dexterdongle

Oct 22, 2012
@erfanoabdi
unfortunately I only get to 77%
[ 77% 81250/105064] build out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_int
FAILED: out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests
/bin/bash -c "(out/host/linux-x86/bin/sepolicy_tests -l out/host/linux-x86/lib64/libsepolwrap.so -f out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/plat_file_contexts_intermediates/plat_file_contexts -f out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/vendor_file_contexts_intermediates/vendor_file_contexts -p out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_intermediates/sepolicy ) && (touch out/target/product/crownlte/obj/ETC/sepolicy_tests_intermediates/sepolicy_tests )"
The following types on /system/ must be associated with the "system_file_type" attribute: hal_lineage_fastcharge_default_exec

01:41:33 ninja failed with: exit status 1

#### failed to build some targets (05:37:45 (hh:mm:ss)) ####

this is the local manifest i use

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<!-- vendor / proprietary -->
<project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- device trees -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_universal9810-common" path="device/samsung/universal9810-common" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<project name="LineageOS/android_device_samsung_crownlte" path="device/samsung/crownlte" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- lineage hardware -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
<!-- kernel -->
<project name="LineageOS/android_kernel_samsung_universal9810" path="kernel/samsung/universal9810" remote="github" revision="lineage-17.1" />
</manifest>

there might be something missing ?

Could you post the solution to this build error along with any updated manifests as I just hit this :-( for those playing along @home thanks.

Exodusnick

Mar 14, 2015
Deutschland
www.los-legacy.de
OnePlus Nord
@dexterdongle

since lineageos has given up support i will continue support until there is a new dev who wants to support it through linaeagos.

will provide you with monthly updates
download rom link :
lineage-17.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

ota update via your phone should also work with the next update as it was with the official build.

do not forget backup.....

Changes in

device/samsung/universal9810-common

(BoardConfigCommon.mk)

# SELinux
BOARD_PLAT_PRIVATE_SEPOLICY_DIR += $(COMMON_PATH)/sepolicy/private
Insert this
SELINUX_IGNORE_NEVERALLOWS:= true

Last edited:

StereoSteo

Jun 6, 2015
Dublin
I was wondering why I hadn't had an update in a month and then I realised that the LinegeOS page for crownlte said support was done. I built myself LineageOS a few days ago prior to seeing this thread, as I wanted to have the latest security patch. I think it would be a shame to see the Note 9 end support so soon considering it's still a really nice phone, and one of the latest ones before they started removing headphone jacks and adding notches etc.

I find LineageOS much faster than the stock from (since it's not bloated and stuff), so I'd much prefer to keep using it. The only thing is that I had it in my head that the battery life isn't as good, but that could just be me using the phone a lot more without realising, that or the battery starting to age.

I'd like to see LineageOS 18 be stable at some stage, but I know there's no rush for this as it's very WIP and I'm still fine with 17.1 as it's pretty stable. It's just nice to have Lineage instead of having to spend a crazy amount of money on a new phone after Samsung drop support when the hardware in this one is still pretty amazing. It's more or less like a scam to make people buy new phones.

Reactions: Peyo72

Exodusnick

Mar 14, 2015
Deutschland
www.los-legacy.de
OnePlus Nord
new update lineageos 17.1 available via ota or see download link

changelog
- Merged March 2021 Security Update
- Synced with LOS source

Download link
lineage-17.1-20210314-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

if you want to build yourself.......

SOURCES CODE

Changes in device/samsung/universal9810-common

(BoardConfigCommon.mk)

# SELinux
BOARD_PLAT_PRIVATE_SEPOLICY_DIR += $(COMMON_PATH)/sepolicy/private
Insert this
SELINUX_IGNORE_NEVERALLOWS:= true

and this is how the local_manifests should look like
see attachment

Attachments

• 17.1_crownlte.xml
    843 bytes · Views: 12
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

Samsung Galaxy Note 9
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, codename crownlte.

Join our Lineage Exynos 9810 Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE INSTALLING LINEAGE OVER FULLY STOCK ANDROID 10 FIRMWARE

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

What's not working:
    • Applicable exceptions granted in device support requirements.
    • Obviously Samsung's own features such as Samsung Pay, KNOX, Theme Center, Game Launcher, etc. won't be ported to LineageOS. We may have our own implementation to similar functions, though.
    • Iris sensor does not work because AOSP upstream does not support that yet.
    • IMS services (VoLTE, VoWiFi, etc). Samsung has their own proprietary implementation. It is not really possible to easily port that to LineageOS.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status.
    • Official Lineage OS builds requires official stock unmodded android 10 firmware installed.
    • Official Lineage OS builds uses stock android 10 vendor so encryption is enabled by default.

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    Lineage OS for Note 9, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Official Android 10 firmware

Version Information

Created 2020-04-16
    Last Updated 2020-04-17
    since lineageos has given up support i will continue support until there is a new dev who wants to support it through linaeagos.

will provide you with monthly updates
    download rom link :
    lineage-17.1-20210215-UNOFFICIAL-crownlte.zip

ota update via your phone should also work with the next update as it was with the official build.

do not forget backup.....
    Has anyone tried the Galaxy Wearable app with LineageOS? I'm curious if the Galaxy Watch will still be recognized by the app with this ROM.

Also, is the Google Camera working?
    It doesn't work for me..
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone