[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
Hi!

I'm use an older pixel Experience Mod (02/2020) at the moment. I want to change to Lineage and I’m very happy there is a stable Lineage ROM.

THANKS TO EVERYBODY WHO MADE IT POSSIBLE!

A few Questions before i start:

Important for me is a full phone encryption. It comes with this ROM?

Is it recommended to flash the latest MIUI ROM for all updates and change after it to this ROM? Because it is one year old, maybe it causes problems.

At the moment i use orange fox. Or do you recommend this lineage recovery?

My steps:

1) Flash MIUI latest ROM for all updates
2) Reinstall Orangefox
3) Format data etc
4)Install Lineage
5) Install Google Apps

Other Suggestions? Is there anything wrong? I want to avoid mistakes...
The steps are fine. Although you dont need to flash the whole miui rom, instead you can just flash latest firmware for your region. Make sure you are using latest orangefox/twrp/los recovery.

dvx3

Jan 3, 2009
Magisk 20.4 can't be installed after last update (lineage-17.1-20210119-nightly-lavender-signed.zip), the error is:
Unpacking boot image
Unsupported/Unknown image format
Installation failed.

fucaro

Jan 28, 2021
Hi guys,
i've recently installed lineage, it's nice and smooth, but i have a problem with the mobile data. I can't browsing but apps like whatsapp and messenger are working (so there is a little bit of connection)
I have a little cross in the corner of the icon of the mobile data and H+ as a default power of the network. I tried to change my apn options and type of network but the only result is 4g instead of H+ but still unable to use any browser. I notice that when i change options i can use browser but for a limited time, but the little cross is always present. How can i fix that problem?
Thanks in advance:)

cubataenvenenao

Jan 28, 2021
Hi guys,
i've recently installed lineage, it's nice and smooth, but i have a problem with the mobile data. I can't browsing but apps like whatsapp and messenger are working (so there is a little bit of connection)
I have a little cross in the corner of the icon of the mobile data and H+ as a default power of the network. I tried to change my apn options and type of network but the only result is 4g instead of H+ but still unable to use any browser. I notice that when i change options i can use browser but for a limited time, but the little cross is always present. How can i fix that problem?
Thanks in advance:)

It is better this rom than the original. in terms of bugs, fluency and quickness of the sistem?. Thanks

fungolfer

May 30, 2019
Is there any chance to set the systemprofiles by time? I'd like to have standard profile with all tones set to usual loudness from 6am till 10 pm and I'd like to set the loudness to "0" from 10pm till 6am. I didn't find an option or an app that sets the profile as I like it. Any ideas? Maybe for an option in the profile setting?

curiousrom

Recognized Contributor
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) Losing Official Support

Edit: Good news! A new maintainer stepped up and the Redmi Note 7 is officially supported again as you can see in the LineageOS wiki Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender).

Bad new as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) is losing official support as you can read in this Lineage Gerrit Code Review Merged commit: hudson: Drop Redmi note 7 (lavender): "Don’t have device anymore".

As you can read in the LineageOS wiki > Devices and check Show discontinued devices > Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender):

WARNING: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support.
The old builds are automatically removed from the LineageOS servers after 4~6 weeks so you should save a copy of at least the last build & Lineage recovery if you have this model.

Naturally if an other volunteer developer steps up & picks up the torch new builds may become available again.

Thank you to maintainer @erfanoabdi for supporting this device for so long & also for all his other numerous contributions as you can see in the LineageOS Gerrit with this search.

Last edited:

Walden0

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 24, 2018
Jabalpur
Anyone else experiencing no fingerprint option on settings? Thanks..

Hopefully someone step up to build and develop lineagyos for lavemder.
sure its not there?
Screenshot_20210201-171823_Settings.png

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How on earth do I get GPS working on this ROM? Tearing my hair out.
    What can happen is a faulty initialisation. You can try to turn off and then back on GPS in the Quicktiles, ive had that work in other roms.
    2okPze5.png

Redmi Note 7
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

Join our Lineage Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    lavender-lineageos, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-03
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) Losing Official Support

Edit: Good news! A new maintainer stepped up and the Redmi Note 7 is officially supported again as you can see in the LineageOS wiki Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender).

Bad new as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) is losing official support as you can read in this Lineage Gerrit Code Review Merged commit: hudson: Drop Redmi note 7 (lavender): "Don’t have device anymore".

As you can read in the LineageOS wiki > Devices and check Show discontinued devices > Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender):

WARNING: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support.
    The old builds are automatically removed from the LineageOS servers after 4~6 weeks so you should save a copy of at least the last build & Lineage recovery if you have this model.

Naturally if an other volunteer developer steps up & picks up the torch new builds may become available again.

Thank you to maintainer @erfanoabdi for supporting this device for so long & also for all his other numerous contributions as you can see in the LineageOS Gerrit with this search.
    Hey guys! I had the same issue with SafetyNet and I fixed it. What you need to do is open Magisk and there is a section marked "Downloads" look for BusyBox and Magisk Props. Install those and Termux from the app store, and then reboot your phone. Once you reboot your phone open Termux and type in "su" then grant it permission, then type "props", then "1" then "f", then type in the relevant number for your manufacturer and device (Redmi note 7 lavender), say yes to everything and then reboot.

Once I did that it passed SafetyNet and everything worked
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone