[ROM][OFFICIAL][NIGHTLIES] LineageOS 17.1

Search This thread

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
Can anybody tell if there's any issue with attaching images in WhatsApp? It's a known issue with my old klte (Samsung Galaxy S5), I don't want to install lineage on my lavender until I'm sure an this, since I'm a heavy WhatsApp user
There's no issue in WhatsApp sending attachment or pictures. (Tested by myself)

raphael_KcT

Dec 27, 2020
Can't get my device to keep TWRP as a permanent bootloader. Every time I reboot the phone, the original MIUI bootloader is restored. I even managed to start TWRP, but when I ask to reboot, it seems the MIUI OS rewrites it. Am I doing anything wrong? Or it's just that way?

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
It seems that builds are now being pushed in a weekly time. ("New build in every 7 days"). Thus still the rom version says "Nightly". New maintainer is @UltraGamerHD but Idk who is building the rom. Please change the build time naming version for better understanding.

Reactions: deolux2

darhma

Jul 1, 2016
ZTE Blade V9
Can't get my device to keep TWRP as a permanent bootloader. Every time I reboot the phone, the original MIUI bootloader is restored. I even managed to start TWRP, but when I ask to reboot, it seems the MIUI OS rewrites it. Am I doing anything wrong? Or it's just that way?
That's OT in this thread. Anyway MIUI usually overwrite the custom recovery with the stock one so this is normal. If you need the custom recovery you have to install it and boot to recovery without booting the system then you can flash a custom rom or if you install magisk without flashing a custom rom you should reboot to system without losing the custom recovery.

Reactions: raphael_KcT

darhma

Jul 1, 2016
ZTE Blade V9
It seems that builds are now being pushed in a weekly time. ("New build in every 7 days"). Thus still the rom version says "Nightly". New maintainer is @UltraGamerHD but Idk who is building the rom. Please change the build time naming version for better understanding.
Even with the previous mantainer the rom was released weekly and called nightly and as far as I remember with lineageos it was always like that. This can be a bit confusing at the beginning but there were no changes in the release times and the way to name the rom.

Currently and until the release of version 18, from what i understand, the rom is built automatically including only generic changes and not device specific ones.

raphael_KcT

Dec 27, 2020
That's OT in this thread. Anyway MIUI usually overwrite the custom recovery with the stock one so this is normal. If you need the custom recovery you have to install it and boot to recovery without booting the system then you can flash a custom rom or if you install magisk without flashing a custom rom you should reboot to system without losing the custom recovery.
Yeah, tested it, that's precisely it.
Best AOSP ROM I have ever used. Absolutely usable as a daily driver. No issues whatsoever after 12 hours of use. I still have to test GPS deeper but I don't think I'll run into any trouble

internetaddict24

Feb 17, 2015
Bucharest
So I helped a guy install lineageos on his lavender but now the folder structure in /sdcard is messed up.
We tried formatting data multiple times and running fastboot format userdata, none worked. Which is weird since these would have fixed it on my similar generation op6.
What can we do now? Is there any Dm_Verity disabler for lavender?

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
So I helped a guy install lineageos on his lavender but now the folder structure in /sdcard is messed up.
We tried formatting data multiple times and running fastboot format userdata, none worked. Which is weird since these would have fixed it on my similar generation op6.
What can we do now? Is there any Dm_Verity disabler for lavender?
What do you mean by folder structure in /sdcard ? Redmi Note 7 has no way to be kept decrypted as it is a bug that wil cause fingerprint not to work & no one has any fix till now. Before installing a new rom, you always need to format data from recovery menu. There is no way to fix this issue for now. You can re-install LineageOS 17.1 and before doing that, make sure you format data (not factory reset) right after wiping anything you want to wipe before installing a new rom.

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
This option is missing in the Display section. Please add it in the next build. Thanks.

Screenshot_20210303-185512_Settings_Suggestions.png

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
I use dual sim on my lavender, lineage-17.1 March 2nd build, no mod, no root, everything stock. Whenever I reboot, my sim preference reset and SIM1 gets selected for call sms every time. Does anyone having same issue like me?

saifer92

Nov 10, 2012
Hi all, I 've tried to update the firmware via OTA, automatically rebooted in TWRP and the phone is now in bootloop... I've installed Magisk and TWRP as recovery. I've now flashed Orange Fox via TWRP and then dirty flashed lineage zip, cleared Dalvik & cache but nothing... what can I do without deleting everything? :( thank you.

EDIT: After reflashed firmware, Gapps, clean dalvik&cache phone boots up! But now I can't update apps with play store. Altready tryed deleting cache, force close etc of play store and framework services. Apps start download but never install.

Last edited:

ahadrox

Jun 23, 2016
Earth
Hi all, I 've tried to update the firmware via OTA, automatically rebooted in TWRP and the phone is now in bootloop... I've installed Magisk and TWRP as recovery. I've now flashed Orange Fox via TWRP and then dirty flashed lineage zip, cleared Dalvik & cache but nothing... what can I do without deleting everything? :( thank you.

EDIT: After reflashed firmware, Gapps, clean dalvik&cache phone boots up! But now I can't update apps with play store. Altready tryed deleting cache, force close etc of play store and framework services. Apps start download but never install.
Use LineageOS recovery for fine OTA update process. I never faced any issue about OTA in LOS recovery. Try again installing LineageOS from the start and use LineageOS recovery.

internetaddict24

Feb 17, 2015
Bucharest
What do you mean by folder structure in /sdcard ? Redmi Note 7 has no way to be kept decrypted as it is a bug that wil cause fingerprint not to work & no one has any fix till now. Before installing a new rom, you always need to format data from recovery menu. There is no way to fix this issue for now. You can re-install LineageOS 17.1 and before doing that, make sure you format data (not factory reset) right after wiping anything you want to wipe before installing a new rom.
Yeah, it turned out to be the recovery, we were using latest official twrp, after flashing OrangeFox and formatting data again it worked.

I don't know what's going on with the latest twrp versions, they have a -9.0 prefix on them, are they for android 9.0?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How on earth do I get GPS working on this ROM? Tearing my hair out.
    What can happen is a faulty initialisation. You can try to turn off and then back on GPS in the Quicktiles, ive had that work in other roms.
    2okPze5.png

Redmi Note 7
    Code:
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

Introduction:
    This is the Official Lineage OS 17.1 thread for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, codename lavender.

Join our Lineage Development Telegram Group!

How to Install:
    Please follow the instructions on our Official LineageOS Wiki page here.

If you don't follow these instructions, please don't expect support here. We also don't support 3rd party addons (Magisk/XPosed/Dolby/Viper/etc.), so please don't seek support if you use these.

Notes:
    • Official Lineage OS builds will not pass CTS/SafetyNet -- due to the AVB flag's "red" status. (Magisk works fine with SafetyNet patcher modules, though is not supported.)

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    lavender-lineageos, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

Contributors
    erfanoabdi
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2020-06-03
    Last Updated 2020-06-03
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) Losing Official Support

Edit: Good news! A new maintainer stepped up and the Redmi Note 7 is officially supported again as you can see in the LineageOS wiki Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender).

Bad new as the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender) is losing official support as you can read in this Lineage Gerrit Code Review Merged commit: hudson: Drop Redmi note 7 (lavender): "Don’t have device anymore".

As you can read in the LineageOS wiki > Devices and check Show discontinued devices > Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 (lavender):

WARNING: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support.
    The old builds are automatically removed from the LineageOS servers after 4~6 weeks so you should save a copy of at least the last build & Lineage recovery if you have this model.

Naturally if an other volunteer developer steps up & picks up the torch new builds may become available again.

Thank you to maintainer @erfanoabdi for supporting this device for so long & also for all his other numerous contributions as you can see in the LineageOS Gerrit with this search.
    Hey guys! I had the same issue with SafetyNet and I fixed it. What you need to do is open Magisk and there is a section marked "Downloads" look for BusyBox and Magisk Props. Install those and Termux from the app store, and then reboot your phone. Once you reboot your phone open Termux and type in "su" then grant it permission, then type "props", then "1" then "f", then type in the relevant number for your manufacturer and device (Redmi note 7 lavender), say yes to everything and then reboot.

Once I did that it passed SafetyNet and everything worked
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone