• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

Naudiz

Sep 25, 2013
Sure? I thought initial encrypting on ext4 has been broken together with the passphrase changing. Initial encryption and passphrase changing was definetly working on alpha builds, but two builds ago (last time I tried) both were broken.

Can someone confirm initial encrypting is working again?

Well, I did a fresh install of LOS, after formatting my f2fs data to ext4. So yes, it did the initial encryption just fine. Only changing the password seems to be broken.

Reactions: nvertigo67

Playa82

Jul 17, 2010
Germany
I get the problem that i cant enter my pin after rebooting. I did another reboot and get the numbers to enter the numbers just a second. I have to enter the pin quick or the numbers are gone. Somebody else with this problem ?

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
I get the problem that i cant enter my pin after rebooting. I did another reboot and get the numbers to enter the numbers just a second. I have to enter the pin quick or the numbers are gone. Somebody else with this problem ?

If the display blanks by timeout, but the pin is not entered, the phone is lockednthough you see the numeric keyboard. Just use the power button twice, or - cool, though strange - enable double tab to wake and double tab the shown but unusable numeric keyboard.

I think the issue is, that the device get locked by timeout, but the screen isn't switched off, though the input gets switched off.

blaze95rs

Nov 16, 2013
New Delhi
Complete logcat and sysfs of CPU scaling

Sure? I thought initial encrypting on ext4 has been broken together with the passphrase changing. Initial encryption and passphrase changing was definetly working on alpha builds, but two builds ago (last time I tried) both were broken.

Can someone confirm initial encrypting is working again?

---------- Post added at 16:01 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

Easiest way to access systf nodes is "adb shell". The files you want to look at resides mainly in
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/
and
/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/

Exp:
Code:
adb shell "su -c cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state"
adb shell "su -c 'while sleep 1 ; do cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu*/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq; done'"

The first one definetly works on win cmd, too. The second may need changes in quoting, I'm just not used enough to win to tell, but for sure a win-cmd-guru is around and can jump in for win.

The logcat is not a complete one. If you want a complete logcat from an app, that runs on the device, you need root acces. To get a complete log w/o the need of rooting, use adb:
Code:
adb logcat -d >logcat.txt[CODE]This works on win as well.

Rule of thumb: never ever trust an app, when you can get the information first hand! CLI rulez!!! /proc rulez! /sys kicks ass... ;)[/QUOTE]
 [user=1763460]@DirkGently[/user]

Ok so I checked in liquid remix rom as well and the same problem exists there.. If you see the CPU scaling file, the frequencies lock at 1190 and 1478 Mhz after a while. This happens after around 30 seconds into the game and doesn't change after that.  For reference I also checked my girlfriend's oneplus 5 and its frequencies do not lock at all and remain relatively high when running PUBG (The app I tested on).

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    128.5 KB · Views: 2

Dirk

May 11, 2009
@DirkGently

Ok so I checked in liquid remix rom as well and the same problem exists there.. If you see the CPU scaling file, the frequencies lock at 1190 and 1478 Mhz after a while. This happens after around 30 seconds into the game and doesn't change after that. For reference I also checked my girlfriend's oneplus 5 and its frequencies do not lock at all and remain relatively high when running PUBG (The app I tested on).

Okay, troubleshooting mode:

1) Kernel issue. Can be ruled out by trying different Kernels, both LOS based and non LOS based.

2) ROM issue. Can be ruled out by trying different ROMs, both LOS based and non LOS based.

3) Monitoring issue. Can be ruled out by trying different methods as outlined in previous pages.

4) PUBG issue. Can be ruled out by trying other games and graphics benchmark apps for comparison.

5) Thermal issue. Do you live in a Sauna? Can be ruled out by moving to a Freezer.

6) ?

What further measures can be taken:

i) Return to Stock OOS (Unbrick Tools?) and test.

ii) ?

ii) RMA phone for possible hardware fault.

I can't think of much else.

blaze95rs

Nov 16, 2013
New Delhi
Okay, troubleshooting mode:

1) Kernel issue. Can be ruled out by trying different Kernels, both LOS based and non LOS based.

2) ROM issue. Can be ruled out by trying different ROMs, both LOS based and non LOS based.

3) Monitoring issue. Can be ruled out by trying different methods as outlined in previous pages.

4) PUBG issue. Can be ruled out by trying other games and graphics benchmark apps for comparison.

5) Thermal issue. Do you live in a Sauna? Can be ruled out by moving to a Freezer.

6) ?

What further measures can be taken:

i) Return to Stock OOS (Unbrick Tools?) and test.

ii) ?

ii) RMA phone for possible hardware fault.
I can't think of much else.

1)Already tried Lineage 15.1 with Stock, Mady's and Caesium Kernel

2)I think liquid remix is AOSP based

3)Tried Exkernel, Cpu float, Kernel Auditor and the adb method

4)Tried with other games like mini milita, posted screenshots as well

5)Tried in an air conditioned room, no change.

6)Stock is the last option, any way to try it without wiping internal storage?

Dirk

May 11, 2009

1) Stock and Caesium both LOS based and could have same issue. Not sure about Mady's. There are others that could be tried.

2) Liquid thread says "LOS & AOSP" based. Could try NOS?

3) Monitoring could be fine but sensors reporting wrong data.

6) Been a long time since i used OOS. Someone else know?

If the nuclear option doesn't work, i.e Unbrick tools, i think it's something so arcane that there's no hope of getting to the bottom of it. FWIW, i've Googled around but found nothing helpful.

Uumas

Jul 27, 2014

6. It shouldn't wipe internal storage if you just wipe system and data and flash the full stock zip, but a backup never hurts. Remember to flash Magisk (or SuperSU) after stock to not trigger dm-verity.

blaze95rs

Nov 16, 2013
New Delhi
Solved

1) Stock and Caesium both LOS based and could have same issue. Not sure about Mady's. There are others that could be tried.

2) Liquid thread says "LOS & AOSP" based. Could try NOS?

3) Monitoring could be fine but sensors reporting wrong data.

6) Been a long time since i used OOS. Someone else know?

If the nuclear option doesn't work, i.e Unbrick tools, i think it's something so arcane that there's no hope of getting to the bottom of it. FWIW, i've Googled around but found nothing helpful.

Flashed NitrogenOS and also tried OOS. The performance was bad with OOS but Nitrogen performed much better. The frequencies locked at 1190 and 1478 with both the ROM. So I shoved my phone into the air conditioner (It's really hot in Delhi in summers) and the frequencies suddenly jumped up. My phone was thermal throttling :/
Anyway, thank you all for providing support.
Do your devices thermal throttle that intensely as well?

bschmidy10

Jan 5, 2012
Saint Louis
This rom is ?

Any chance of the smart pixels feature ever being added? It really does provide massive battery saving and protects OLED panels :) I'd take this rom with no features over any other I've come across though so definitely not complaining :D

Thanks!

Playa82

Jul 17, 2010
Germany
If the display blanks by timeout, but the pin is not entered, the phone is lockednthough you see the numeric keyboard. Just use the power button twice, or - cool, though strange - enable double tab to wake and double tab the shown but unusable numeric keyboard.

I think the issue is, that the device get locked by timeout, but the screen isn't switched off, though the input gets switched off.

The Pins disapear after 2 Seconds when i see the Sim-pin. Then i can only enter the Pin for Lockscreen. It doesnt show me my Sim-Pin again till i reboot. Then i have to enter it really quick and if i get lucky it works.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
The Pins disapear after 2 Seconds when i see the Sim-pin. Then i can only enter the Pin for Lockscreen. It doesnt show me my Sim-Pin again till i reboot. Then i have to enter it really quick and if i get lucky it works.

I misunderstood your description. I've never expirienced lockscreen passphrase before sim pin.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
@DirkGently

Ok so I checked in liquid remix rom as well and the same problem exists there.. If you see the CPU scaling file, the frequencies lock at 1190 and 1478 Mhz after a while. This happens after around 30 seconds into the game and doesn't change after that. For reference I also checked my girlfriend's oneplus 5 and its frequencies do not lock at all and remain relatively high when running PUBG (The app I tested on).

On the logcat:

I consider @DirkGentlys and your findings on thermal throtling as valid.

I havn't found anything strange in the logs.

Since I've seen some entries of cpufloat and exkernelmanager, I would suggest a clean flash w/o any other apps but pubg installed. If the cpufloat window is software rendered to overlay the games view, it can couse some serve side efects.

I think it's also worth a try playing with 4xMSAA and opengl - if the issue peesists after the clean flash.

Iredion

Mar 23, 2010
The latest weekly has a regression, it seems WIFI roaming is not working again. Had this problem on OmniROM 8.1 and also on OxygenOS. When moving between WIFI APs, the phone wants to stay on the old AP even though the new closer AP is much stronger. Anyone else see this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref