• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread
Apr 9, 2011
Best you can do is clear Data/Cache for the app and hope it helps. I've got some flaky behavior too but i don't think it's ROM related. (One of my Calendars refuses to send Notifications no matter what i do when all the others are fine.)

Gave it a go, but sadly didn't work. Maybe it's a temporary glitch and a boot will help. I'll see how that goes when I next restart.

¿GotJazz?

Oct 9, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
OnePlus 6T
I flashed the Franco Kernel and now it seems better. Especially the standby akku drain over night has decreased...
But i'm also not 100 percent happy with the battery life in LOS 15.1

For the idle drain each custom kernel with @Lord Boeffla's wakelock blocker should help to some degree (Franco's, boeffla's, caesium - not limited to these, but for these three I'm sure they have the wl blocker), because our old friend timerfd is back (not always, havn't figuered out, what brought the ugly timerfd wl back).

Disableing wifi helps a lot: idle drain with wifi on is 0.8 - 1.1 %/h; with wifi disbled it's 0.3 to 0.6 %/h.

Check in the privacy settings all apps and disable keep awake for every App you don't need it to have this right

I tried your suggestions with loading Franco Kernel and disabling "Keep Awake" in Privacy settings.

I also installed GMail, which appears to have been a terrible idea.

Last night's idle drain was: 31%!!! :(

Battery Stats aren't showing anything useful, and Wakelocks were about 9%. Not sure how I can identify what is draining the battery.

I'll try disabling WiFi, but I expect that I may need to go back to Nougat if I can't figure out what's going wrong.

¿GJ?

artvas2000

Jul 16, 2017
I have the latest build of LOS 15.1, magisk and official twrp. Now all my data is available from recovery. I'd like to protect them. I had some questions: 1) how to encrypt them ? In the settings, click security & privacy→encryption & credentials→encrypt data ? 2) will updates be installed normally if data is encrypted ? Thanks in advance !

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
I tried your suggestions with loading Franco Kernel and disabling "Keep Awake" in Privacy settings.

Battery Stats aren't showing anything useful, and Wakelocks were about 9%. Not sure how I can identify what is draining the battery.

I'll try disabling WiFi, but I expect that I may need to go back to Nougat if I can't figure out what's going wrong.

¿GJ?

If you consider going back, you could make a clean install, make the initial setup and install kernel adiutor (for example, other apps you can have a look on the frequency usage are fine, too), but don't change any kernel setting.
After a few hours check the frequencies if the device sleeps well and doesn't hang on the top frequencies most of the time.

Then start setting up the rest of your apps and after each step you think it could possibly be a deal breaker for the devices sleeping, check again for a certain time if the drain started again.

As Tip: especially if you enable tools permanently monitoring the device like greenify, or possibly some xposed add-ons as well as changing kernel parameters you should do each of them one after the other and check that device still behaves normally

L

Sent from my OnePlus3 using XDA Labs

Reactions: ¿GotJazz?

ele95

Mar 15, 2016
Sarajevo
@dianlujitao is it possible to build LOS recovery for our 1+3 please , ill like to use it , thank you so much
link : https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/8pz4as/didnt_know_lineage_got_own_recovery/

---------- Post added at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

¿GJ?

i got 1-3 % battery drain overnight on stock kernel without any mod with stock openGapps and im so happy with it, yesterday i flashed boeffla kernel on AOSIP and got 0 battery drain overnight thats was crazy never got that on any other kernel and rom , ill try it on LOS to see hows it going

Nburnes

Sep 4, 2010
Google Pixel 5a
@dianlujitao I'm sure you'll find out on your own, but the latest merges to android_bionic specifically the ones involving linker and shims breaks applications on our devices.

@dianlujitao is it possible to build LOS recovery for our 1+3 please , ill like to use it , thank you so much
link : https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/8pz4as/didnt_know_lineage_got_own_recovery/

I can upload one for the 3T but it really is nothing special in terms of features.

Last edited:

Dirk

May 11, 2009

Dirk

May 11, 2009

I've been setting up a OP5 recently and i have not had a good experience so far with flash procedure in that version if TWRP.

While i was banging my head against a wall it went something like...

*Bang*

Why...

*Bang*

doesn't..

*Bang*

this...

*Bang*

work...

*Bang*

like it does...

*Bang*

on my OP3T

* Bang Bang Bang*

Argggghhhhhhh!

Be thankful for small mercies!

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2

¿GJ?

There's something wrong with your installation, maybe some app misbehaving (happens sometimes when we restore our apps with Titanium Backup, oandbackups, etc)?

My idle battery drain is 0.73% on build 20180611 with stock kernel. It could be lower if I didn't used Syncthing or left WiFi ON, but under 1% is acceptable for me.

I block unnecessary apps from running in the background with Privacy Guard and background data, but that's it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_EX_Kernel_Manager_20180613-020944.png
    Screenshot_EX_Kernel_Manager_20180613-020944.png
    151.7 KB · Views: 434
Last edited:

amitabh15

Dec 18, 2007
Canmore, AB
In the latest weekly no matter what I search for in settings search bar, nothing ever shows up. Even something simple as "sound" or "display" doesn't show up.

Does anyone know how to increase vibration intensity? Is there a setting for it?

Playa82

Jul 17, 2010
Germany
I get the problem that i cant enter my pin after rebooting. I did another reboot and get the numbers to enter the numbers just a second. I have to enter the pin quick or the numbers are gone. Somebody else with this problem ?

Does somebody got a solution for this. I still have to reboot a few times after every update to enter my sim pin beacuse ist disapears after 1 second when the phone is finished rebooting.

hnz101

Sep 20, 2010
Does somebody got a solution for this. I still have to reboot a few times after every update to enter my sim pin beacuse ist disapears after 1 second when the phone is finished rebooting.

Someone reported it, so let's hope there comes an fix for it in the near future: https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-1767
I saw it was already reported earlier but got closed pretty early because the dev couldn't reproduce it an no on provided debugging information.

As workaround, instead of rebooting and trying to be fast enough, you can disable the sim card in the options and re-enable it. Then the pin dialog stays open.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref