• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

SqueezyCheez

Dec 2, 2012
When the sluggines is there, but before the device is useable. Since one user mentioned increased ram usage, the output of "top -s 6 -n 1" woukd be helpful. And - of course - everything that seems strange to you or remarkable or ...

Oh, and you could check (after the above) with the issue still present, if it vanishs if you disable wifi and wait some minutes.

May I kindly ask to open a jira ticket. It's useful to have all information in one place, since I guess this will take longer, and it's nice to have all information in one place.

BTW: It's really great to know you are on board with hunting this ****er down! Thanx for your assistance!
I feel like I can replicate this pretty consistently by connecting to a Bluetooth speaker and starting up navigation in Google Maps. It works for about 1-2 minutes, and then starts lagging so badly that my music will stop playing intermittently. The phone will get very hot and reboot itself. It'll randomly do it throughout the day without connecting to Bluetooth as well.

Reactions: nvertigo67

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I feel like I can replicate this pretty consistently by connecting to a Bluetooth speaker and starting up navigation in Google Maps. It works for about 1-2 minutes, and then starts lagging so badly that my music will stop playing intermittently. The phone will get very hot and reboot itself. It'll randomly do it throughout the day without connecting to Bluetooth as well.

This happens after a clean flash on recent builds? What Firmware are you using? Any mods installed?

Fritzy62

Dec 6, 2015
Just found an error in what you've quoted from my posting. The "usable" in the first sentence should have been "unusable"...
This way the sentence make sense... Sorry.

I think I understood correctly (would be really bad if we had to wait for the phone to get usable ;)). I have added my info to https://jira.lineageos.org/browse/BUGBASH-2258 to keep all in one place. I had a solid freeze this weekend (not near my PC) and just now getting back from work phone got sluggish again. I also included the top-info you requested. If you need anything else, just holler.

On a totally unrelated topic (I will try to fix it myself or open a bug report); since a couple of version my alarm clock does not go off anymore when phone is sleeping. Never a dull moment. <g>

Cheers,
F.

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

Using Google Maps (or Android Auto for that matter) does seem to bring about the sluggishness quicker than other things. I recognize the getting warm. No reboot (by itself) though in my case. I have updated the ticket.

SqueezyCheez

Dec 2, 2012
This happens after a clean flash on recent builds? What Firmware are you using? Any mods installed?
I haven't done a clean flash in several months... just nightly updates about once a month. Lately I've been doing the updates with every nightly release with the hope that this bug goes away.

I don't have any mods... just straight up LineageOS.

I cleared cache, deleted data for Maps and the Bluetooth application... nothing has worked as of yet.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I'd be surprised if a single one of the outstanding issues on Jira gets fixed now. All efforts will be focused on Pie soon. Are the people who are having issues jumping on the Pie train at the earliest opportunity, or sticking with Oreo for a while? If it's the former there's little point in chasing a fix. If the latter, it might be wise to find a stable Oreo ROM. They're all about as good as they're going to get now. I'd recommend the nvertigo build as it continues to get support and improvements.

---------- Post added at 18:34 ---------- Previous post was at 18:32 ----------

I haven't done a clean flash in several months... just nightly updates about once a month. Lately I've been doing the updates with every nightly release with the hope that this bug goes away.

I don't have any mods... just straight up LineageOS.

I cleared cache, deleted data for Maps and the Bluetooth application... nothing has worked as of yet.

And the Firmware...? (Not the ROM, the Firmware?)

I'm getting the feeling yours might be very outdated.

SqueezyCheez

Dec 2, 2012
I'd be surprised if a single one of the outstanding issues on Jira gets fixed now. All efforts will be focused on Pie soon. Are the people who are having issues jumping on the Pie train at the earliest opportunity, or sticking with Oreo for a while? If it's the former there's little point in chasing a fix. If the latter, it might be wise to find a stable Oreo ROM. They're all about as good as they're going to get now. I'd recommend the nvertigo build as it continues to get support and improvements.

Good question... I just always updated the ROM. Is the firmware the same as the baseband or kernel? How do I update it?

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Good question... I just always updated the ROM. Is the firmware the same as the baseband or kernel? How do I update it?

HA! I was right. Getting good at spotting this. There are still people who don't understand how unified builds work. I'll give you two cent tour.

The OP3 and 3T are close enough Hardware wise to be able to use the same ROM builds. There are things that are unique to both though and have to be separated out from the ROM. That's a 'Firmware' .zip package and the correct one for your device must be used.

We have threads maintained by people with just the Firmware Packages It's a good idea to keep the Firmware updated so keep an eye on the Firmware thread for your device:

This thread seems to have Firmware for both devices:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-3/how-to/op3-flashable-firmware-modem-zips-t3816066

Make sure you use the one meant for your device. Firmware can be flashed any time so you should update yours now! If you flash a new ROM it doesn't touch your Firmware which will remain as it is. Got it?

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011

I can only speak for me: this "randomly" (randomly, because I don't know the cause by now) occuring issues are not only hard to debug, but it's even harder to collect (and tell) the relevant data from this thread. It's great to have them in one place. I really really appriciate the work of @SqueezyCheez and @Fritzy62 on the jira ticket. Of course I can't promise I'll fix it, but I promise I'll look into later this week or at the beginning of next week.
@Fritzy62 and @SqueezyCheez: @dirk doesn't meant to discourge you to report on jira! I'm sure he wants to encourage the devs to look at jira.

The info on maps makes my gut feeling it could be worth a try to install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview , go to devops and select the newly installed webview. Reboot and check if it helps (just a guess, but...).

Reactions: Fritzy62 and Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I can only speak for me: this "randomly" (randomly, because I don't know the cause by now) occuring issues are not only hard to debug, but it's even harder to collect (and tell) the relevant data from this thread. .

I think we've found SqueezyCheez's issue at least.

Anyone else in this thread still using horribly outdated Firmware? Hope not now.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
HA! I was right. Getting good at spotting this.

SCNR:
You alwayas recommend a more current fw. Even a broken (analog) clock shows the correct time twice a day... *lol*

Seriously: @Dirk 's right - almost every time!
@dianlujitao: probably it's a good idea to push the fw asset to ob29 or even 5.0.4. The first oreo fw's definetly make trouble with recent builds.

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
SCNR:
You alwayas recommend a more current fw. Even a broken (analog) clock shows the correct time twice a day... *lol*

People who know Firmware usually mention what version they're using when reporting issues. When they don't it's the first thing i check. That and TWRP, depending on the issue.

This is why 1st level Tech Support always ask "is it plugged in". Often, it's not! :p

Fritzy62

Dec 6, 2015

Xzorg6

Jul 4, 2010
I think we've found SqueezyCheez's issue at least.

Anyone else in this thread still using horribly outdated Firmware? Hope not now.

I'm on the last Firmware OP3T_5.0.5 with the lag bug.
But the lag could be related since the install of OP3T_5.0.4 (I was on OP3T_Beta30 before in July, at this time I never got any lag).

Already on the com.google.android.webview 68.0.3440.91 over the past weeks. And tested Chrome / the one integraded before that without results for the lag bug.

Last edited:

SqueezyCheez

Dec 2, 2012
I can only speak for me: this "randomly" (randomly, because I don't know the cause by now) occuring issues are not only hard to debug, but it's even harder to collect (and tell) the relevant data from this thread. It's great to have them in one place. I really really appriciate the work of @SqueezyCheez and @Fritzy62 on the jira ticket. Of course I can't promise I'll fix it, but I promise I'll look into later this week or at the beginning of next week.

@Fritzy62 and @SqueezyCheez: @dirk doesn't meant to discourge you to report on jira! I'm sure he wants to encourage the devs to look at jira.

The info on maps makes my gut feeling it could be worth a try to install https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.webview , go to devops and select the newly installed webview. Reboot and check if it helps (just a guess, but...).
I updated the firmware... it didn't help anything. I also already had Android System Webview installed... I uninstalled and reinstalled it anyway. Still randomly locking up. Not being able to use my Bluetooth helmet with navigation is driving me crazy! I downloaded one of those system monitor apps that will show me CPU/RAM usage on apps... so when it starts lagging out, maybe I'll be able to find the source through that. I'm hoping so anyway.

UPDATE: Didn't show anything other than super high CPU usage. The individual apps all stated that they weren't using much individually.

Last edited:

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
Sadly, but autobrightness doesn't work properly. Too laggy to adopt the change and too bright.
Hope to be fixed soon. For now I'm with manual brightness settings.

Reactions: pedritopl

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Sadly, but autobrightness doesn't work properly. Too laggy to adopt the change and too bright.
Hope to be fixed soon. For now I'm with manual brightness settings.

For me it's working good enough: i.e. if I switch on the light in a dark room, the brightness is adjusted properly within 1 - 1.5 sec. Since "laggy" is very subjective this may be to much for you to use it, but within this time frame I wouldn't say it's not working properly, nor call it a bug or an issue. YMMV.

EDIT: even with auto brigtness you can reduce overall brightness, if it's too bright for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: cukierkas

cukierkas

May 26, 2010
For me it's working good enough: i.e. if I switch on the light in a dark room, the brightness is adjusted properly within 1 - 1.5 sec. Since "laggy" is very subjective this may be to much for you to use it, but within this time frame I wouldn't say it's not working properly, nor call it a bug or an issue. YMMV.
Thanks God, Google helped me with this kind of urban abbreviations :D
Laggy- let me explain. Again I will do comparison with sultanxda LA 14.1, if you allow me. With 15.1 there are less steps and adaptation is more choppy. But that maybe my fantasy. I know, that it's hard to implement, you have told me that in your thread in the past.
Guessed I'm not the only one and this kind of choppiness came along with usual weekly.
Regards.

Last edited:

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
@SqueezyCheez and @Fritzy62:

After examine the logs and top-output I still don't know what causes this - at least I'm pretty sure what it isn't: there's no memory leak (at least not as cause, probably another sympthom kicking in later).

Maps doesn't seem to be the issue, either: Today I connected my Move BT and used maps for navigating (pain in the ass, when used to navigon), while listening to tinein. I used this setup for over six hours. Adding destination, restarting the route function, zoom in and out and changing the mode quite some times. maps was running all the time, as well as tunein and the bt headset was connected all the time: no lagging, no overheating.

This doesn't mean maps can't trigger this under some circumstances - but these circumstancies arn't present on my device, nor have I seen any evidence in your logs and top-output, that maps is a resource hog on cpu or mem.

Which gapps package do you use?

SqueezyCheez

Dec 2, 2012

@SqueezyCheez and @Fritzy62:

After examine the logs and top-output I still don't know what causes this - at least I'm pretty sure what it isn't: there's no memory leak (at least not as cause, probably another sympthom kicking in later).

Maps doesn't seem to be the issue, either: Today I connected my Move BT and used maps for navigating (pain in the ass, when used to navigon), while listening to tinein. I used this setup for over six hours. Adding destination, restarting the route function, zoom in and out and changing the mode quite some times. maps was running all the time, as well as tunein and the bt headset was connected all the time: no lagging, no overheating.

This doesn't mean maps can't trigger this under some circumstances - but these circumstancies arn't present on my device, nor have I seen any evidence in your logs and top-output, that maps is a resource hog on cpu or mem.

Which gapps package do you use?

I think I use the stock gapps package... Whichever one mention that it's the apps that come stock with Nexus devices.

I just used Bluetooth via my speaker and it froze after around 10 minutes. It froze again after a reset as soon as I opened my texting app... but that time it eventually came back. I also ALWAYS have Bluetooth turned on... not always connected to a device though. This is driving me crazy!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref