[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

Playa82

Jul 17, 2010
Germany
sorry guys, i donno what i did wrong. but after i tried a clean flash i bricked my phone after error 7 :-/ now i try to unbrick it.

EddyH1993

Dec 6, 2014
Is there a setting that stops the power button been enabled whilst the screen is off. Like when the proximity checks before dt2w is enabled, maybe include the power button to this setting too? I know its a feature on oos, I thought it would of been on here too.

dianlujitao

Jan 27, 2013
Xi'an
yuko.moe
Once again, enabling USB debugging and leaving it enabled does not make the notification appear after every reboot. The notification will not appear after reboot no matter what. Toggling USB Debugging, or USB Configuration , after a reboot will make it appear again...but only until the next reboot.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou....1.64.psy-ab..1.6.718...0i131k1.0.psRgsoxf8TQ

Edit: If you think about it the answer is somewhat obvious. There's clearly some part of the Android system dealing with USB, a service perhaps, that's supposed to start at Boot but doesn't. Toggling anything to do with USB once the device has started then starts the service. Normal operation resumes. I'm certain that if we pursue this line of reasoning it will lead us to the answer.

@megatomic @dianlujitao

It's a lineage bug https://review.lineageos.org/#/c/209834/

Playa82

Jul 17, 2010
Germany
ok guys, after a few tries (many, many, many) i got my phone back to life and i have to start from the beginning. thank god

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk

endstille

GPS seems to be quite unreliable to my since i upgraded from LOS14 to LOS15.1. Is there something i can reset (except datawipe) that might improve the situation, so that i don't loose gps location while driving? In some weeks i will drive to UK; then i will depend on gps very much :) Thank you in advance.

Dirk

May 11, 2009
GPS seems to be quite unreliable to my since i upgraded from LOS14 to LOS15.1. Is there something i can reset (except datawipe) that might improve the situation, so that i don't loose gps location while driving? In some weeks i will drive to UK; then i will depend on gps very much :) Thank you in advance.

Don't worry. We only have four roads and one of those just goes around in a circle!

If all else fails use the Dirk Gently method. Find someone who looks like they know where they are going, and follow them.

Reactions: Vlad83

Robbo.5000

wish they would add this again :(
It will be added back in eventually.
I read recently that the issue is that they are trying to decide on whether to tweak the existing functionality to work in LOS 15.1 or to rewrite it from scratch, seeing as they have just rewritten Trebuchet for 15.1.
Didn't give any timescales on when it's likely to be decided and worked on.
This was from an official LOS developer.
I thought I read this in the LOS forums, but can't find it there, so unfortunately cannot link to the post/article or whatever it was I read.
Have also checked the bug tracker and found nothing there. If I find it again I'll post the link.

bian_ki

Mar 22, 2018
St. Petersburg
I noticed that the left slider button (normal sound / vibrate / silent) doesn't work like it used to in OxygenOS.

Bottom position triggers normal mode as always, with vibration on.
Middle position: silent icon is shown, sound is on (!), no vibration.
Top position: same silent icon is shown, no sound or vibration.

So in middle position we have sound with silent icon, I think this is a bug.

I'm running Lineage OS for microG, build 15.1-20180319.
I think the same bug is in official build, please confirm if not.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I forgot to tell you that fingerprint sensor feels slower now, compared to OxygenOS.
Is it a driver-related issue?

Dirk

May 11, 2009
I noticed that the left slider button (normal sound / vibrate / silent) doesn't work like it used to in OxygenOS.

Bottom position triggers normal mode as always, with vibration on.
Middle position: silent icon is shown, sound is on (!), no vibration.
Top position: same silent icon is shown, no sound or vibration.

So in middle position we have sound with silent icon, I think this is a bug.

This all depends on how you set it up. First use Button settings to decide what you want for each position. If you have one set to Priority Only, you need to set up in Sound settings what Priority allows. The Icon can always be hidden from Status Bar settings if it annoys you.

BTW, It's Normal/Priority/Silent(Alarms Only) not Normal/Vibrate/Silent by default.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

Don't worry. We only have four roads and one of those just goes around in a circle!

If all else fails use the Dirk Gently method. Find someone who looks like they know where they are going, and follow them.

Your point. *lol*

I've always thought relaying on the holistic method means, you don't need any positioning system, because everything is interconnected to everything else; meaning Dirk Gently is always there, where he needs to be... ;) Have a great tea time!

Reactions: d3xtr0 and Dirk

SoMeiBoL

Nov 19, 2013
Andalucía
GPS icon in the notification bar, but it's disabled ...

Screenshot_Ajustes_20180322-150523.jpg
Screenshot_Ajustes_20180322-150518.png

I have created an interactive report from development options, in case it is necessary to share it.

LineageOS 15.1 19-03-18, Magisk 16.2, ElementalX kernel 4.05.

Edit: Line 296-416-422-425-548
Screenshot_Logcat_Reader_20180322-163427.png
View attachment logcat.txt

Last edited:

Rustysponge

Nov 21, 2012
Munich
This all depends on how you set it up. First use Button settings to decide what you want for each position. If you have one set to Priority Only, you need to set up in Sound settings what Priority allows. The Icon can always be hidden from Status Bar settings if it annoys you.

BTW, It's Normal/Priority/Silent(Alarms Only) not Normal/Vibrate/Silent by default.

I also noticed this behaviour some days ago - I think bian_ki refers to the general volume, e.g. of a game or video - and this setting is not changed by the button when set to the middle position, only when it's set to "Silent". In "Normal" and "Priority" nothing is muted except for alarms and incoming calls.
In OOS the middle position also muted the general sound of games and videos and as far as I can see there is no option for this in the Sound settings (yet?).

Similar problems: When the button is set to "Silent" everything is muted, even with a BT headset connected to the phone - no way to listen to Spotify in "Silent" mode via a BT headset. But when I'm listening in "Priority" or "Normal" mode and get a call, the phone starts ringing via the internal speaker, which is kind of annoying... ;)

Reactions: RcK17 and Dirk
D

Deleted member 4405529

GPS icon in the notification bar, but it's disabled ...

View attachment 4454496
View attachment 4454497

I have created an interactive report from development options, in case it is necessary to share it.

LineageOS 15.1 19-03-18, Magisk 16.2, ElementalX kernel 4.05.

Edit: Line 296-416-422-425-548
View attachment 4454578
View attachment 4454587

Since I can't see the notification icon in the status bar, but the qs location tile, I guess you want to get rid of the qs tile: expand the qs tiles, tap on the small pencil icon and drag the tile you don't want to see down to the qs edit area.

If you want the qs tile in the expanded tiles, but not in the six small qs tiles in the non-expanded view, drag the unwated tile somewhere behind tge first six qs tiles.

The location qs tile is not meant to disapear, if location service is disabled: you can use the grayed out tile to reactivate and configure your location service.

If I misunderstood your screenshots, forget the above - I don't understand the Spanish language.

The location icon everybody is talking about on the last pages, is the one in the status bar, which should only be displayed, if an app is activly requesting location. Sadly this logic is currently broken: it doesn't disapear, if the gps sensor is not actively used.

SoMeiBoL

Nov 19, 2013
Andalucía
Since I can't see the notification icon in the status bar, but the qs location tile, I guess you want to get rid of the qs tile: expand the qs tiles, tap on the small pencil icon and drag the tile you don't want to see down to the qs edit area.

If you want the qs tile in the expanded tiles, but not in the six small qs tiles in the non-expanded view, drag the unwated tile somewhere behind tge first six qs tiles.

The location qs tile is not meant to disapear, if location service is disabled: you can use the grayed out tile to reactivate and configure your location service.

If I misunderstood your screenshots, forget the above - I don't understand the Spanish language.

The location icon everybody is talking about on the last pages, is the one in the status bar, which should only be displayed, if an app is activly requesting location. Sadly this logic is currently broken: it doesn't disapear, if the gps sensor is not actively used.

Thanks, it was the second, maybe I explained wrong. I'm glad to see that the bug is reported :)

bian_ki

Mar 22, 2018
St. Petersburg

I see, but there's still no way to keep vibration in Silent...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref