Search This thread

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Gooood moooooorning xda!

lineage-15.1-20181023-nightly-oneplus3 is up for OTA

My question is about downloading this update... do I use my fibre optic home broadband at 150 MB/s or my phone's 4G/LTE connection at 127.65 MB/s or go down the pub and use their free Wi-Fi at 17 MB/s? :D

If you're redirected to mirrorhub.io you will download at 20-100Kbps, so... go to the pub? :p

For everyone else: https://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/lineageos/full/oneplus3/20181023/

Reactions: iron@ss

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Gooood moooooorning xda!

lineage-15.1-20181023-nightly-oneplus3 is up for OTA

My question is about downloading this update... do I use my fibre optic home broadband at 150 MB/s or my phone's 4G/LTE connection at 127.65 MB/s or go down the pub and use their free Wi-Fi at 17 MB/s? :D

The real question is how many Pints of Fosters can you get down in those five minutes? ;)

iron@ss

Apr 4, 2011
Cotswolds, England
The real question is how many Pints of Fosters can you get down in those five minutes? ;)

If you're offering to buy Dirk... 5 pints! :silly:

Downloading is only a small part for me as I use the ElementalX-OP3-4.12-los kernel because I find that it offers me the fastest and most accurate GPS lock and is highly configurable and battery friendly, using the ElementalX Kernel Manager from the Play Store. For my purposes, ElementalX beats stock, Caesium and Franco kernels.

So, you can see, it is very important for me to carry out these updates and testing in a convivial atmosphere. :D

Reactions: Dirk

Dirk

May 11, 2009
So, you can see, it is very important for me to carry out these updates and testing in a convivial atmosphere. :D

No scientific testing would be complete without a laboratory for your rigorous experiments. And no laboratory would be complete without a full array of glassware containing noxious, and potentially lethal, fluids. ;)

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Official LOS 16.0 tidbit:

"Icons won't change this time, nor I think wallpapers for the time being (maybe a new one could be added but no decision has been taken so far).

Regarding style we'll be using to the material components to get a more consistent branding across our apps: we won't be turning everything round as google has done in pixel nor we will deviate too much from the ( O ) aosp style because that's what our users like."

https://www.reddit.com/r/LineageOS/comments/9r4bo7/visual_style_of_lineage_16/

GR0S

Jun 10, 2012
What is kernel config file filename for this device? Also what gcc version is currently used at lineageos build servers? I'm going to build TTL iptables module

D

Deleted member 4405529

What is kernel config file filename for this device? Also what gcc version is currently used at lineageos build servers? I'm going to build TTL iptables module

https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...lus3/blob/lineage-15.1/BoardConfig.mk#L71-L72
https://github.com/LineageOS/android/blob/lineage-15.1/default.xml#L491

EDIT:
Code:
./prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/aarch64-linux-android-gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=/mnt/export/data/src/los15/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/real-aarch64-linux-android-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/mnt/export/data/src/los15/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/aarch64/aarch64-linux-android-4.9/bin/../libexec/gcc/aarch64-linux-android/4.9.x/lto-wrapper
Target: aarch64-linux-android
Configured with: /usr/local/google/buildbot/src/android/gcc/toolchain/build/../gcc/gcc-4.9/configure --prefix=/tmp/379ff75b5937fff979453ee943dd77c6 --target=aarch64-linux-android --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --enable-languages=c,c++ --with-gmp=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --with-mpfr=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --with-mpc=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --with-cloog=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --with-isl=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --with-ppl=/buildbot/tmp/build/toolchain/temp-install --disable-ppl-version-check --disable-cloog-version-check --disable-isl-version-check --enable-cloog-backend=isl --with-host-libstdcxx='-static-libgcc -Wl,-Bstatic,-lstdc++,-Bdynamic -lm' --disable-libssp --enable-threads --disable-nls --disable-libmudflap --disable-libgomp --disable-libstdc__-v3 --disable-sjlj-exceptions --disable-shared --disable-tls --disable-libitm --enable-bionic-libs --enable-libatomic-ifuncs=no --enable-initfini-array --disable-nls --prefix=/tmp/379ff75b5937fff979453ee943dd77c6 --with-sysroot=/tmp/379ff75b5937fff979453ee943dd77c6/sysroot --with-binutils-version=2.25 --with-mpfr-version=3.1.1 --with-mpc-version=1.0.1 --with-gmp-version=5.0.5 --with-gcc-version=4.9 --with-gdb-version=none --with-gxx-include-dir=/tmp/379ff75b5937fff979453ee943dd77c6/include/c++/4.9.x --with-bugurl=http://source.android.com/source/report-bugs.html --enable-languages=c,c++ --disable-bootstrap --enable-plugins --enable-libgomp --enable-gnu-indirect-function --disable-libsanitizer --enable-gold --enable-ld=default --enable-threads --enable-eh-frame-hdr-for-static --enable-fix-cortex-a53-835769 --enable-graphite=yes --with-isl-version=0.11.1 --with-cloog-version=0.18.0 --program-transform-name='s&^&aarch64-linux-android-&' --enable-gold
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.9.x 20150123 (prerelease) (GCC)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dirk and GR0S

takui

Sep 18, 2013
Hi guys, I'm coming from RR rom and I've a lot of problems with android auto... I've read somewhere that it maybe works with lineage but RR is based on lineage too so before flashing this I wanna ask directly... Did some of you tried AA and it works totally fine? For me after random time (may be 10 or 30 mins)it freeze and I've to unplug it and use it from the phone cos it doesn't reconnect to the car anymore for at least 15 mins... Thanks guys

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Hi guys, I'm coming from RR rom and I've a lot of problems with android auto... I've read somewhere that it maybe works with lineage but RR is based on lineage too so before flashing this I wanna ask directly... Did some of you tried AA and it works totally fine? For me after random time (may be 10 or 30 mins)it freeze and I've to unplug it and use it from the phone cos it doesn't reconnect to the car anymore for at least 15 mins... Thanks guys

Have you disabled Battery Optimisation for the app? It's being killed in the window of time that is suspiciously like Doze doing it's thing.

takui

Sep 18, 2013
Have you disabled Battery Optimisation for the app? It's being killed in the window of time that is suspiciously like Doze doing it's thing.

Hm no, never...I've disabled it now, let's see if it change something...thanks mate, even if I think it's some deep problem than just doze :/

Dirk

May 11, 2009
Hm no, never...I've disabled it now, let's see if it change something...thanks mate, even if I think it's some deep problem than just doze :/

It might be something the App relies upon, rather than the app itself being killed. Android is so aggressive now at trying to limit background activity that it's becoming useless as an app platform. If apps can't run, what's the point?

A logcat would probably uncover the cause of the problem. Have you taken one before?

HiBoU974

Dec 23, 2010

I've flashed mindthegapps(dirty flash), cleared cache Google play services, reboot and problem solved. ?

takui

Sep 18, 2013
It might be something the App relies upon, rather than the app itself being killed. Android is so aggressive now at trying to limit background activity that it's becoming useless as an app platform. If apps can't run, what's the point?

A logcat would probably uncover the cause of the problem. Have you taken one before?
That's my feeling too..no nover, I've just dl catlog app now, I'll try next time i will use Android auto and see if i can understand something, even read it lol

Dirk

May 11, 2009
That's my feeling too..no nover, I've just dl catlog app now, I'll try next time i will use Android auto and see if i can understand something, even read it lol

Capturing the moment the app freezes would be great. You can post up the logcat here. I'm sure somebody will be able to make sense of the gobbledegook.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 8.1 (Oreo), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 15.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • SELinux works in permissive enforcing mode
    • You need at least OxygenOS 5.0 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 15.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Latest official TWRP is highly recommended: https://twrp.me/oneplus/oneplusthree.html)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-01-23
    Last Updated 2018-11-16
    Is it possible for Project Treble to be implemented? I was thinking of using the extra space from /bt_firmware (1GB) for /vendor. Thanks.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

OnePlus is evaluating official treblized Oreo, now the key problem for them is how to make Treble migration through OTA, according to their engineers. We have a 1.5G unused partition which can be used as /vendor. I don't know if they'll eventually make the change, but as they have positive progress on that, personally I suggest not to do 3rd party experiments in case breaking compatibility with the (possible) incoming official Treble builds.
    deep sleep issue will be fixed in the next weekly
    New build is up. What you care most, video recording is fixed.
    Oneplus already said they wont suport treble for oneplus 3 https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/join-our-oneplus-5t-ama-now.686679/page-9#post-17146313

so why not develop 3rd party suport for treble?

You have 2017 news, I have 2018 news:p

btw full treble is impossible with the current camera driver, see https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...mmit/030ee5d902fdbabd85d827a8598a3fb7fe37fc7f for ref