[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

cfli1688c1

May 10, 2012
how do i swap the recent and back key?

** nvm, found it, search for swap in settings

Last edited:

hellcat50

I suspected that. In Cupertino everything needs to be done in a unique and proprietary way...

You misunderstood me. Since I've no hands on airpods, you need to compare... I just wanted to give a hint, what may be related to the issue.
I fear, you are on your own here: since the bt changes in the rom seem to work for non Cupertino-tainted (SCNR) hardware, los will not revert them (especially if they are part of Q_asb_2021-01); the devs of andropod may help, but will probably focus on stock roms... Sorry.

EDIT: For both of the logs with andropod installed: Did you open the widget before getting the log? Because in both logs there's no attempt to query the battery info of 14:C8:8B:C2:FA:F9 (the bt address of your airpods).
Update: The dev unfortunately didn't answer, but that's not a problem because since the march security patch update, the app works again! So maybe it was a bug with the security patch itself which google fixed, idk. But it works again, that's what counts :)

risheek7

Nov 12, 2019
Airtel volte isn't working for me, however other networks are working just fine. (on both los 17.1 and 18.1)

risheek7

Nov 12, 2019
you are right. for airtel if you want volte to work, you need to modify build.prop . the modification is there in this thread.

I tried that, it didn't do anything. It is really disappointing and annoying that no one is doing anything about this problem from such a long time, even tho a ton of builds have been released @dianlujitao could you please pay attention to this?

giovanniro98

Mar 17, 2014
I tried that, it didn't do anything. It is really disappointing and annoying that no one is doing anything about this problem from such a long time, even tho a ton of builds have been released @dianlujitao could you please pay attention to this?
Could you please be kind with the dev?
He is not payed to mantain this rom and you should be grateful that our old device is still receving official builds.
I'm sure that if he could fix he will fix, but please be patient.

risheek7

Nov 12, 2019
Could you please be kind with the dev?
He is not payed to mantain this rom and you should be grateful that our old device is still receving official builds.
I'm sure that if he could fix he will fix, but please be patient.
I am sorry that i lost patience after having waited from previous year. I didn't mean to be unkind and I respect @dianlujitao for what he does for our device.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
I don't know how to do this, but since it's all open source, can't someone (who knows how to) make the changes and commit to the repo for the next build?

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
Check this list. Maybe you can add QZSS or NAVCI instead.

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
This one?:
https://www.deviceranks.com/en/phone/6235/zuk-z2 (and the z2pro)
This is what the spec's are saying:
Navigation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo

Edit 1:
Additional, here you can find a list of all smartphones which are currently able to use Galileo, which are about 30 phones.
Though, I have no idea which one is using 'our' chipset and it seems the Zuk Z2 (Pro) is not one of them...
https://www.usegalileo.eu/EN/inner.html#data=smartphone

Edit 2:
I have compared some lists:
https://www.usegalileo.eu/EN/inner.html#data=smartphone
https://galileognss.eu/is-your-phone-using-galileo/
and
https://www.gizmotimes.com/lists/list-of-phones-powered-by-qualcomm-snapdragon-821/16889
https://www.kimovil.com/en/list-smartphones-by-processor/qualcomm-snapdragon-821-msm8996-pro
https://www.akshatblog.com/snapdragon-821/
etc....
Unfortunately this is not giving a match.
So I think we are stuck on the old GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou networks, it seems Galileo is not there for us....
According to this tread for the Zuk Z2 pro, there is Galileo support

Also maybe the Samsung Galaxy Note Fan edition(Snapdragon version/US) could support it. @nvertigo should check it out.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
For galileo:
Please read my previous posts and don't suggest devices w/o native android 9 (or better 10) blobs. The los 16 and 17 builds for the z2 don't use native z2 blobs, but kanged blobs, which doesn't support galileo... :(

Reactions: borisSweden

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
For galileo:
Please read my previous posts and don't suggest devices w/o native android 9 (or better 10) blobs. The los 16 and 17 builds for the z2 don't use native z2 blobs, but kanged blobs, which doesn't support galileo... :(
What about the Samsung Galaxy Note Fan Edition(SD/US)? It was released the same time as the TAB S3.
Edit: it's the revised Note 7 that doesnt explode

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
Did you check the prerequisites I've mentioned? What's the samsung model number? What's the los code name?
You know what, I got to existed that there was a US model of the Fan Edition. Actually it's the botched Note 7 so finding firmware will be impossible. But you asked model numbers so here they are:

Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 modelsEdit

• SM-N9300 (China Open Model)
  • SM-N930V (USA Verizon Wireless)
  • SM-N930AZ (USA Cricket Wireless)
  • SM-N930P (USA Sprint)
  • SM-N930T (USA T-Mobile US)
  • SM-N930R4 (USA US Cellular)
  • SM-N930R4 (USA Straight Talk)
  • SM-N9308 (China Mobile)
  • SM-N930U (USA Unlocked)
  • SM-N930A (USA AT&T)
  • SM-N930W8 (Canada)
BTW, would it be possible to find a solution in SD6XX series chips as the SD820/821 spec was passed to budget? There are many 14nm SoCs
Also after I looked at the GPStest database, a Google Pixel OG was spotted with QSZZ support, I have not confirmed this yet, I asked the OG Pixel forum.

Last edited:

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
You know what, I got to existed that there was a US model of the Fan Edition. Actually it's the botched Note 7 so finding firmware will be impossible.

It's not possible to kang blobs from the firmware, if the firmware is not available/accessible.

I highly doubt blobs for other socs will work on msm8996pro/msm8996.

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
OnePlus 7T
It's not possible to kang blobs from the firmware, if the firmware is not available/accessible.

I highly doubt blobs for other socs will work on msm8996pro/msm8996.
Is there anything not GNSS related that can be salvaged from other MSM8996/pro devices?
I have questions if you could kindly answer.

1. Is it the X12 modem that handles Bluetooth, cellular, GNSS, radio?
  2. Is there a hardware requirement like a antenna for the other GNSS signals? The MSM8996/Pro supports USB-3 but we as users cant activate that speed because of Oneplus adding a proprietary USB port and blob for Dash charging. HW stops it.
  3. Argument for the use of SD630,SD636,SD660,SD665,SD675 modem firmware is the use of Magisk Module firmware for the Aderno GPU. If its possible with that use case, there is a chance for it to work. Also it opens up more volte profiles to use with the Jamal tutorial instead of CNVParse of Sony modem firmware. playing around with EFS is hard.
  4. Nearly all SoC using the X12 are the same, its just the 820/821 was rebranded and tweaked to be resold.
Or this can be summarized like the Oneplus 3 having support for Cat12 but Oneplus was cheap and only soldered to Cat6 with the X12 modem. Basically it's a X8 modem.

Last edited:

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
The last 17.1 build (20210329) is about to be removed from LineageOS' website, so here's a copy/mirror in case someone needs it in the future.

lineage-17.1-20210329-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip:
- download (sha256)
- recovery (sha256)
- torrent (build + recovery)

Hosted at the Internet Archive. Not the best speeds, but should remain online for a long time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog:
    • Initial release

• Sync latest source
    • Fix bluetooth

• Sync latest source
    • Fix wifi display
    • Ship Snap
    • Fix vulkan graphics
    • Pass safetynet
    • Fix crash of some native services

• Sync latest source
    • SELiunx working in enforcing mode now
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Update blobs from OOS 9.0.6
    • Fix suspend when AOD is on
    • Happy new year!

• Sync latest source
    • Fix ril of the last build
    • Update blobs from LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Add backuptools
    • Other trivial fixes

• Official nightlies started

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-10-24
    Last Updated 2020-06-26
    FYI, oneplus3 has just been added ... Now let's wait for merging.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/267517

Code:
    # LineageOS build target list
    # <device> <build_type> <branch name> <period ("N"ightly, "W"eekly, "M"onthly)>
    # Nightly lineage-17.1
    beryllium userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    chiron userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d851 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d852 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d855 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    dipper userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    discovery userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    enchilada userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    f400 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    fajita userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    gts4lvwifi userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    guacamole userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h830 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h910 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h918 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h990 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    I01WD userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jactivelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jflteatt userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltespr userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltevzw userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltexx userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfvelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    kirin userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    ls997 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    mermaid userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    nash userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    [B]oneplus3 userdebug lineage-17.1 N[/B]
    pioneer userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    polaris userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    rs988 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    sagit userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    us996 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs985 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs995 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    z2_plus userdebug lineage-17.1 N

Thank you @dianlujitao !

Edit: about addonsu package and PrivacyGuard ... https://www.xda-developers.com/line...-addonsu-implementation-favor-magisk-manager/
    Are you the gcam man? If so, thanks a million for your work and your latest works fine and dandy on this build.
    "gcam man" - that sounds interesting ;) yes, thanks.
    Thanks a lot dianlujitao for supporting LOS for OP3.
    Thanks, @dianlujitao, for this. Great to have Android 10 running on an encrypted phone.
    I've been playing around with it all day and here's what I've found so far:

Clean install with Gapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/ and Magisk 20 stable. Once I set the security patch date to 2019-08-01 I passed SafetyNet and was able to set up my credit card with Google Pay.

Missing:
    - accent colours in settings>display>style>accent colour, though they are available in settings>developer options>accent colour
    - battery text doesn't display

Broken:
    - NFC: shows as being permanently on and can't be turned off; doesn't register on terminals
    - Gallery shows album images in the Music directory (in Los 16 it ignores them). I've had to add a .nomedia file to the directory.
    - settings>display>style>dark mode>Black causes LineageOS Settings to stop
    - Digital Wellbeing keeps stopping (logs attached)
    - BT connects/disconnects continuously when connected to my car (logs attached)

And that's all the issues I've got at the moment. Everything else is working fine.
    I'll have a better idea of battery drain after tonight.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
    I believe it doesn't apply to our device (A only). See the section on recovery in https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

TWRP is still recommended, lineage recovery does NOT support FDE thus you might encounter problems when installing magisk and opengapps