• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

MJPollard

Sep 14, 2011
Wixom, Michigan
Thanks, appreciated. I figured there were some extra things that needed doing, I just didn't know what they were. (I'm just tinkering around with it, anyway, as I have no intention of moving off Pie as my daily driver any time soon. I probably could have waited longer before experimenting, until 17 was beyond the alpha stage, but I've been itching to do something new ever since I got Pie up and running with all the features I wanted.)

There's a good reason why OP calls it an experimental build instead of alpha or beta... Rebuilding experimental needs skilld and patience... ;)
Such insight. I never would have guessed. ;)

clavelm80

Jan 9, 2017
Annecy
OnePlus 9 Pro
I have installed LineageOS 17 20191024 from LineageOS 16.
I had encrypted my phone.
I had to format data for 17 to work OK.
I've upgraded to 17 20191025 and I was in a bootloop, going back to recovery after entering the boot encryption password.
I tried downgrading to 20191024 but still a bootloop.
After wiping data, 20191025 booted OK.
I'm using magisk 20.

In 20191025 I've found a problem : when using the wifi sharing, the phone soft boot.

Thanks for the build of LineageOS 17.

Edit: also, Trust Data protection is not working, you can't set it on apps and advanced options forced closes.

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Thanks for the report, bluetooth should be fixed in 1025 build, for Digital Wellbeing crash you should probably report to opengapps devs, I'm not sure.
NFC works fine for me, it wound be nice if you could grab related logs.
I can confirm that BT is fixed for me on 1025 build.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
I clean installed 1025. While NFC turns on and off normally and I've successfully set up my card in Google Pay, the terminal doesn't recognise the phone. Logs attached.

Attachments

• 191027-083004-nfc-pay.zip
    52.4 KB · Views: 15

chtitlou

Jan 26, 2011
Paris
First of all, thank you very much for this amazing job.
I didn't check everything to find some bugs - except confirming the known issues. But it seems that VoLTE works fine. Data switches to H+ when making a call and the sound is crystal clear. Well, it's just my feeling but I really notice the difference compared to a regular call. I don't know if there is another way to check it though.
Maybe something missing is the "+" for LTE - or 4G on my phone - in the status bar when bands are aggregated. I don't know if it's just a display that is missing or the feature that is not implemented yet. But I've got the same transfer rates as on LOS 16 with LTE+.
Besides, any tweak on the battery icon - text was known, but also the circle icon and so on - doesn't have any effect on the display in the status bar. But all of these are just cosmetics compared to what has been done.
Thank again ! So glad to see that OP3 is still on track and up to date !

Last edited:

immi803

Jun 14, 2012
@BillGoss
As few posts back, you wrote "once i set the security patch date to... Safely net passes..." , Can you please elaborate how to get it setup?
Cts false with me always :(

Dirk

May 11, 2009
@BillGoss
As few posts back, you wrote "once i set the security patch date to... Safely net passes..." , Can you please elaborate how to get it setup?

Read post 3 in the NLOS ROM thread. In short you need to edit the Security Patch Date in the build.prop so that it matches the ROMs build fingerprint. Flashable zips are available.

This takes care of the CTS Profile part, but i'm surprised that safetynet as a whole passes. Usually the kernel patches need to be present for that. But then it was the same on LOS 16. It started life passing safetynet, but then was 'fixed' so that it stopped eventually.

Last edited:
Reactions: 64ashg and immi803

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
@BillGoss
I change the security patch date in Magisk. You can use this file:
1. Rename the extension from .txt to .sh
2. Follow the install instructions in the file itself (either using a file manager with root access or using the file manager in TWRP)

Attachments

• myprop.txt
    307 bytes · Views: 137

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog:
    • Initial release

• Sync latest source
    • Fix bluetooth

• Sync latest source
    • Fix wifi display
    • Ship Snap
    • Fix vulkan graphics
    • Pass safetynet
    • Fix crash of some native services

• Sync latest source
    • SELiunx working in enforcing mode now
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Update blobs from OOS 9.0.6
    • Fix suspend when AOD is on
    • Happy new year!

• Sync latest source
    • Fix ril of the last build
    • Update blobs from LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Add backuptools
    • Other trivial fixes

• Official nightlies started

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-10-24
    Last Updated 2020-06-26
    FYI, oneplus3 has just been added ... Now let's wait for merging.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/267517

Code:
    # LineageOS build target list
    # <device> <build_type> <branch name> <period ("N"ightly, "W"eekly, "M"onthly)>
    # Nightly lineage-17.1
    beryllium userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    chiron userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d851 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d852 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d855 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    dipper userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    discovery userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    enchilada userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    f400 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    fajita userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    gts4lvwifi userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    guacamole userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h830 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h910 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h918 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h990 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    I01WD userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jactivelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jflteatt userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltespr userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltevzw userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltexx userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfvelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    kirin userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    ls997 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    mermaid userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    nash userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    [B]oneplus3 userdebug lineage-17.1 N[/B]
    pioneer userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    polaris userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    rs988 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    sagit userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    us996 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs985 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs995 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    z2_plus userdebug lineage-17.1 N

Thank you @dianlujitao !

Edit: about addonsu package and PrivacyGuard ... https://www.xda-developers.com/line...-addonsu-implementation-favor-magisk-manager/
    Are you the gcam man? If so, thanks a million for your work and your latest works fine and dandy on this build.
    "gcam man" - that sounds interesting ;) yes, thanks.
    Thanks a lot dianlujitao for supporting LOS for OP3.
    Thanks, @dianlujitao, for this. Great to have Android 10 running on an encrypted phone.
    I've been playing around with it all day and here's what I've found so far:

Clean install with Gapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/ and Magisk 20 stable. Once I set the security patch date to 2019-08-01 I passed SafetyNet and was able to set up my credit card with Google Pay.

Missing:
    - accent colours in settings>display>style>accent colour, though they are available in settings>developer options>accent colour
    - battery text doesn't display

Broken:
    - NFC: shows as being permanently on and can't be turned off; doesn't register on terminals
    - Gallery shows album images in the Music directory (in Los 16 it ignores them). I've had to add a .nomedia file to the directory.
    - settings>display>style>dark mode>Black causes LineageOS Settings to stop
    - Digital Wellbeing keeps stopping (logs attached)
    - BT connects/disconnects continuously when connected to my car (logs attached)

And that's all the issues I've got at the moment. Everything else is working fine.
    I'll have a better idea of battery drain after tonight.

I believe it doesn't apply to our device (A only). See the section on recovery in https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/

TWRP is still recommended, lineage recovery does NOT support FDE thus you might encounter problems when installing magisk and opengapps