[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 17.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
You could just simply try what happens when you only put pool.ntp.org into your file.
That would be globaly usefull without a hassle and if nobody else is willing to, dianlujtao could make a PR for that ... as nvertigo said, surviving new flashing and also noobes, unable to change system files would profit.

Sigh
Kurt
Or, you know, you could go ahead and try it yourself, too. It would require just as much effort from you to do so, but you might even have the time and energy, too...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4405529

This is not for you, but for other users, they may get fooled by this nonsense claim.

Yes, and that's why your solution won't be any better if someone's using VPN. Because it will give you data from a closer server network-wise, but not an actual, geographically closer one that would help latency and accuracy.

The geographically nearer server from Europe has longer latency then the network-wise closer server to the vpn endpoint if the vpn endpoint is oitside europe. Getting the time server with the lowest latency is one of the main reasons for the pool mechanism.

Assuming the endpoint is in Australia, an Australien time server has a lower latency to the endppint, then a European time server.

Assuming the latency from device to endpoint outside Europe is 100 ms, and latency from endpoint outside Europe to the time server outside Europe (e.g. Australia) is 100 ms, the total latency is 200 ms. The latency from an endpoint outside Europe (e.g. Australia) to a time server in Europe is normally greater then the latency to a time server in Australia, say 200 ms. The total here is 300 ms. Resulting in
poll.ntp.org: 200 ms
europe.pool.ntp.org: 300 ms
Using pool.ntp.org is better for vpn tunnels with an endpoint outside Europe. Especially when using vpn geographically nearest will not give the best result.

hellcat50

Since Lineage OS build 20210208 (and 20210207 on the oneplus 7 pro as well) my airpods battery app stopped working. I use the app "AndroPods" for displaying the battery status of my airpods pro. I tested this on my oneplus 3 and oneplus 7 pro, both devices stopped displaying after the above mentioned builds. I took a look at the changelog, and there seems to be some changes related to bluetooth.

Log (taken on oneplus 3): https://pastebin.com/wf5aEuTh

And while I'm at it, I can tell you that the screen off timer is broken in lineage os (the timer that locks the device 5 seconds after screen is off by default) it immediately locks the device regardless of what you set in the settings.

Last edited:

treypop

May 3, 2015
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 4a
This has probably been asked before but when I hold down the home button google assistant doesn't come up. I have it set to open search assistant when I hold the home button. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

D

Deleted member 4405529

This has probably been asked before but when I hold down the home button google assistant doesn't come up. I have it set to open search assistant when I hold the home button. Has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?
Set google as default app for assistant (Apps & Notification->Default-Apps->Assist & voice input->Assist app).

I knew it was a bad deccission to drop search befpre posting by xda. :( :( :( People knowing the answer has been given, but doesn't care... :( :( :(

D

Deleted member 4405529

Since Lineage OS build 20210208 (and 20210207 on the oneplus 7 pro as well) my airpods battery app stopped working. I use the app "AndroPods" for displaying the battery status of my airpods pro. I tested this on my oneplus 3 and oneplus 7 pro, both devices stopped displaying after the above mentioned builds. I took a look at the changelog, and there seems to be some changes related to bluetooth.

Log (taken on oneplus 3): https://pastebin.com/wf5aEuTh

Seems to be related to these:
Code:
02-24 18:29:26.549  2458  4637 I NearbyDiscovery: FastPairBattery: No associated accountKey is found when query battery info, address:14:C8:8B:C2:FA:F9 [CONTEXT service_id=49 ]
02-24 18:29:26.571  5094  5094 E ThemeUtils: View class pro.vitalii.andropods.battery.BatteryImageView is an AppCompat widget that can only be used with a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant).

Since I don't have hands on aripods, you need to compare your logs (working against non-working los version).
Can you conmect the airpods without the AndroPods app? If so: can you see the bat stats in the QS tiles?

EigenWijsheid

Jan 2, 2014
HELP NEEDED - ERROR: No OS installed!

Problem after updating the wrong way (i think) (first of all, I am not a techie, just hate to have to buy a new phone and pollute the earth and spend money while it is not necessary. And I like to figure stuff out.

I used Lineage OS 17.1 on my OP3T for almost a year. But I never got any updates. It turned out the reason was that I had a version with test keys without realizing it.

Someone pointed me to this file: lineage-migration-signed.zip and the official releases. After I installed the migration zip I could install the official Lineage OS 17.1 and i was really happy.
For about a week. Then I noticed a Lineage OS (the last one of 22 feb) update and downloaded it on my 3t and installed it. Probably the wrong way. It got stuck in a boot loop.

Since that moment I tried all sorts of things, but I only messed things up further I think and lost all my data...

I managed to get twrp back, using adb sideload I installed lineage 17.1 + Gapps. But now when I want to reboot, the OP says: No OS installed!

I reinstalled, but didn't help.
What to do??

update: copied lineage.zip to op3 using tmp with pc connection and flashed it.
Now I am back in a boot loop and I have Recovery OS again.... *sigh*

it seems I have wiped my system partition?
update2: flashed twrp again using fastboot flash recovery

Update3: this is what I did: Formated Data in TWRP + Advanced wipe of Cache, Dalvik / Art Cache & System then with adb sideload, flashed LineageOS + Gapps one after the other, in that order & in one go without rebooting in between which seemed to go fine, no errors.

Result: TWRP says: No OS installed!

:cautious:

Last edited:

hellcat50

Seems to be related to these:
Code:
02-24 18:29:26.549  2458  4637 I NearbyDiscovery: FastPairBattery: No associated accountKey is found when query battery info, address:14:C8:8B:C2:FA:F9 [CONTEXT service_id=49 ]
02-24 18:29:26.571  5094  5094 E ThemeUtils: View class pro.vitalii.andropods.battery.BatteryImageView is an AppCompat widget that can only be used with a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant).

Since I don't have hands on aripods, you need to compare your logs (working against non-working los version).
Can you conmect the airpods without the AndroPods app? If so: can you see the bat stats in the QS tiles?

Thank you for your reply, nvertigo67!

No, unfortunately android cannot natively read the battery status of the airpods (pro), that's why I use this app.

I tested as follows:
Setup: OnePlus 3, twrp 3.5.0_9-0, firmware 9.0.6 with your "alipay stuff removed" version, clean data partition, clean flash
Flashing: Only flashed lineage os version "lineage-17.1-20210201-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip" and "lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip", nothing else. No root, no gapps. After boot, the only thing I did is enabled usb debugging, airplane mode and bluetooth, everything is stock. And of course I installed the andropds app after I finished testing without the app.
After I finished testing the older version, I wiped everything and clean flashed the newer version.

So here are the complete logs without the andropods app. Bluetooth was always enabled, I just activated my airpods, after connecting I waited a little bit, then I turned the airpods off.
Lineage OS version 20210201: https://pastebin.com/GPbxmdsG
Lineage OS version 20210222: https://pastebin.com/NZ4Xckcd
And here are the logs with the app installed:
Lineage OS version 20210201: https://pastebin.com/rE1kCdua
Lineage OS version 20210222: https://pastebin.com/gRqxyttX

Attached are some pictures of the app working vs. not working

I hope this helps. If you need more, just let me know and I'll do my best :)

Attachments

• andropods-working.png
    andropods-working.png
    253 KB · Views: 36
  • andropods-not-working.png
    andropods-not-working.png
    223.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4405529

Thank you for your reply, nvertigo67!

No, unfortunately android cannot natively read the battery status of the airpods (pro), that's why I use this app.

I suspected that. In Cupertino everything needs to be done in a unique and proprietary way...

You misunderstood me. Since I've no hands on airpods, you need to compare... I just wanted to give a hint, what may be related to the issue.
I fear, you are on your own here: since the bt changes in the rom seem to work for non Cupertino-tainted (SCNR) hardware, los will not revert them (especially if they are part of Q_asb_2021-01); the devs of andropod may help, but will probably focus on stock roms... Sorry.

EDIT: For both of the logs with andropod installed: Did you open the widget before getting the log? Because in both logs there's no attempt to query the battery info of 14:C8:8B:C2:FA:F9 (the bt address of your airpods).

Reactions: hellcat50

hellcat50

I suspected that. In Cupertino everything needs to be done in a unique and proprietary way...

You misunderstood me. Since I've no hands on airpods, you need to compare... I just wanted to give a hint, what may be related to the issue.
I fear, you are on your own here: since the bt changes in the rom seem to work for non Cupertino-tainted (SCNR) hardware, los will not revert them (especially if they are part of Q_asb_2021-01); the devs of andropod may help, but will probably focus on stock roms... Sorry.

EDIT: For both of the logs with andropod installed: Did you open the widget before getting the log? Because in both logs there's no attempt to query the battery info of 14:C8:8B:C2:FA:F9 (the bt address of your airpods).
I did as follows: I installed the app, then rebooted the device. The app autostarts and posts a permanent notification. Then I just let the airpods connect to the phone and waited, then disconnected them. I didn't interact with the device in any way other than pulling down the notifications.

But yeah, as you've said I may be on my own. I'll try contacting the dev of the app, I'll let you know how it goes :)

But thanks anyway for the help so far, appreciate it! And sorry for misunderstanding you :/

EigenWijsheid

Jan 2, 2014
Which version of twrp, lineage and gapps? Did you check the checksums of the los zip and the gapps zip? What's on the console? Get a recovery log after flashing los and gapps, but before rebooting.

Hi, thanks for replying,

TWRP 3.5.0_9-0
Lineage 17.1
Open Gapps 10.0 pico 20210227

How do I check checksums?

I have attached a recovery log, but it is not from before rebooting I think. No time to do it again yet.

D

Deleted member 4405529

I recommend twrp-3.4.0-0 (3.5.0_9-0 is buggy at least regarding pstore). My bad. See https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84573545 for details.

This is no suffcient information.

lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip is sufficient.

Open Gapps 10.0 pico 20210227

This is not sufficient information.

open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210227.zip is sufficient.

How do I check checksums?

Really? Do you ise to flash files without verifying them? Make it a habbit:

For lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip on the los download page (https://download.lineageos.org/oneplus3) right click on the link reading sha256 below the link for lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip. Save it as lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip.sha256sum. Place both files (lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip and lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip.sha256sum) in the same directory on your device (i.e.: /sdcard/Dpwnload).
When flashing lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip in twrp on the "swipe to install"-page select "verify zip signatute" before swiping. If the zip verification fails, the dowloaded lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip is broken.

For open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210227.zip click on the link "MD5 CHECKSUM" save as open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210227.zip.md5sum. Place both files (open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210227.zip and open_gapps-arm64-10.0-pico-20210227.zip.md5sum) in the same directory on your device (i.e.: /sdcard/Dpwnload). Proceed as explained above.

I have attached a recovery log, but it is not from before rebooting I think. No time to do it again yet.

Can't see any attachment.

EDIT: you can also manually verify sha256 and md5 hashes, but it's not very comfortable to manually compare these random looking strings.
Win: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/po...hell.utility/get-filehash?view=powershell-7.1
Linux: https://itsfoss.com/checksum-tools-guide-linux/
The other advantage of letting twrp do the job: it's done directly before flashing, all additional sources of file corruption (transfer from PC to device, defective filesystem or storage media on the devive) are handled.
twrp (manually): the same as linux (in the twrp terminal).

Reactions: An68

Not-Aus

Sep 5, 2017
Minden
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 9
I was on lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip and after updating to lineage-17.1-20210301-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip the phone got stuck in a boot-loop.

After flashing lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip again, it's still in a boot-loop. :-(

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
I was on lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip and after updating to lineage-17.1-20210301-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip the phone got stuck in a boot-loop.

After flashing lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip again, it's still in a boot-loop. :-(

Culprit = Magisk

Workarround :
- Wipe System (optional : and the two caches)
- Flash latest build + Gapps + Magisk (if needed)

Not-Aus

Sep 5, 2017
Minden
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 9
Culprit = Magisk

Workarround :
- Wipe System (optional : and the two caches)
- Flash latest build + Gapps + Magisk (if needed)

Yes i thought, that it is because of Magisk. I had v20.4 installed.
After wiping System and the two caches and installing lineage-17.1-20210222-nightly-oneplus3-signed.zip again, after 10 Minutes of booting Lineage, it reboots to TWRP (3.5.0_9-0), giving me a Rescue Party.

That all would be no problem, as I usually know how to help myself.
But now I am not able to get a USB-connection from my Notebook to the phone to transfer opengapps, Magisk, etc to the phone.
I tried it with 3 different PCs and it worked on none of them. I know, that it worked before. Seems like I'm really f***ed this time... :eek:

D

Deleted member 4405529

Does this firmware have a "Pocket Mode"?
This rom has pocket mode, see:

On source build roms firmware means all needed colsed source parts not livining in the system partition. See https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-modde...annoying-9-0-x-firmware.3941164/post-83183385 for details.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.​
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 17.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes a Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 17.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog:
    • Initial release

• Sync latest source
    • Fix bluetooth

• Sync latest source
    • Fix wifi display
    • Ship Snap
    • Fix vulkan graphics
    • Pass safetynet
    • Fix crash of some native services

• Sync latest source
    • SELiunx working in enforcing mode now
    • Update kernel to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Update blobs from OOS 9.0.6
    • Fix suspend when AOD is on
    • Happy new year!

• Sync latest source
    • Fix ril of the last build
    • Update blobs from LA.UM.8.6.r1-02900-89xx.0
    • Add backuptools
    • Other trivial fixes

• Official nightlies started

Download:

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS, ROM for the OnePlus 3

Contributors
    dianlujitao
    ROM OS Version: Android 10

Version Information

Created 2019-10-24
    Last Updated 2020-06-26
    FYI, oneplus3 has just been added ... Now let's wait for merging.

https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/hudson/+/267517

Code:
    # LineageOS build target list
    # <device> <build_type> <branch name> <period ("N"ightly, "W"eekly, "M"onthly)>
    # Nightly lineage-17.1
    beryllium userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    chiron userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d851 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d852 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    d855 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    dipper userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    discovery userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    enchilada userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    f400 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    fajita userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    gts4lvwifi userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    guacamole userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h830 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h850 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h910 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h918 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    h990 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    I01WD userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jactivelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jflteatt userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltespr userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltevzw userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfltexx userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    jfvelte userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    kirin userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    ls997 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    mermaid userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    nash userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    [B]oneplus3 userdebug lineage-17.1 N[/B]
    pioneer userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    polaris userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    rs988 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    sagit userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    us996 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs985 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    vs995 userdebug lineage-17.1 N
    z2_plus userdebug lineage-17.1 N

Thank you @dianlujitao !

Edit: about addonsu package and PrivacyGuard ... https://www.xda-developers.com/line...-addonsu-implementation-favor-magisk-manager/
    Are you the gcam man? If so, thanks a million for your work and your latest works fine and dandy on this build.
    "gcam man" - that sounds interesting ;) yes, thanks.
    Thanks a lot dianlujitao for supporting LOS for OP3.
    Thanks, @dianlujitao, for this. Great to have Android 10 running on an encrypted phone.
    I've been playing around with it all day and here's what I've found so far:

Clean install with Gapps from https://sourceforge.net/projects/opengapps/files/arm64/beta/ and Magisk 20 stable. Once I set the security patch date to 2019-08-01 I passed SafetyNet and was able to set up my credit card with Google Pay.

Missing:
    - accent colours in settings>display>style>accent colour, though they are available in settings>developer options>accent colour
    - battery text doesn't display

Broken:
    - NFC: shows as being permanently on and can't be turned off; doesn't register on terminals
    - Gallery shows album images in the Music directory (in Los 16 it ignores them). I've had to add a .nomedia file to the directory.
    - settings>display>style>dark mode>Black causes LineageOS Settings to stop
    - Digital Wellbeing keeps stopping (logs attached)
    - BT connects/disconnects continuously when connected to my car (logs attached)

And that's all the issues I've got at the moment. Everything else is working fine.
    I'll have a better idea of battery drain after tonight.

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs
    I believe it doesn't apply to our device (A only). See the section on recovery in https://lineageos.org/Changelog-19/

Sent from my OnePlus 3T using XDA Labs

TWRP is still recommended, lineage recovery does NOT support FDE thus you might encounter problems when installing magisk and opengapps