[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 8T
Yes it helps,, But how to take my home screen or lockscreen is my Question, Some thing i like to show on Home screen or Lock screen , whats the way out??
Well, for the home screen there's a way if you are rooted, have installed Termux, and are willing to put a widget on your home screen.
Since this has nothing to do with Los 18.1, it's time to take the conversation elsewhere.
Send me a PM if you want to try the above suggestion.

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
I just want to drop a couple of lines on the subject of LineageOS 18.1, OnePlus 3T, and my status.

First, thanks to lots of people on XDA in general and quite a few in this thread in particular.

I stopped using my 3T sometime last year, since it hadn't had any updates from 1+ since late 2019, and I gifted my wife a new phone (Xiaomi Mi Note 10 pro, slow but great cam). So I took her old Nokia 8, which was fine and faster (got all important data off my 3T, got all important apps and connections running). But: it also didn't get updates since Oct/Nov 2020. And I desperately want a backup device, so I figured I should get the 3T up and running.
Following instructions here and at the LineageOS device site, I unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP - I still don't know if the LineageOS recovery would have been better, but it works - flashed LOS, MindTheGApps and Magisk.

I didn't necessarily want to root my phone, but figured I'd give it a go. I have some old Galaxy S4's in the household running LOS 17, and with F-Droid with the background installation, getting updates is really much easier.
I did have trouble with Magisk 22100, I think it's somewhere in this thread that 22104 will get the device past safetynet. So I got that one, forgot how I flashed it (within Magisk? Don't remember, must be getting old...) but it does work fine.

All my banking apps work. Well, now they do, after getting Magisk to hide. I had one app that somehow detected something non-standard, but luckily the programmers just made it show a warning: "we don't support rooted Android devices, continue at your own risk [ ok ] [ cancel ]" so that was acceptable.
I don't know how they could detect the device is rooted. Perhaps they detect the unlocked bootloader?

I also missed how to get the device encrypted, I now read in this thread how to do it, but it will have to wait for another day.
Yesterday I updated to the latest nightly, I wasn't quite sure if I would run into trouble, but all was fine, still rooted, banking stuff still working, etc.

Like I said, the 3T is my backup device, but with all that I have used it setting it up, I can say that LineageOS feels snappy. Battery life is great, but I don't use it with my 2 SIM cards (so just WiFi).

Next I'll update my N8 - sometime last year I got the unlock code when Nokia /HMD were still giving those out - but not until I have another redundant device.

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
I just want to drop a couple of lines on the subject of LineageOS 18.1, OnePlus 3T, and my status.

First, thanks to lots of people on XDA in general and quite a few in this thread in particular.

I stopped using my 3T sometime last year, since it hadn't had any updates from 1+ since late 2019, and I gifted my wife a new phone (Xiaomi Mi Note 10 pro, slow but great cam). So I took her old Nokia 8, which was fine and faster (got all important data off my 3T, got all important apps and connections running). But: it also didn't get updates since Oct/Nov 2020. And I desperately want a backup device, so I figured I should get the 3T up and running.
Following instructions here and at the LineageOS device site, I unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP - I still don't know if the LineageOS recovery would have been better, but it works - flashed LOS, MindTheGApps and Magisk.

I didn't necessarily want to root my phone, but figured I'd give it a go. I have some old Galaxy S4's in the household running LOS 17, and with F-Droid with the background installation, getting updates is really much easier.
I did have trouble with Magisk 22100, I think it's somewhere in this thread that 22104 will get the device past safetynet. So I got that one, forgot how I flashed it (within Magisk? Don't remember, must be getting old...) but it does work fine.

All my banking apps work. Well, now they do, after getting Magisk to hide. I had one app that somehow detected something non-standard, but luckily the programmers just made it show a warning: "we don't support rooted Android devices, continue at your own risk [ ok ] [ cancel ]" so that was acceptable.
I don't know how they could detect the device is rooted. Perhaps they detect the unlocked bootloader?

I also missed how to get the device encrypted, I now read in this thread how to do it, but it will have to wait for another day.
Yesterday I updated to the latest nightly, I wasn't quite sure if I would run into trouble, but all was fine, still rooted, banking stuff still working, etc.

Like I said, the 3T is my backup device, but with all that I have used it setting it up, I can say that LineageOS feels snappy. Battery life is great, but I don't use it with my 2 SIM cards (so just WiFi).

Next I'll update my N8 - sometime last year I got the unlock code when Nokia /HMD were still giving those out - but not until I have another redundant device.
I think that app detects the word "magisk" in the list of installed apps or something like that. There's an option in the settings of Magisk Manager for hiding the app by renaming it. Give it a go

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
I think that app detects the word "magisk" in the list of installed apps or something like that. There's an option in the settings of Magisk Manager for hiding the app by renaming it. Give it a go
Forgot to mention, I did use that, so Magisk has a different app name, and made sure practically all apps are on the Magisk Hide list. The device passes safetynet without problems, ... I'm just wondering if they detect the device isn't encrypted, has an unlocked bootloader, or something like that. And then I'd like to spoof it... Though at least the app in question doesn't refuse to run, it just warns about the risk (thank you) and asks to acknowledge the risk, then works fine.
It's also just a banking login app, not a pure banking app.

Not-Aus

• Sep 5, 2017
    Minden
    Forgot to mention, I did use that, so Magisk has a different app name, and made sure practically all apps are on the Magisk Hide list. The device passes safetynet without problems, ... I'm just wondering if they detect the device isn't encrypted, has an unlocked bootloader, or something like that. And then I'd like to spoof it... Though at least the app in question doesn't refuse to run, it just warns about the risk (thank you) and asks to acknowledge the risk, then works fine.
    Maybe it detects TWRP. You can rename the TWRP-Folder.

Freezystem

Dec 23, 2012
    Montpellier
    Hi everyone !

I have two questions regarding relocking the bootloader.

My bank app tell me that my phone is rooted hence I can't access advanced security features.
    My phone is was not rooted at the time, so I tried to install Magisk and to hide the rooting but nothing changed.
    My second guess is that the bank app doesn't like the fact that the bootloader is unlocked so I wanted to re-lock my bootloader to see if it please my bank app more.
    I saw in an earlier post that it's possible even when using LOS 18.1.

So here are my questions:
    - Will I be able to flash LOS and TWRP updates once the bootloader is locked back again ?
    - Will the bootloader relocking action format the data partition like the unlocking do ?

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
    As you could perhaps tell from the above, I'm not one of the experienced guys, but since only 1 out of 5 banking apps detected something on my phone, and all others didn't complain (which I know for sure they do if they detect rooted systems), just tell me which banking app and I'll see if it works on my phone. Provided I can find it (Play Store doesn't always list everything, depending on region).

Freezystem

Dec 23, 2012
    Montpellier
    As you could perhaps tell from the above, I'm not one of the experienced guys, but since only 1 out of 5 banking apps detected something on my phone, and all others didn't complain (which I know for sure they do if they detect rooted systems), just tell me which banking app and I'll see if it works on my phone. Provided I can find it (Play Store doesn't always list everything, depending on region).

Actually it's a french banking app and you have to own an account to have access to the advanced security feature that is blocking me. Despite that, the app is working properly though.
    The problem is that the app will soon require to enable this feature by default to have access to it to comply with the PSD2 European directive.

Edit: Google Pay won't activate my demateralized card for the same reason.

Last edited:

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
    Zut alors!

On the other hand, if many institutions will soon have to comply to that PSD2 directive, chances are more knowledgeable people will figure out how to get LineageOS working.

Reactions: Freezystem

gaizkaxda

Dec 19, 2010
    I have excessive battery drain with Media Storage... Any one else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210501-003711_Ajustes.png
      Screenshot_20210501-003711_Ajustes.png
      143.7 KB · Views: 80

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
    Hi everyone !

My bank app tell me that my phone is rooted hence I can't access advanced security features.
    My phone is was not rooted at the time, so I tried to install Magisk and to hide the rooting but nothing changed.
    My second guess is that the bank app doesn't like the fact that the bootloader is unlocked so I wanted to re-lock my bootloader to see if it please my bank app more.

- Will I be able to flash LOS and TWRP updates once the bootloader is locked back again ?
    - Will the bootloader relocking action format the data partition like the unlocking do ?

- you will be able to update LOS itself, however, as far as I know, updating the recovery requires the bootloader to be open
    - yes, locking the bootloader also erases the data partition
    Also, it's very important to remove Magisk completely before locking the bootloader, otherwise your device will end up in a bootloop. As far as I know, currently there's no solution for rooting a device with a locked bootloader on LOS 18.1 (maybe not even on Android 11), or locking the bootloader on a rooted device. I've tried every way I could think of, because it used to work on LOS 17.1, but it always ended up in a bootloop. So I just accepted the fact that the bootloader on my phone is open. Everything works well otherwise.
    It's probably the lack of encryption. No reason not to encrypt your phone anyways.

Reactions: Freezystem

Jan_L

Jan 15, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    OnePlus 3T
    Hi everyone !

I do not know what message you get from the banking app, but probably it has nothing to do with rooted or not, but adb.
    As mentioned some pages back, I am using LOS with some changed/ additional lines in build.prop to get all my banking apps working. For the last 1-2 years I never had troubles anymore, using these lines.

Code:
    # CTS
    # side effect: ro.debuggable=0 will disable adb root
    ro.build.selinux=0
    ro.debuggable=0
    ro.secure=1
    ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.system.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.system_ext.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.vendor.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.build.type=user
    ro.product.build.type=user
    ro.system.build.type=user
    ro.system_ext.build.type=user
    ro.vendor.build.type=user
    ro.build.version.security_patch=<same date as build date, for example: 2021-04-04>
    ro.vendor.build.security_patch=<same date as build date, for example: 2021-04-04>

vettayyan

Oct 1, 2012
    Great thread.. Really keep the way people helping others.. Now I have one more doubt.. is it possible to change the fonts ??

Earlier a while ago when I used NITROGEN OS , I used to flash the FONT ZIP file in TWRP and make the changes.. Now its not happening in same way?? Any IDea ??

moscic

Sep 10, 2017
    Great thread.. Really keep the way people helping others.. Now I have one more doubt.. is it possible to change the fonts ??

Earlier a while ago when I used NITROGEN OS , I used to flash the FONT ZIP file in TWRP and make the changes.. Now its not happening in same way?? Any IDea ??
    Because LOS 18.1 is system as root you have to modify updater-script like this:
    mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system", "/system_root");
    package_extract_dir("system_root", "/system_root");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system_root/system");
    set_perm_recursive(0, 0, 0755, 0644, "/system_root/system/fonts");

Reactions: vettayyan

aRTeech

Apr 20, 2021
    Well, I encrypted my phone and the one banking app still detects the phone is rooted. I'll give the build.props a go on another non-encrypted freshly converted phone (Galaxy S4, LOS18.1, was on 17 before). That will give me the opportunity to figure out what exactly gets detected: one or the other, or both.

Jan_L

Jan 15, 2021
    Samsung Galaxy S7
    OnePlus 3T
    Reactions: aRTeech

gaizkaxda

Dec 19, 2010
    Tried today my headphones and realised that there is not Apt-X support with 18.1. it's just me? Don't know if it's LOS 18.1 leak or OP3 leak with LOS 18.1
    Sorry, I can confirm that apt-x and Aac are working ok but are working different that 17.1 you can show current codec in developer options only when headphones are connected but no hd audio switch like before. I can use SBC, Apt-x or AAC with my headphones from this menu. Of course Apt-x is best for OP3 because it's hw assisted by Qualcomm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210502-231639_Ajustes.png
      Screenshot_20210502-231639_Ajustes.png
      146.6 KB · Views: 64
    • Screenshot_20210502-232159_Ajustes.png
      Screenshot_20210502-232159_Ajustes.png
      144.4 KB · Views: 63
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Hemuli

dev23

Sep 14, 2012
    Does anyone else have a permission problem with Android Auto on the latest nightly? I get a "Phone permission needed to take calls. When it's safe, turn on the Phone permission in Settings." message, even though the app has the necessary permission already given/allowed. Can't make/take calls because of it.

Same situation while in car and in the Android Studio Desktop Head Unit emulator.

The app itself is updated. This is running the clean LineageOS 18.1 nightly, MindTheGApps package (as per LineageOS wiki) and Magisk (no extra modules installed yet, just flashed it).

----------
    Edit:
    Clear storage / clear cache on the Android Auto app itself fixed it. Went through the initial app setup/pairing phase, it re-requested the permission access and it's working fine now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I've moved on to a OnePlus 8T because the battery on my 3T died.
      I just want to say farewell to all of you here and to thank you for the help, advice, and Los ROMs over the years, especially @dianlujitao and @nvertigo67.
      Ditto for me. Special thanks to @dianlujitao, @nvertigo67, @Dirk and @BillGoss (Hang in there with the lack of TWRP recovery on OP8T!).
      I've moved on to OP5T and then to OP6T (daily driver).
      Can anyone tell me if it is possible to uninstall a few apps from this ROM. Namely, Browser, Music and Calendar. If yes, what is the process? I would like to use Google apps as a replacement for the above. Thank you.
      In TWRP you can mount /system and remove:
      - Jelly (browser),
      - Eleven (Music) and
      - Etar (Calendar).

You have to look in /system/app, system/priv-app, /system/product/app, system/product/priv-app, though most should be in /system/product/app I guess.

After an update you have to do the same procedure again, or you can make and run a script for it in TWRP.
      I've moved on to a OnePlus 8T because the battery on my 3T died.
      I just want to say farewell to all of you here and to thank you for the help, advice, and Los ROMs over the years, especially @dianlujitao and @nvertigo67.
      If you want to revive your 1+ 3T phone I recommend lehehe batterie {4000mAh). It is available on aliexpress (about 12$).
      Has the latest security update been merged in the latest LOS 18.1 zip? Or will it be in the next one? I can't find it in the changelog.
      You can see the current state (search for PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH) in
      https://github.com/LineageOS/android_build/blob/lineage-18.1/core/version_defaults.mk#L243
      LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
      Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */
      LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
      This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
      • Custom kernels
      • Mods
      • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
      • Flashed a custom kernel
      • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
      • Modified system files

Tips:
      • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
      First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
      1. Download the zip(s)
      2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
      3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
      4. Wipe data/factory reset
      5. Flash LineageOS
      6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
      7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
      • LineageOS Team & Contributors
      • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
      Known issues:​
      • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
      • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
      • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
      • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
      • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
      Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
      Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
      View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
      But the wake lock can start at random times:
      View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
      And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
      View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
      Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
      I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
      Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
      The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
      Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
      Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
      Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
      But the wake lock can start at random times:
      Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
      And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
      Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
      I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
      I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
      Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
      Download :
      - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
      - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
      DOWNLOAD:
      * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
      * Synced LineageOS sources
      * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
      ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC