[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
About half of the time when I disable Hotspot my phone is having a Kernel Panic (constant white LED). Anyone else experience this?

Edit: Tried to reproduce and grab a log. Worked every time so nvm I guess.

Last edited:

ignitedme

May 5, 2021
Is anyone else having issues with the Vulkan API? In 3Dmark, the "Sling Shot Extreme" test first crashed and now it says "Your device is not compatible". AIDA64 and other tools say the device doesn't have Vulkan support and in general only OpenGL seems to work.

Jan_L

Jan 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 3T
Hi guys, is this LOS18.1 ok for all day use ? No great troubles ? Battery is ok ? I'm on arrow os actually. Thanks
Why is everyone asking the same without looking to previous posts?!?

To answer your questions: yes, no and yes.... ;-)

LOS 18.1 is my daily driver from the first builds, did a fresh install when it became official.
No issues here, everything is working including bluetooth, hotspot etc...

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
Coming from android 7 RR rom,
Were can i download the firmware?
you could use this, credits to hellcat50:

or use nvertigo (et al) modded firmware that can be found here:

Nixeus2

Mar 11, 2020
Hi people, the only gapps package compatible with this rom are the Nikgapps right ? Flashing actually this rom ( i come from Arrow os )

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
can some one confirm, if i can install Canary Build magisk with LOS recovery & locked BL?
Locking the bootloader on a OP3(T) with LOS 18.1 rooted with Magisk has always resulted in a bootlooping phone so far. That being said, my phone has always needed MagiskHide Props Config module to pass SafetyNet UNTIL Magisk 23 came out. Now it works flawlessly, no need for extra modules. So it might work. It used to work on LOS 17.1, that's for sure.
Try it and tell us if it worked.

AKE000AKE

Apr 22, 2016
Locking the bootloader on a OP3(T) with LOS 18.1 rooted with Magisk has always resulted in a bootlooping phone so far. That being said, my phone has always needed MagiskHide Props Config module to pass SafetyNet UNTIL Magisk 23 came out. Now it works flawlessly, no need for extra modules. So it might work. It used to work on LOS 17.1, that's for sure.
Try it and tell us if it worked.
Dude, you guys should just type magisk on this thread and search. I'm not trying to be rude but it's been said about 2 times. (There is a Magisk issue that prevents it from patching the image through recovery and topjohnwu said that he won't make those changes to fix it since flashing through recovery isn't recommend in the first place. So download the latest Lineage OS 18.1, use WinRAR on PC or Just RAR on Android (Play Store) extract the boot.img inside the zip, download the Magisk APK and patch that image, the patched image will have some long name with magisk patched boot image something something. Rename that to just boot.img, add the file back inside the zip (Latest Lineage OS) and flash it. Now you have the latest magisk on your OP3 Running Android 11.0 one issue is, you might have a tiny tiny issue if you don't have the original zip, since the original Lineage zip is repacked to have Magisk there is no backup boot image, aka if you uninstall magisk your phone simply won't boot, I'd advise you downloading or putting the original image back once your flashing is done and keeping it on your phone if you ever forget that you can't unsintall Magisk and you do. This works with both Lineage OS recovery and TWRP and with a locked bootloader. But I would still say don't root, honestly just keep the bootloader locked and that passes basic SafetyNet. Root is just another possible issue on the chain, you're technically doing something that isn't intended in the first place and might run into stability issues. Anyways, I hope people won't just repeat the same question again after this just take the boot image out of the zip patch it, put it back in flash and enjoy. Since I forgot to say it there is a way to do this through ADB on PC if you are a bit knowledgeable but this is the easiest method since to update your ROM you have to download the latest update and you can do the complete process on your Device without the use of any external tools.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not-Aus

AKE000AKE

Apr 22, 2016
Hi people, the only gapps package compatible with this rom are the Nikgapps right ? Flashing actually this rom ( i come from Arrow os )
For Gapps I was bored enough to flash nearly every one with 18.1 when I had the time, from personal experience the one recommend on the official wiki (https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html) or MindTheGapps (https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=322935) is the best version. What do you mean you might say reasonably, what could possibly be the difference. Tbh the only thing I noticed from the other Gapps is that OK Google or taking to Google assistant works flawlessly while with other Gapps it was just grayed out, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know why but the one recommend by Leanege wiki seems to have it working so that's what I would say. (My testing was done through out a week so if a Lineage update fixed it instead of the Gapps I'm not sure but why not use the one that is recommended by the devs themselves.

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Dude, you guys should just type magisk on this thread and search. I'm not trying to be rude but it's been said about 2 times. (There is a Magisk issue that prevents it from patching the image through recovery and topjohnwu said that he won't make those changes to fix it since flashing through recovery isn't recommend in the first place. So download the latest Lineage OS 18.1, use WinRAR on PC or Just RAR on Android (Play Store) extract the boot.img inside the zip, download the Magisk APK and patch that image, the patched image will have some long name with magisk patched boot image something something. Rename that to just boot.img, add the file back inside the zip (Latest Lineage OS) and flash it. Now you have the latest magisk on your OP3 Running Android 11.0 one issue is, you might have a tiny tiny issue if you don't have the original zip, since the original Lineage zip is repacked to have Magisk there is no backup boot image, aka if you uninstall magisk your phone simply won't boot, I'd advise you downloading or putting the original image back once your flashing is done and keeping it on your phone if you ever forget that you can't unsintall Magisk and you do. This works with both Lineage OS recovery and TWRP and with a locked bootloader. But I would still say don't root, honestly just keep the bootloader locked and that passes basic SafetyNet. Root is just another possible issue on the chain, you're technically doing something that isn't intended in the first place and might run into stability issues. Anyways, I hope people won't just repeat the same question again after this just take the boot image out of the zip patch it, put it back in flash and enjoy. Since I forgot to say it there is a way to do this through ADB on PC if you are a bit knowledgeable but this is the easiest method since to update your ROM you have to download the latest update and you can do the complete process on your Device without the use of any external tools.
Dude, you should read whole replies before deciding to be a smartass. I'm not trying to be rude, but things have changed. As I wrote, now my phone passes SafetyNet without any extra Magisk modules, which is definitely new on LOS 18.1. So other things might have got fixed as well since it used to work flawlessly on LOS 17.1 the way rohan164 mentioned.
It's much easier to flash a renamed zip file after an OTA update (the latter of which BTW cannot be done with the method you suggested) and doesn't need any "external tools" either.
I need to root my phone for an app that I need and which doesn't work otherwise. I have never had a stability issue that was caused by rooting my phone.
Most people don't root their phones as a hobby, they have their own personal reasons. But even if they did, this is not your place to judge.
Peace!

DavidXanatos

Mar 22, 2013
Vienna
May be the first post of this topic is a little misleading as in the changelog it is mentioning in february the build was highly expirimental. Though, as the title is mentioning; 18.1 is official now and therefor you can expect it to be stable and without any noticable issues.

As said before by @[GER]Roxxor the only issue I have is a very small one with the GPS but easy to solve by a workaround. Battery life, functionality etc... is the same as 17.1.

No reason not to switch I believe... ;)

and how does it look with that GPS issue?

And what is that issue I'm reading now about magisc not working, is the issue present with LOW recovery or with twrp to? as a non rooted phone is useless.

Top Liked Posts

Has the latest security update been merged in the latest LOS 18.1 zip? Or will it be in the next one? I can't find it in the changelog.
    You can see the current state (search for PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH) in
    https://github.com/LineageOS/android_build/blob/lineage-18.1/core/version_defaults.mk#L243
    I've moved on to a OnePlus 8T because the battery on my 3T died.
    I just want to say farewell to all of you here and to thank you for the help, advice, and Los ROMs over the years, especially @dianlujitao and @nvertigo67.
    Ditto for me. Special thanks to @dianlujitao, @nvertigo67, @Dirk and @BillGoss (Hang in there with the lack of TWRP recovery on OP8T!).
    I've moved on to OP5T and then to OP6T (daily driver).
    I've moved on to a OnePlus 8T because the battery on my 3T died.
    I just want to say farewell to all of you here and to thank you for the help, advice, and Los ROMs over the years, especially @dianlujitao and @nvertigo67.
    If you want to revive your 1+ 3T phone I recommend lehehe batterie {4000mAh). It is available on aliexpress (about 12$).
    Can anyone tell me if it is possible to uninstall a few apps from this ROM. Namely, Browser, Music and Calendar. If yes, what is the process? I would like to use Google apps as a replacement for the above. Thank you.
    In TWRP you can mount /system and remove:
    - Jelly (browser),
    - Eleven (Music) and
    - Etar (Calendar).

You have to look in /system/app, system/priv-app, /system/product/app, system/product/priv-app, though most should be in /system/product/app I guess.

After an update you have to do the same procedure again, or you can make and run a script for it in TWRP.
    Thanks. Didn't realise that it can be locked only by a certain version of TWRP. Can't this be done by the lineage recovery?
    On LOS 17.1 I locked the bootloader with LOS recovery installed. Shouldn't cause any problems to do so if your phone is not rooted.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone