Tried to upgrade from LOS 17.1 to 18.1 without factory reset. --> Bootloop/endless boot time
- Old System: lineage-17.1-20200425-nightly-oneplus3-signed
- New System: lineage-18.1-20210621-nightly-oneplus3-signed
- Firmware: OnePlus3T_9.0.6-(20-11-19)-FIRMWARE
I use(d) MagisK v23 and already tried the following:
1. Flash new lineage zip and flash MagisK.zip directly afterwards without reboot, then rebooted
2. Flash new lineage, reboot -> Bootloop/endless boot
3. Remove MagisK on LOS 17.1 and then flash new lineage and reboot
Upgrade tried via:
- Lineage Recovery lineage-18.1-20210621-recovery-oneplus3 with sideload
- TWRP-3.5.2_9-0-oneplus3 with zip from both internal storage and sideload
I also tried to perform a clean install, successful boot and then restore /data via nandroid but I end in the same behavior as with the direct upgrade (bootloop to recovery/endless boot time)
None of the variants worked for me.
- I always be able to surpass the device encryption password prompt
- Then it shows a long time the moving LOS logo (never stuck)
- Then it:
-> either reboots into recovery
-> or it does endlessly show the moving LOS logo. I wait at least 15 minutes on each of the above tests and also tried for more than 1 hour in some tests
Restore of old system:
- Somehow even a nandroid restore back to 17.1 behaves a little weird:
- After nandroid restore of /boot /data /system /system-image the system is not able to boot.
- I have to:
-> restore /boot /data /system /system-image from nandroid backup
-> zip-install the lineage-17.1-20200425-nightly-oneplus3-signed in order to successfully boot
-> delete /data/system/locksettings.db in order to bypass the lockscreen which otherwise does not recognize my correct password anymore.
=> Then the old system (lineage-17.1-20200425-nightly-oneplus3-signed) is fully working with active MagisK and all settings, apps and app-settings being restored.
I tried this procedure also with lineage-18.1-20210621-nightly-oneplus3-signed without success -> Bootloop/endless boot time
Exclude defective nandroid Backup:
I checked for a corrupt nandroid by performing two other nandroid backups on different days and trying to restore them.
I already successfully upgraded from LOS16 to 17.1. (Could this be a problem because the partition usage/formatting/... changed?)
Is there any possibility to upgrade with my data?
Is there a possibility to debug the boot in more detail?
Would be nice if you can give me a hint.
Upgrade with data is supported by both Vanilla Android and LineageOS:
I want to find the bug in the upgrade process.