• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

kkovaacs

Jul 21, 2021
OnePlus 3
I have serious battery drain issues with the latest nightly build (July 19, 2021) on a OnePlus 3. One full charge only gives me about half a day of operation...

I've installed BetterBatteryStats and it seems that the 'Awake' time is significantly larger than 'Screen On' -- that is, it's something keeping the phone awake when it's lying on the table.

Screenshot_20210721-094216_Trebuchet.png

I also tried to have a look at Kernel Wakelocks (since the rest of details shows no details of use), but BBS shows no data at all there:
Screenshot_20210721-094303_Trebuchet.png

The phone is rooted (Magisk) and according to the check in BBS it has all the required permissions.

Is there anyone else experiencing issues like this? Or maybe have any idea how I could fix BBS to show Kernel Wakelock stats?

Nixeus2

Mar 11, 2020
Hi people,

SInce some last updates i have a weird issues, my snooze doesn't ring some day...i have snooze each days...but sometimes, no snooze :(

Any ideas please ?

yy688go

Jun 22, 2017
OnePlus 3T
This whole random reboot business reminds me of when my phone did that on OOS 8. Couldn't get to the bottom of it so I ended up nuking it with an unbrick tool, it's fine ever since. So your reboot issue might not be ROM related.
I contacted rom dev through Weibo, and dev said that he also encountered a random restart bug, but because the computer was not around recently, there was no way to capture the log, so this bug is temporarily unsolved

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
I contacted rom dev through Weibo, and dev said that he also encountered a random restart bug, but because the computer was not around recently, there was no way to capture the log, so this bug is temporarily unsolved
Ah nice, I just wrote it because my issue gradually got worse and worse on a OnePlus3 which I configured exactly like my 3t which was fine. Clean flash, format ect, nothing helped. I had the Computer log over USB for many hours (way more than the phone was able to do without shutting down at this point), but the phone didn't crash then. So the unbrick tool was the last resort for me to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue.

Nowadays both phones don't have any issue like that (with recent LOS) but if the devs look into it thats great.

yy688go

Jun 22, 2017
OnePlus 3T
Ah nice, I just wrote it because my issue gradually got worse and worse on a OnePlus3 which I configured exactly like my 3t which was fine. Clean flash, format ect, nothing helped. I had the Computer log over USB for many hours (way more than the phone was able to do without shutting down at this point), but the phone didn't crash then. So the unbrick tool was the last resort for me to make sure it wasn't a hardware issue.

Nowadays both phones don't have any issue like that (with recent LOS) but if the devs look into it thats great.
Give dev some time, I think this bug will be fixed soon, be patient

Tiggy_Drum

Jul 12, 2016
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus ZenFone 2
Hi,

Since I have installed the LOS 18.1 ROM I cannot get LTE+ (LTE advanced) working. Phone is stucked to LTE.
I was previously on ArrowOS 11.0 ROM and it was working.
Is someone get a similar problem or have a solution ?
Thanks.

Edit : check connectivity with NetMonster, it seems that network is connected through LTE-A. It is probably a display problem on the LTE icon..

Last edited:

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
Hi, Anyone encountering WhatsApp backup to G drive that never completes?
It just stuck on "Preparing for backup to Google Drive"

How did you manage to fix this?
TIA

ChrisLane

Dec 12, 2017
I updated to the 20210726-nightly-oneplus3 build yesterday and have been having touchscreen responsiveness issues since where some presses or swipes aren't registered at all.
This has made typing and scrolling news articles a bit frustrating. Beware! :p

Reactions: JoniKatita

JoniKatita

Oct 16, 2006
OnePlus 3T
I updated to the 20210726-nightly-oneplus3 build yesterday and have been having touchscreen responsiveness issues since where some presses or swipes aren't registered at all.
This has made typing and scrolling news articles a bit frustrating. Beware! :p
Me too. The screen is not working well at all. Sometimes when you click an item it acts like a long press and selects it and when you click on an icon it shows the menu instead of opening the app. Rolled back to previous version and all works ok.
In the "changes to be included in next build" it states: "fixup! InputManagerService: Flag when an injected event is a real input". Maybe it fixes this issue.

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
Me too. The screen is not working well at all. Sometimes when you click an item it acts like a long press and selects it and when you click on an icon it shows the menu instead of opening the app. Rolled back to previous version and all works ok.
In the "changes to be included in next build" it states: "fixup! InputManagerService: Flag when an injected event is a real input". Maybe it fixes this issue.
I've seen the same problem description for OnePlus 6/6T with the 0729-build. Perhaps a generic problem, not device specific.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I can't find the gps.conf file, well I don't know how to look for it and edit it. 😅
    Could you tell me how to do it?
    I am using LOS 18.1 on my OP3 without any google apps and the GPS takes a lot of time to find me (like 5-10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't find me at all). And my phone is rooted.
    Thanks!
    Just like Hemuli said.
    Although I have a few things to add:
    I use Total Commander (it's as lightweight as a root file explorer can be and does everything I need without any unnecessary extra features; you can also download it from apkmirror and install it manually, although that way it won't update automatically).
    And if you don't travel abroad much, you can find the active NTP servers in your country on https://www.ntppool.org (active servers list on the right-hand side of the page). I find it even faster than letting the pool come up with the correct server. Navigate to your country's servers and copy-paste their address to the top of the NTP server list in your gps.conf file in the same format as the addresses that are already there (NO '#' AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ADDED LINES!). Don't forget to save the file.
    This way my phone gets a GPS fix in less than half a minute indoors (outdoors it just takes a few seconds) with the "GPS test" app. (The "GPS status & toolbox" app used to be better, but now it takes ages for it to get a fix for some reason.)
    Also, make a backup of the modified gps.conf file so that you don't have to edit it after every system update. Just copy it in /system/vendor/etc/ and overwrite the original file.

Is Airtel (india) Volte work?
    yes, working, you need to add some code in build.prop file every time when you do an OTA update.

the code is available in this thread, search for it, you will get it.

volte will not show in status bar after adding the code to buidld.prop. but it works.

to test it, turn on the data & make a voice call, if data is not disconnected during your voice call, that means VoLTE is working.
    Usually lineage cannot boot with locked bootloader.
    That´s basically not working because the bootloader will check the rom for a genuine signature.
    Obviously only official OOS has this signature so with a locked bootloader, the device won´t boot up.
    This is actually the intention behind all this bootloader locking and unlocking.

However safetynet should pass.
    I´m rooted with magisk and haven´t changed the rom fingerprint so safetynet should work.
    However i´ve seen cases with two identical devices running the same software configuration but one of the two simply failing safetynet for no reason: After a fully clean flash it was fixed so i suggest trying this first.
    Thats wrong for this device. LineageOS can boot with locked bootloader, as the key is known.
    Hello I would like to know about a very stable ROM to play since I will buy this phone in a short time there is a compatibility problem of some ROMs with the OnePlus 3T
    I don't think it is worth buying the 3T. This phone is too old.
    Hello I would like to know about a very stable ROM to play since I will buy this phone in a short time there is a compatibility problem of some ROMs with the OnePlus 3T
    It is not my intention to hyjack this topic, though when the op3t does not have any issues and the battery is okay then it still is a very good phone, though not for heavy gaming anymore. ..

Talking about and rom to play with; Xtended is a nice and stable rom with a lot of options to play with. Lineage is also very good and does have by far the largest user base though much less options to play with.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC