• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

pigeons9

Nov 12, 2016
OnePlus 3
For those that are curious, or being forced to switch devices because of the 3G sunset, VoLTE is working fine for me on T-Mobile US with the latest LineageOS and I did not need to do any extra configuration. Beforehand I had installed the latest OxygenOS available for this phone (9.0.6).

Reactions: highdiver_2000

Sjhingan

Jul 24, 2018
I have just installed the latest nightly build of Lineage os 18.1 on my op3t. I did a clean install and flashed open gaaps nano and im rooted with MAgisk. I find certain apps crashing repeatedly ( evernote/asus download master) since i have been using this ROm. I dont want to change since i am loving using this rom. I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Hey guys i just recently noticed the vulkan API is missing in 18.1
I´m quite sure it existed in 17.1 and the chipset surely supports it but for some reason it´s not bundled into this rom.
Tried to manually add (probably) compatible libs from snapdragon 625 which also uses a adreno 5xx but unfortunately it seems like the device simply ignores them.

Reactions: aldeiv

hanneshoch3

Mar 22, 2011
I have just installed the latest nightly build of Lineage os 18.1 on my op3t. I did a clean install and flashed open gaaps nano and im rooted with MAgisk. I find certain apps crashing repeatedly ( evernote/asus download master) since i have been using this ROm. I dont want to change since i am loving using this rom. I would appreciate any help you can give me.
Use mindthegapps gapps. Just wipe system, install rom and then install MTG gapps (and then magisk if needed).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sjhingan

Ignass

Mar 22, 2013
Is there a fix for screen wont waking from sleep?
Buttons illuminate but screen only turns randomly at 4-6 try. I can hear that screen is working when its black.
It worked on oos, tried another rom and its the same.

sunnydepu

Jan 15, 2011
I experienced the same issue with the previous builds. It seems resolved with lineage-18.1-20210809-nightly

Ran94

May 20, 2017
OnePlus 3
I recently installed LineageOS 18.1 on my Oneplus 3. Everything seems to be working well but there is no way to add VOLTE icon to status bar. I'm using Jio(India) Sim.

My question is how can i check if Volte is working since there is no indicator in status bar
If Volte is working, how can I add the indicator to status bar.

(Area in my network is very suspect. So Volte icon is quick indicator to move to some other area to make calls )

Thanks

Cotopaxi42

Aug 30, 2015
Hi there,
I updated to the latest version of LOS 18.1 on my OP3. My phone is encrypted but when it's starting up, it doesn't ask for my password during boot.. Same thing to access TWRP. But in the security preferences, it says that the phone is encrypted...
Is it normal? It doesn't seem to be.
Thanks!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JoeBar07 and Hemuli

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
Hi there,
I updated to the latest version of LOS 18.1 on my OP3. My phone is encrypted but when it's starting up, it doesn't ask for my password during boot.. Same thing to access TWRP. But in the security preferences, it says that the phone is encrypted...
Is it normal? It doesn't seem to be.
Thanks!
I've been wondering the same thing. I assumed that the encryption was changed to file-based encryption (FBE), which means that the encryption key is not needed for files encrpyted with device key. But now that I checked
Code:
getprop ro.crypto.type
, it returned
Code:
block
. This means that the whole disk is encrpyted (FDE), which requires unlocking every time you boot the phone normally or to recovery. The thing is, I don't need to unlock it in either case, i.e. anyone with physical access to my phone has access to my files as if there were no encryption.

• Wow
Reactions: JoeBar07

[GER]Roxxor

I've been wondering the same thing. I assumed that the encryption was changed to file-based encryption (FBE), which means that the encryption key is not needed for files encrpyted with device key. But now that I checked
Code:
getprop ro.crypto.type
, it returned
Code:
block
. This means that the whole disk is encrpyted (FDE), which requires unlocking every time you boot the phone normally or to recovery. The thing is, I don't need to unlock it in either case, i.e. anyone with physical access to my phone has access to my files as if there were no encryption.
As far as I understand, the device is encrypted with a key in the Qualcom security chip. If you do not set a PIN/Password, then the security chip just hands out the key without checks and the phone can "unlock itself". This is still handy if you factory reset your phone: The security chip deletes the key, and the data can not be recovered (in contrary for it just plainly being written to the flash without encryption).
You have to set a PIN/Password in the security settings. As soon as this is set, you wont be able to decrypt without it. Thats also why you can cahnge the Pin! If the Pin would be your key, all data would have to be reencrypted everytime. But as it is just a Pasword for the real Key to be unlocked, it may be changed.

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
As far as I understand, the device is encrypted with a key in the Qualcom security chip. If you do not set a PIN/Password, then the security chip just hands out the key without checks and the phone can "unlock itself". This is still handy if you factory reset your phone: The security chip deletes the key, and the data can not be recovered (in contrary for it just plainly being written to the flash without encryption).
You have to set a PIN/Password in the security settings. As soon as this is set, you wont be able to decrypt without it. Thats also why you can cahnge the Pin! If the Pin would be your key, all data would have to be reencrypted everytime. But as it is just a Pasword for the real Key to be unlocked, it may be changed.
I am using a pattern lock. I'll try if changing to PIN or password helps.

For reference, I use Magisk, and I did a dirty upgrade from official LOS 17.1 and haven't noticed any other issues or weirdness.

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
OK, I managed to sort it out. I went on to change the screen lock method, and I noticed the following message about accessibility services:
screen lock.png

I had set up an open source app called FakeStandby as an accessibility service. I went on to disable that, and the message from the screenshot disappeared.

Then, I disabled screen lock altogether and set it up again. Now the devices asks for unlocking when I reboot.

E: There's also a mention about the device no longer using screen lock to enhance data encryption when enabling an accessibility service.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeBar07

quotendepp

Aug 27, 2021
Hello folks,

beginner here so my question might be answered somewhere, I'd just like to make sure to do it the right way and there's so much information over the years:

I flashed LineageOS 18.1 on my OP3T and everything works fine, only safetynet doesn't pass. I'm not rooted, but my bootloader is still unlocked, so I suspect it's that. I read in this thread that some of you are using LineageOS with locked bootloader. What's the current right and safe way to achieve that?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kurt Krummbein

Jul 19, 2011
OnePlus X
OnePlus 3T
1. First and most important, you have to have a current TWRP installed.
2. Locking the bootloader is doing a factory-reset, all your data (also data/media !!!) is wiped.
3. There was a problem with encryped phones and OTA updates, when the device rebooted for the OTA-update, decryption was failing/missing and the device went into a boot-loop :-(. Never dared to check if that was fixed, always downloaded the updates on PC and flashed via sideload.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh wow, we didn't have zram enabled. That should explain why 6 GB didn't feel quite as massive as it is. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/319510
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Download latest BSG-Gcam8.1 here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl59/
    Download and apply this XML in the attached file (done by me for tuning a bit the lib), then apply this lib (done by MWP) https://t.me/gcamlibs/46
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Answering to myself, if someone cares, using Arnova8G2 (GCam 7.3) with op3-base-arnova7.3.xml with very good results
    FYI:

My battery drain without any use
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC