• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

rohan164

Aug 19, 2014

Is Airtel (india) Volte work?
yes, working, you need to add some code in build.prop file every time when you do an OTA update.

the code is available in this thread, search for it, you will get it.

volte will not show in status bar after adding the code to buidld.prop. but it works.

to test it, turn on the data & make a voice call, if data is not disconnected during your voice call, that means VoLTE is working.

Reactions: highdiver_2000

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
yes, working, you need to add some code in build.prop file every time when you do an OTA update.

the code is available in this thread, search for it, you will get it.

volte will not show in status bar after adding the code to buidld.prop. but it works.

to test it, turn on the data & make a voice call, if data is not disconnected during your voice call, that means VoLTE is working.
Look here.

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
For those that are curious, or being forced to switch devices because of the 3G sunset, VoLTE is working fine for me on T-Mobile US with the latest LineageOS and I did not need to do any extra configuration. Beforehand I had installed the latest OxygenOS available for this phone (9.0.6).
Its because Oneplus added a T-Mobile carrrier profile. Casual could active VoLTE way before but the step where to advanced.

Hello folks,

beginner here so my question might be answered somewhere, I'd just like to make sure to do it the right way and there's so much information over the years:

I flashed LineageOS 18.1 on my OP3T and everything works fine, only safetynet doesn't pass. I'm not rooted, but my bootloader is still unlocked, so I suspect it's that. I read in this thread that some of you are using LineageOS with locked bootloader. What's the current right and safe way to achieve that?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Where did you read about this?
Usually lineage cannot boot with locked bootloader.
That´s basically not working because the bootloader will check the rom for a genuine signature.
Obviously only official OOS has this signature so with a locked bootloader, the device won´t boot up.
This is actually the intention behind all this bootloader locking and unlocking.

However safetynet should pass.
I´m rooted with magisk and haven´t changed the rom fingerprint so safetynet should work.
However i´ve seen cases with two identical devices running the same software configuration but one of the two simply failing safetynet for no reason: After a fully clean flash it was fixed so i suggest trying this first.

Not-Aus

That´s basically not working because the bootloader will check the rom for a genuine signature.
Obviously only official OOS has this signature so with a locked bootloader, the device won´t boot up.
This is actually the intention behind all this bootloader locking and unlocking.

I´m rooted with magisk and haven´t changed the rom fingerprint so safetynet should work.
However i´ve seen cases with two identical devices running the same software configuration but one of the two simply failing safetynet for no reason: After a fully clean flash it was fixed so i suggest trying this first.
Thats wrong for this device. LineageOS can boot with locked bootloader, as the key is known.

Reactions: Flippiej

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
Where did you read about this?

There are comments in this thread that indicate you can have a locked bootloader. You have to unlock it for the very 1st install and after finishing the installation, you can lock it again should you wish to.

batmanfeynman

Sep 4, 2021
Hi everyone. I am facing Issues with sending SMS with JIO (An indian carrier with LTE only network).

I have 2 sim cards: One from JIO, a 4g only carrier and another from Vi (Vodafone) which has 2G/3G/4G. I flashed Lineageos first more than a year ago and everything was fine. But sometime around april this year SMS stopped working just for the JIO sim. Calling and Data work fine. I am not sure but i think I updated(17.1 -> 17.1) before this happened. Today i finally decided to investigate this. I tried the JIO SIM on another android phone as well as an iPhone and it works fine. but on my OP3T, it refuses to receive or send SMS. The Vi SIM doesn't seem to have any issues.

Another interesting sidenote is that if i remove the sim from the iPhone and put it in the OP3T, it doesn't work until i reboot the OP3T!

Can someone help me figure out what the problem is?

I tried updating to 18.1 today. It didn't solve the Issue. So currently I am on 18.1

Chris_0147

Dec 24, 2020
Hello I would like to know about a very stable ROM to play since I will buy this phone in a short time there is a compatibility problem of some ROMs with the OnePlus 3T

Jan_L

Jan 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 3T
Hello I would like to know about a very stable ROM to play since I will buy this phone in a short time there is a compatibility problem of some ROMs with the OnePlus 3T
It is not my intention to hyjack this topic, though when the op3t does not have any issues and the battery is okay then it still is a very good phone, though not for heavy gaming anymore. ..

Talking about and rom to play with; Xtended is a nice and stable rom with a lot of options to play with. Lineage is also very good and does have by far the largest user base though much less options to play with.

Reactions: Chris_0147

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
I don't think it is worth buying the 3T. This phone is too old.
I think the phone is definitely worth buying if you can find one cheap enough. It's still fast enough for daily use. I would take op3 with this rom any day over a new phone with manufacturer-locked Android.

The age is a pro in that you should find dirt cheap ones at this point. There are two drawbacks, however. The batteries are no longer new (mine is still good enough for normal use), and there's a common HW issue with rear camera focusing. It's a bit of a roulette when buying a used device.

Reactions: highdiver_2000

Cotopaxi42

Aug 30, 2015
If your phone is rooted and you're in either Asia, Europe, or North America, search for the gps.conf file on your phone, open it for editing, and in the NTP Server section of the file uncomment (aka delete the "#" from the beginning of) the line that's corresponding with your location. Don't forget to save.
I did this on 17.1 and now on my fresh install of 18.1, too. The first GPS fix (I used GPS Status & Toolbox) took my 3T 24 seconds. Indoors.
If it's not rooted, figure out how to edit the file/overwrite the original file with an edited one. Google is your friend ;)
Also, if you decide to root, be careful. I locked the bootloader on a fresh install, set everything up without a hitch, but after that installing Magisk put the device in a bootloop. I had to open the bootloader again and thus lost all the data on the phone. Fortunately, I had a fresh backup.

/Here comes Vertigo in 3... 2... 1... xD/
Hi,
I can't find the gps.conf file, well I don't know how to look for it and edit it. 😅
Could you tell me how to do it?
I am using LOS 18.1 on my OP3 without any google apps and the GPS takes a lot of time to find me (like 5-10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't find me at all). And my phone is rooted.
Thanks!

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
Hi,
I can't find the gps.conf file, well I don't know how to look for it and edit it. 😅
I am using LOS 18.1 on my OP3 without any google apps and the GPS takes a lot of time to find me (like 5-10 minutes and sometimes it doesn't find me at all). And my phone is rooted.
Thanks!
I believe the path is /system/vendor/etc/gps.conf

Use any file manager that knows about root. For example Amaze from F-droid. It also includes a text file editor.

I would suggest using pool.ntp.org since that seems to find the closest server for me (noticeably better than the ones with the continent).

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Hi,
Thanks!
Just like Hemuli said.
Although I have a few things to add:
I use Total Commander (it's as lightweight as a root file explorer can be and does everything I need without any unnecessary extra features; you can also download it from apkmirror and install it manually, although that way it won't update automatically).
And if you don't travel abroad much, you can find the active NTP servers in your country on https://www.ntppool.org (active servers list on the right-hand side of the page). I find it even faster than letting the pool come up with the correct server. Navigate to your country's servers and copy-paste their address to the top of the NTP server list in your gps.conf file in the same format as the addresses that are already there (NO '#' AT THE BEGINNING OF THE ADDED LINES!). Don't forget to save the file.
This way my phone gets a GPS fix in less than half a minute indoors (outdoors it just takes a few seconds) with the "GPS test" app. (The "GPS status & toolbox" app used to be better, but now it takes ages for it to get a fix for some reason.)
Also, make a backup of the modified gps.conf file so that you don't have to edit it after every system update. Just copy it in /system/vendor/etc/ and overwrite the original file.

Last edited:

Cotopaxi42

Aug 30, 2015
I believe the path is /system/vendor/etc/gps.conf

Use any file manager that knows about root. For example Amaze from F-droid. It also includes a text file editor.

I would suggest using pool.ntp.org since that seems to find the closest server for me (noticeably better than the ones with the continent).
Thank you everybody for your answers!
Are you using Magisk to get root? I do and can go to /system/vendor/etc/ with Amaze or Ghost Commander, being root, but then I can't modify the file gps.conf, it doesn't save (opening it with Amaze text editor or Ghost commander text editor), I don't know why... If you have a solution, I'm interested.
Thanks again!

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Thank you everybody for your answers!
Are you using Magisk to get root? I do and can go to /system/vendor/etc/ with Amaze or Ghost Commander, being root, but then I can't modify the file gps.conf, it doesn't save (opening it with Amaze text editor or Ghost commander text editor), I don't know why... If you have a solution, I'm interested.
Thanks again!
Try Total Commander. Select the file, "Edit file", add the lines, tap the save icon, allow everything it prompts for and that's it.
Or copy it to a folder that doesn't require root access to modify its contents (like the Download folder, for example), modify and save it there, then copy/move it back to its original location and allow the file explorer you're using to overwrite it.

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
I think the phone is definitely worth buying if you can find one cheap enough. It's still fast enough for daily use. I would take op3 with this rom any day over a new phone with manufacturer-locked Android.

The age is a pro in that you should find dirt cheap ones at this point. There are two drawbacks, however. The batteries are no longer new (mine is still good enough for normal use), and there's a common HW issue with rear camera focusing. It's a bit of a roulette when buying a used device.
I have a 3T, will be using that to test out Android 12.

borisSweden

May 10, 2021

As a 3T owner in Scandinavia, I disagree. I missed some pretty good standards and eploits. I cant hack VoLTE on, Oneplus didnt add the full connectivity stack that was possible, I and mnay got scewed by Oneplus with the leaks, OxygenOS was bad becuse of bad code, OP should pick a phone with up to standard. 3G is shutting down and the phone isnt supported.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018

I think it's fine to keep using it if you have one and slap on custom ROMs, etc. I definitely wouldn't buy one anymore. Even when buying a used device, I will prefer a more modern one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh wow, we didn't have zram enabled. That should explain why 6 GB didn't feel quite as massive as it is. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/319510
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Download latest BSG-Gcam8.1 here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl59/
    Download and apply this XML in the attached file (done by me for tuning a bit the lib), then apply this lib (done by MWP) https://t.me/gcamlibs/46
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Answering to myself, if someone cares, using Arnova8G2 (GCam 7.3) with op3-base-arnova7.3.xml with very good results
    FYI:

My battery drain without any use
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC