• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

Ran94

May 20, 2017
OnePlus 3
No.
Only weekly kernel panics for me
Oh, I'm using OnePlus 3. I recently installed LineageOS and updated with nightly builds twice and this happened both the times.
Even though "Swap Captive buttons" is enabled after the update but it works as though the buttons are disabled.
Same with Gestures. I changed "V" gesture to enable/disable flashlight, but after the update camera opens instead of flash. (on ux it still shows flash though)

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Oh, I'm using OnePlus 3. I recently installed LineageOS and updated with nightly builds twice and this happened both the times.
Even though "Swap Captive buttons" is enabled after the update but it works as though the buttons are disabled.
Same with Gestures. I changed "V" gesture to enable/disable flashlight, but after the update camera opens instead of flash. (on ux it still shows flash though)
Which ROM was installed before LOS? Was it a clean install of LOS? Is the display of your phone the original one or was it replaced by the official OP repair shop?

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Anyone knows how to get VoLTE working for Telefonica/O2 Germany? Tried a different build prop, didnt work for me. Now that all 3G is shutting down, I experience horrible call experiences.
I had flashed OOS 9.0.6 and followed a guide like that:

Unfortunately the phone defaulted back after a couple of minutes. Later on I read that deleting the files in /system/something/or/other prevents that from happening, but I had already restored my backup.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
I had flashed OOS 9.0.6 and followed a guide like that:

Unfortunately the phone defaulted back after a couple of minutes. Later on I read that deleting the files in /system/something/or/other prevents that from happening, but I had already restored my backup.

Hope somebody can shed some light on this.
Do you mean this ?

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Do you mean this ?

No that didn't work for me. VoLTE seems different depending on provider/location. I had to change the provider profile with the PDC tool.

Immortalis

May 31, 2012
Warsaw
No that didn't work for me. VoLTE seems different depending on provider/location. I had to change the provider profile with the PDC tool.
Have you had any success with importing mbn files using PDC tool?
For some reason, when I click import and select an mbn file, nothing actually happens; EfsTools didn't help either.
I contacted my carrier and I got a response stating that VoLTE is enabled by default, but my phone shows "IMS not registered" in *#*#4636#*#*

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Have you had any success with importing mbn files using PDC tool?
For some reason, when I click import and select an mbn file, nothing actually happens; EfsTools didn't help either.
I contacted my carrier and I got a response stating that VoLTE is enabled by default, but my phone shows "IMS not registered" in *#*#4636#*#*
No I didn't import anything just used the ones that were directly available.
Did you unload the default one beforehand and did you put the phone in Full-Port Mode with *#801#?
But like I said even though it said VoLTE (or was it 4G+ ?) in the OOS status bar and there was an HD symbol when making a call the phone defaulted back after a couple of minutes. Wether that's because of the wrong mbn profile or because the phone writes something to system or efs I'm not sure.

Looking at the mbn repo there are carriers specific and common mbn. There have been reports of people activating 4G calling out of the box thanks to Android 11 API.
Sure if you're lucky but if it would be that easy I bet dianlujitao would've already implemented it. I mean when I tested my Sim in a Oneplus Nord VoLTE worked in seconds but I guess it uses some sort of a RIL standard handshake that goes straight to the firmware. But I'm way out of my depth here.

Immortalis

May 31, 2012
Warsaw
Did you unload the default one beforehand and did you put the phone in Full-Port Mode with *#801#?
No, I used adb method to enable diag mode, even when I was on OOS for a moment, but PDC tool did detect my phone nonetheless, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is it important to use Engineer Tools built in OOS?
I even used unbrick tool to nuke entire system, go back to OOS 6 and start over, unfortunately it didn't help.

But I did unload the default profile first, yes.

Anyway, I'm grateful that LOS exists, OOS was laggy as hell in my experience

borisSweden

May 10, 2021
No, I used adb method to enable diag mode, even when I was on OOS for a moment, but PDC tool did detect my phone nonetheless, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Is it important to use Engineer Tools built in OOS?
I even used unbrick tool to nuke entire system, go back to OOS 6 and start over, unfortunately it didn't help.

But I did unload the default profile first, yes.

Anyway, I'm grateful that LOS exists, OOS was laggy as hell in my experience
For some reason, phones are using a universal IMS/mbn/3gpp approved 4G registration since last year. If its a module/API, surely it can be ported. Phone with 820/821 arent that much supported, only a small group of carriers sold the phone because of hype. Also the Qualcomm mbn site isnt updating its repo

But there is another more archaic solution. Its the Sony modem port solution but Jamal stopped adding mbn files.

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Mmh I guess that should work too but you I can only tell you that it worked briefly with *#801# / Factory Mode. Maybe you didn't run PDC as administrator?

FYI atm I'm back on OSS atm

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
For some reason, phones are using a universal IMS/mbn/3gpp approved 4G registration since last year. If its a module/API, surely it can be ported. Phone with 820/821 arent that much supported, only a small group of carriers sold the phone because of hype. Also the Qualcomm mbn site isnt updating its repo

But there is another more archaic solution. Its the Sony modem port solution but Jamal stopped adding mbn files.
Any useful hint on how to get / generate the rawprogram_unsparse_without_qcn.xml and Patch0.xml for QFIL?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone knows how to get VoLTE working for Telefonica/O2 Germany? Tried a different build prop, didnt work for me. Now that all 3G is shutting down, I experience horrible call experiences.
    Thank you deeply!! Waiting patiently on stable release to install.
    There probably won't be a stable release. LOS 17.1 never had any. The weekly builds are stable and reliable enough for daily use
    I tried with or without admin privileges, same thing happens
    Alright, seems like I got it working for O2 Germany:
    IMAGE 2021-09-26 19:46:31.jpg

Basicly I followed this guide in LineageOS directly:
    As Profile I selected H3G_DENMARK_COMMERCIAL, the options are very limited:
    Screen Shot 2021-09-26 at 19.26.21.png

No module, edited build.prop or configured APN.
    Alright, seems like I got it working for O2 Germany
    I was somewhat following this guide and got it working too, on a profile "Volte_OpenMkt-Commercial-CMCC" (Play Poland).
    Importing profiles doesn't work, and I'm not sure if modifying NON-HLOS.bin made a difference.
    I'll keep trying, maybe new profiles will show up in PDC.
    But hey, if it works :D
    So...I take you have a A3000. Yeah that's a problem and a half.

No, its the A3003 as I live in Europe.
    A3003 is Europe or Asia:
    Obviously they are shipped with different efs profiles (since OOS firmware is the same, but results in different ürofiles shown in pdc).
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC