• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Thanks. Can one flash magisk without a custom recovery like twrp and root? If yes, can you point to the procedure? I searched but I am not sure.
You need a recovery able to flash arbritary flashable zips and/or images and/or an unlocked bootloader. Since stock oos recobery doesn't support this the answer is obviously no.
To use los you need los recovery or twrp anyway. If your question relates to stock oos this is obviously the wrong place to ask.

Please also read and respect OP:
Important information:
This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
  • Custom kernels
  • Mods
  • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
  • Flashed a custom kernel
  • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
  • Modified system files

Magisk is a mod altering system files.

hemantkarandikar

Apr 21, 2011
You need a recovery able to flash arbritary flashable zips and/or images and/or an unlocked bootloader. Since stock oos recobery doesn't support this the answer is obviously no.
To use los you need los recovery or twrp anyway. If your question relates to stock oos this is obviously the wrong place to ask.

Please also read and respect OP:

Magisk is a mod altering system files.
My question was regarding first time flashing of twrp and then booting in twrp which was a trial and error processi keeping power and vol buttons pressed. Naturally it was stock os. I was asked to use magisk that's why I asked the question.

So it was in all in context.

Coming from stock to Lineage 18.1 is part of this thread. I followed the OP procedure and had a problem at twrp stage itself, that's why I asked. So don't think it is OT.

btw way I have also raised this in 1+3 twrp thread.

It is a problem. Whether to alert people about it is OP's decision. I felt I should raise it.

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Well, one could try to install magisk "manually":

But why make this any more complicated than it needs to be.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
Well, one could try to install magisk "manually":

But why make this any more complicated than it needs to be.
You need to read my posting more carefully. I wtote:

To manually root the device, you need to flash the patched boot image via fastboot. To flash the patched boot image, you need an unlocked boot loader.

Since this makes no sense, because you need a custom recovery for running los.

You can always boot a custom recovery with an unlocked bootloader, without flashing it (fastboot boot twrp*.img), flash los and boot the flashed los (which will boot with unlocked bootloader) I see no reason to install magisk on oos in order to install los.

JoeBar07

Jan 7, 2019
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
To manually root the device, you need to flash the patched boot image via fastboot. To flash the patched boot image, you need an unlocked boot loader.

Since this makes no sense, because you need a custom recovery for running los.
Yeah I couldn't see a reason either not to use a custom Recovery but went ahead answering the question anyway which was:
Can one flash magisk without a custom recovery like twrp and root?
Then I strongly suggested to use TWRP.
I see no reason to install magisk on oos in order to install los.
My point was that you don't have to lock the bootloader to make Twrp stick regardless of OS. Last time I did install magisk in OOS was when I flipped the experimental VoLTE bit in the firmware, still wonder if that was necessary.

bian_ki

Mar 22, 2018
St. Petersburg
I can't use NFC for working with Mifare Classic tags and Yubikey token.
I don't know about payments, I don't use them.

Is this a known issue for LineageOS 18.1?

generalprobe

Feb 9, 2015
OnePlus 3
Is there a way to find out what drains my battery? I know there is better battery stats, but even though my phone consumes 2% of battery per hour (full idle for 10 hours overnight) I do not see anything noteworthy under "partial wakelocks", also "kernel wakelocks" do not add up to the full "awake / screen off" time.

I even did a full reset of the phone end of September, it worked for two or three weeks, but out of the sudden it started again. I did not even update to the next nightly ...

This is such a great phone, but it is barely useable for me, if it runs out of battery after a few hours of useage.

Please help!

Jan_L

Jan 15, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 3T
Is there a way to find out what drains my battery? I know there is better battery stats, but even though my phone consumes 2% of battery per hour (full idle for 10 hours overnight) I do not see anything noteworthy under "partial wakelocks", also "kernel wakelocks" do not add up to the full "awake / screen off" time.
And also the overview when clicking on the percentage under battery is not giving any hints? When you are talking about wakelocks I am almost sure you checked that, but just to be sure... 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-221148854.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-221148854.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 49

generalprobe

Feb 9, 2015
OnePlus 3
@Jan_L
Yes, the built in "Battery App" shows me 4-5% consumed but my phone is at 60% battery. Even if I enable all system apps on the "three dots" i roughly get up to 1/2 of the drained battery (which would be the normal/expected level of drain)

hlfire

Sep 16, 2016
First and foremost, like to thank everyone for making 18.1 official alive and well with OP3T.

I custom rom multiple phones even with nightlys regularly so I know the process well and even tried tinkering sideload vs internal storage, Gapps, no-Gapps, etc.

I still have a nagging issue that makes this ROM a major pain and unusable.

My phone boots fine and works without any problems until i lock the screen (or timer locks it). When i unlock it i can hear i unlocked the screen properly, by power button press or by fingerprint. The screen is still black and dark.

I did enable double click toolbar top to re-enable lock to troubleshoot. So what i do is able to relock by double clicking top part of the black screen and hear the phone relock. I unlock via fingerprint and it's dark again. It would do this 9/10 times with the odd 1/10 times screen showing.

I know i'm going into lock and unlock properly not just from sounds but also by setting LEDs on the touch buttons turning on. I can replicate this over and over and found on avg 1/10 times to be successful in getting screen displayed (not black). FYI when it's black, you can still open apps and do other stuff but you are doing it blind.

I experimented with changing display options, font sizes, color,, you name it but unable to find a workaround fix.

Anyone have a fix, workaround, suggestion or solution? Else i just need to wait for the next latest nightly to release and retry and hope one day this bug is fixed on my OP3T.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
@hlfire:
What about other non-oos based, source build roms? Is the diaplay panel original or replaced with a third party panel? Sounds to me like the well known panel bug, but maybe my memory tricks me. Please search the older los (15.1 to 17.1) threads.

hlfire

Sep 16, 2016
@hlfire:
What about other non-oos based, source build roms? Is the diaplay panel original or replaced with a third party panel? Sounds to me like the well known panel bug, but maybe my memory tricks me. Please search the older los (15.1 to 17.1) threads.

The panel I cannot confirm is original as I'm was given the phone (not brand new). However, i didn't have such issues running stock rom. I see issues with older threads which i searched prior to this post but found nothing similar.

I may just load 17.1 and see.

nvertigo67

Dec 28, 2011
The panel I cannot confirm is original as I'm was given the phone (not brand new). However, i didn't have such issues running stock rom. I see issues with older threads which i searched prior to this post but found nothing similar.

I can't tell if you havn't found the conversations on black screen after panel replacement (then you havn't searched hard enough, or has been too lazy to search for "replacememt screen wake" over the forum, after my last posting), or if your issue is completely different (then you are on your own, necause you are the only one suffering from this).

A few examples:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...r-oneplus-3-3t.3866517/page-168#post-80480431 fff.

Initial search:

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012
I have replaced my screen before. Just clear the cache and all is good.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Oh wow, we didn't have zram enabled. That should explain why 6 GB didn't feel quite as massive as it is. https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_oneplus3/+/319510
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Download latest BSG-Gcam8.1 here https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/dev-bsg/f/dl59/
    Download and apply this XML in the attached file (done by me for tuning a bit the lib), then apply this lib (done by MWP) https://t.me/gcamlibs/46
    Hi there, anyone knows wich would be the best Gcam available for 18.1? No config files for Oneplus 3T in the latest versions.
    Many thanks
    Answering to myself, if someone cares, using Arnova8G2 (GCam 7.3) with op3-base-arnova7.3.xml with very good results
    FYI:

My battery drain without any use
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    Screenshot_20210210-044409_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210210-044354_BBS.png
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-174531_BBS.png
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    Screenshot_20210209-174523_BBS.pngScreenshot_20210209-202825_BBS.png

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    I just built LOS 18.1 (see attached roomservice.xml for OP3/3T and OP5T) for testing (with the March security update - see attached screenshot).
    I successfully flashed LOS 18.1 on official LOS 17.1 via a dirty flash (wipe system/caches + flash build & MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210220_140101).
    Note that I didn't flash Magisk and that safetynet passed (see attached screenshot - my BL is locked)
    Download :
    - Build 0312 : https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=2188818919693753932
    - MindTheGapp : https://wiki.lineageos.org/gapps.html

Thanks for the great job @dianlujitao !
    DOWNLOAD:
    * Build type : unofficial ... daily or weekly ... it depends on LOS gerrit
    * Synced LineageOS sources
    * All credit goes to LOS Team and @dianlujitao
    ==> https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=323965&sort_by=date&sort_dir=DESC