[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

Not-Aus

Sep 5, 2017
Minden
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 9
About Drop 18.1 devices :

FYI, I will try to build monthly (as soon as the security patch is merged).

Unofficial builds (only LOS and TheMuppets sources - Test-keys):
==> https://androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=336672
We could still get official monthlys, look here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-samsung-galaxy-s5-klte.4267517/post-87636795

Official LineageOS 18.1 Updates Now Monthly!
Bad news & good news. LineageOS in the recent past supported only 2 Android versions @ the same time because of infrastructure, LineageOS automated builder, servers & volunteer staff limitations and with the current testing and eventual launch of LOS 20.0 (no ETA questions please), all 18.1 supported devices should be on the chopping block.
But this time the devs made an exception. This LineageOS Gerrit Code Review change removed 89 devices from the weekly build roster Drop 18.1 devices:
if maintainers are still active, their devices can be re-added as monthly.
And this change added 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices to the new monthly build roster: "I am alive, but very badly burned". Note that the S5 klte* family is on that lineage-build-targets list! :cool: 👍
Several of those legacy devices like the klte* cannot be promoted to official 19.1 or 20 as explained in LineageOS Changelog 26 - Tailored Twelve, Audacious Automotive, Neat Networking, Devoted Developers > Let’s talk about legacy devices chapter.
You can see the current LineageOS build roster in the hudson/lineage-build-targets on GitHub. At the present there are 105 devices supported with LineageOS 19.1 weekly builds & + the 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices.
An amazing achievement for a volunteer-based organization. ↑ (ツ)
I'm grateful for those LineageOS 18.1 devices that will get about 1 years' worth of monthly Android security bumps & some other changes. ٩(- ̮̮̃-̃)۶

D

Deleted member 5616867

This device is still pretty much functional for me, better than any budget phone i tried released this year, the best phone from it's generation
shame this should come to an end just because of the stupid kernel that is hard to build

We could still get official monthlys, look here:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-samsung-galaxy-s5-klte.4267517/post-87636795

Official LineageOS 18.1 Updates Now Monthly!
Bad news & good news. LineageOS in the recent past supported only 2 Android versions @ the same time because of infrastructure, LineageOS automated builder, servers & volunteer staff limitations and with the current testing and eventual launch of LOS 20.0 (no ETA questions please), all 18.1 supported devices should be on the chopping block.
But this time the devs made an exception. This LineageOS Gerrit Code Review change removed 89 devices from the weekly build roster Drop 18.1 devices:

And this change added 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices to the new monthly build roster: "I am alive, but very badly burned". Note that the S5 klte* family is on that lineage-build-targets list! :cool: 👍
Several of those legacy devices like the klte* cannot be promoted to official 19.1 or 20 as explained in LineageOS Changelog 26 - Tailored Twelve, Audacious Automotive, Neat Networking, Devoted Developers > Let’s talk about legacy devices chapter.
You can see the current LineageOS build roster in the hudson/lineage-build-targets on GitHub. At the present there are 105 devices supported with LineageOS 19.1 weekly builds & + the 57 LineageOS 18.1 devices.
An amazing achievement for a volunteer-based organization. ↑ (ツ)
I'm grateful for those LineageOS 18.1 devices that will get about 1 years' worth of monthly Android security bumps & some other changes. ٩(- ̮̮̃-̃)۶
dianlujitao already moved to another phone, los op3 page stated that it's no longer maintained

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: tnttrx

hi_mahou

Jan 19, 2010
Thank you @dianlujitao for all the hard work over the years. Is there any problems with the final update?

I just want to make sure before I update as I still use it as my daily driver.

metterschling

Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
@dianlujitao Thank you so much, many thanks from my wife too, she is very pleased that her phone's lifetime gets extended with easy-to-consume OTA updates. @TimSchumi congrats for taking responsibility! Both of you are role models for successful Open Source development.

berturion

Feb 12, 2011
Bordeaux
This is excellent news. Thank you, to all contributors. I am very happy to be able to extend my phone's life thanks to you. You are amazing.

666biker

Oct 2, 2014
any info pls about LOS 18.1 OP3T?
Will be the build with november security patch also available on los download page or somewhere?

Many thanks for all the work.

someOn3

Jan 17, 2019
Same here, wondering if there will be an update soon?
I see no nightly yet for 18.1 since end of october

tnttrx

Nov 23, 2012
OP3/OP3T are too good pieces of hardware to be neglected: decent CPU, 6GB RAM, 4K OIS camera... :(

666biker

Oct 2, 2014
last info was that new guy "TimSchumi" take the responsibility for the next OP3 builds, is that not true? Or next builds which will be possible to flash in usual way will be not more provided for normal users? Or how it was meant please? thx

Reactions: BillGoss

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Reactions: tnttrx and lui_16

lui_16

Feb 5, 2021
Thank you very much @TimSchumi for keeping our old but loved OP3 alive.
Last month i thought, the end is there now, but now we are still going forward! 👏

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A number of people keep asking about when is the next build coming out. Maybe we add that info to the 1st post?
    Phone is on monthly cycle, so wait for 1 february.
    ROM has OTA.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.