[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

rei20

Sep 5, 2021
Trying to choose between mindtheGapps, NickGapps and Opengapps...
MTG is the recommended by LOS, but nervous about flashing something from the internet that doesn't even have a checksum.
Also read on this thread micro openGapps gives better battery life.

For Gcam, does anyone have an up to date xml profile since this one from a year ago:
BSG-Gcam8.1

Will try this solution if VoLTE doesn't work (UK):
No root, No OOS, locked bootloader solution for Europe
Seem he also managed to get VoWifi working, hurray!

Read here it's possible to lock bootloader with TWRP and root: just need to patch boot and flash after OTA but before reboot.
My doubt is, can you still update TWRP by fastboot flash recovery?

Overall, this s still a great phone, and replacing battery every 2 years I hope I'll pass it on to my grandsons 😂
Thank you to dianlujitao and TimSchumi for keeping this project alive.

Not-Aus

Sep 5, 2017
Minden
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 9
Trying to choose between mindtheGapps, NickGapps and Opengapps...
MTG is the recommended by LOS, but nervous about flashing something from the internet that doesn't even have a checksum.
Also read on this thread micro openGapps gives better battery life.
I find opengapps nano is best for this rom.

For Gcam, does anyone have an up to date xml profile since this one from a year ago:
BSG-Gcam8.1

Will try this solution if VoLTE doesn't work (UK):
No root, No OOS, locked bootloader solution for Europe
Seem he also managed to get VoWifi working, hurray!
Please report back!

Read here it's possible to lock bootloader with TWRP and root: just need to patch boot and flash after OTA but before reboot.
My doubt is, can you still update TWRP by fastboot flash recovery?
No, thats no more possible.
If you try, be sure to have backed up all your data and expect a bootlooping device after update.

Overall, this s still a great phone, and replacing battery every 2 years I hope I'll pass it on to my grandsons 😂
Thank you to dianlujitao and TimSchumi for keeping this project alive.

rei20

Sep 5, 2021
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...n-t-mobile-germany-and-possibly-more.4166511/

This solution is broken in LOS 18.1, perhaps still working on 17.

I played around on the TWRP terminal and couldn't find the file build.prop
Only found default.prop and prop.default but none of them have vendor settings.

I was confusing above microg and opengapps micro. It's microg that gives better battery life, but I don't think you can run it on stock LOS

My 2 biggest issues right now is the crap call quality and not having parallel space. Ideally would like to have 2 whatsapps without installing tons more bloat (island app)
Considering to just sign my own whatsapp package and explore root options to fix VoLTE.

EDIT: workaround was to use whatsapp business, so I could have it in both my sims. It's adual sim phone after all.

Last edited:

rei20

Sep 5, 2021
Posting this very helpful explanation from telegram regarding root and OTA:
TLDR: lygisk if you have stock recovery and updating root in app, Magisk if you have TWRP and update root app by adb sideload (tried TWRP flash first and didn't install properly. Both will handle OTAs automagically.

"Lygisk has only an advantage that if you have an A-only device that is encrypted and the recovery cannot (automatically) decrypt /data, then reinstalling Lygisk during OTA is automatic.
That can also be an advantage on TWRP when your device is encrypted because TWRP can't decrypt /data during OTA either (I believe, I don't use it).

If you patch boot or have /data not encrypted (that's probably with TWRP as I heard it prevents encryption), you should use Magisk;
if you have an addon.d-compatible ROM (such as Lineage OS) with encrypted /data, use Lygisk.

That's not about keeping the stuff in addon.d up-to-date but to have everything needed to install is actually in /system/addon.d because Magisk only stores the install-script there but all the files needed for that are within /data (which is encrypted and thus unavailable).

If you update Lygisk (via direct install), the update will both update Lygisk and the files in addon.d to ensure that Lygisk survives OTA.
That is actually the whole reason why Lygisk exists: You don't need to re-flash Lygisk after OTA manually.

If you use Lygisk when your storage is not encrypted anyway, it won't give you an advantage, but it will still work."

meiser

Nov 6, 2010
Hi,

may I ask you to use latest fingerprints so that we have a chance to pass SafetyNet? --> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ures-nlos-16-0-20220430.3879405/post-78433987

Code:
"OnePlus/OnePlus3/OnePlus3:9/PKQ1.181203.001/1911042107:user/release-keys" and
"OnePlus/OnePlus3/OnePlus3T:9/PKQ1.181203.001/1911042108:user/release-keys" are taken from OOS 9.0.6 which require ro.build.version.security_patch to be 2019-10-01.

Thanks a lot,
meiser

Reactions: Not-Aus

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
That can also be an advantage on TWRP when your device is encrypted because TWRP can't decrypt /data during OTA either (I believe, I don't use it).
TWRP can decrypt /data during OTA. It just asks you to unlock it the same way as in a regular boot. Beware that hitting the cancel button to the prompt will leave a mess behind as it proceeds with the update anyway and fails.

What meaning does encryption have anyway if you can access everything through the recovery without any security measures (assuming the recovery can just boot up to automatically decrypted /data)?

uj91

Dec 10, 2013
Amazon Fire TV
OnePlus 3
i'm on Official Oxygen OS last Android 9 build.
I want to upgrade to A11.
Is LineageOS 18 the most stable A11 ROM?
any bugs?
Any Deep sleep issues due to constant system update check.. like in Pixel Experience rom?

Not-Aus

Sep 5, 2017
Minden
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 9
Thank you so much!
What's the ScreenOn time on the LineageOS 18.1 build?
Can it be made to look like a pixel after flashing Stock Gapps.. like Pixel launcher and other pixel settings?
Which Gapps are closest to a full Pixel package?
Depends on the condition of your battery and installed apps, but its quite good.
You can install different launchers, but I dont know their looks.
Use OpenGapps Nano for Arm64 and install all additional needed apps from Playstore.
Then you have what you want. :)

Reactions: uj91

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Hi,

may I ask you to use latest fingerprints so that we have a chance to pass SafetyNet? --> https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...ures-nlos-16-0-20220430.3879405/post-78433987

Code:
"OnePlus/OnePlus3/OnePlus3:9/PKQ1.181203.001/1911042107:user/release-keys" and
"OnePlus/OnePlus3/OnePlus3T:9/PKQ1.181203.001/1911042108:user/release-keys" are taken from OOS 9.0.6 which require ro.build.version.security_patch to be 2019-10-01.

Thanks a lot,
meiser
FYI:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221225-131349_Settings[1].png
    Screenshot_20221225-131349_Settings[1].png
    149.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20221225-131406_Google_Play_Store[1].png
    Screenshot_20221225-131406_Google_Play_Store[1].png
    126.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20221225-131428_Yet_Another_SafetyNet_Attestation_Checker[1].png
    Screenshot_20221225-131428_Yet_Another_SafetyNet_Attestation_Checker[1].png
    142.2 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: lui_16 and elgab

lui_16

Feb 5, 2021
FYI:
Many Thanks for this nice Script!
Finally I can use PayPal and Google Pay again, that's great👏

Reactions: Eric_Lev

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A number of people keep asking about when is the next build coming out. Maybe we add that info to the 1st post?
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...s-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.