Search This thread

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
sourceforge.net
Reactions: $anket

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
I already write this Query a While ago, facing issue of parallel running of this 3 Apps...

While keeping ROOT BASED ADBLOCK on ADAWAY , hiding the AMAZON on MAGISK, hiding the Magisk Manager done all ,, Still AMAZON stucks out saying not working... Any Solutions !! ??????
Maybe your adblock lists are blocking amazon?

$anket

Feb 10, 2012
I did format data/system/cache multiple times in los recovery but still not able to side load anything. I think when I formatted data in recovery, it messed up my data partition. This error "E:Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to /storage/emulated: No such file or directory" appeared only when I formatted data initially. There was no such error before performing format data.
My conclusion is, formatting system + format data/factory reset in LOS Recovery makes the device unbootable. Even adb sideload won't work. I might be wrong.
Similar issue is discussed here.

Can anyone with a spare device confirm this? (Only do this if u have Unlocked BL)

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
My conclusion is, formatting system + format data/factory reset in LOS Recovery makes the device unbootable. Even adb sideload won't work. I might be wrong.
Similar issue is discussed here.

Can anyone with a spare device confirm this? (Only do this if u have Unlocked BL)
Of course the phone can't boot if you wipe the system partition!

Reactions: $anket

$anket

Feb 10, 2012
Of course the phone can't boot if you wipe the system partition!
Yes I know. But it should allow me adb sideload a rom. But it didn't. During adb sideload, it get stucks around 12% and throws me that bind error. And everytime I boot into recovery, this bind error is displayed permanently at the bottom of the screen.

johngare

Dec 19, 2014
sagay
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL
Anyone experiencing an issue when your screen turns off snd then upon turning it back on either by fingerprint or powerbutton, the screen just keeps on flickering and won't open unless you restart it which is pretty annoying.

Cotopaxi42

Aug 30, 2015
Hi there! Happy to see the OP3 getting LOS 18.1!
Just a few questions before I update from 17.1:
- how is the GPS working? On 16.1 it worked very well, fast and accurate but on 17.1, not so good on my device, even after the GPS patch from months ago (I am not using GApps)
- is it possible to choose the 4G network manually and not only automatically? This option works on LOS 17.1 for the OP3 but I know it doesn't work on the OP2 and OP5 on LOS 17.1 (you can not select manually the network, it's automatic only)
Thanks a lot for your answers!

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Hi there! Happy to see the OP3 getting LOS 18.1!
Just a few questions before I update from 17.1:
- how is the GPS working? On 16.1 it worked very well, fast and accurate but on 17.1, not so good on my device, even after the GPS patch from months ago (I am not using GApps)
- is it possible to choose the 4G network manually and not only automatically? This option works on LOS 17.1 for the OP3 but I know it doesn't work on the OP2 and OP5 on LOS 17.1 (you can not select manually the network, it's automatic only)
Thanks a lot for your answers!
With a little gps.conf file tweaking, the GPS on my OP3T is at least as good as it is with OOS (sub-half a minute GPS position fix indoors.) I've written down what I did in a comment above somewhere, read back or search for it.

defi231

Aug 24, 2012
I guess the problem exists because of Magisk issue #4147. @dianlujitao is obviously aware of the problem. Let's hope topjohnwu can fix it :).
that reminds me of the beginning of LOS 16 there where similar problems with magisk topjohnwu and LOS from dianlujitao, nvertigo created a workaround / bootsigner

would this help in this case too?

an0ndr0id

Apr 30, 2019
I already write this Query a While ago, facing issue of parallel running of this 3 Apps...

While keeping ROOT BASED ADBLOCK on ADAWAY , hiding the AMAZON on MAGISK, hiding the Magisk Manager done all ,, Still AMAZON stucks out saying not working... Any Solutions !! ??????
Preferences > Root based ad blocker > Deselect Enable web server

Reactions: vettayyan

an0ndr0id

Apr 30, 2019
A dirty flash update resulted in a boot loop. Installing a patched boot image (I created it before flashing the update) fixed the problem.
I noticed that the Magisk add-on script execution had an error but finished successfully:
Code:
sh: 21: unknown operand
! Unable to detect Magisk Manager APK for BootSigner
I ran the 04.12 ota update and received the same Magisk error (the 04.05 update did not have this this error) resulting in a bootloop. Are you patching each update?

Last edited:

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I ran the 04.12 ota update and received the same Magisk error (the 04.05 update did not have this this error) resulting in a bootloop. Are you patching each update?
I'm back on an unlocked bootloader so I no longer have problems dirty flashing updates. In fact, I'm on 0412 after dirty flashing it over 0405. Magisk add-on survived nicely.

But if you have a locked bootloader then you'll need to create a patched boot image of 0412 using the Magisk app when the system is running and then in TWRP install that patched image in the boot partition after you've dirty flashed 0412.

an0ndr0id

Apr 30, 2019
I'm back on an unlocked bootloader so I no longer have problems dirty flashing updates. In fact, I'm on 0412 after dirty flashing it over 0405. Magisk add-on survived nicely.

But if you have a locked bootloader then you'll need to create a patched boot image of 0412 using the Magisk app when the system is running and then in TWRP install that patched image in the boot partition after you've dirty flashed 0412.
My bootloader is unlocked as well. But I keep getting that same Magisk error followed by bootloop.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
My bootloader is unlocked as well. But I keep getting that same Magisk error followed by bootloop.
Hmm.
I went back to have a look at my logs from my dirty flashing of 0412, which booted without issues, and saw this:
Code:
! Unable to detect Magisk app APK for BootSigner
Error preloading public library libandroid.so: dlopen failed: library "libstatssocket.so" not found: needed by /system/lib64/libandroid_runtime.so in namespace system
libc: Fatal signal 6 (SIGABRT), code -1 (SI_QUEUE) in tid 1989 (main), pid 1989 (main)
Aborted

Very weird. So it's works for me even with the error but it doesn't work for you.

Do you need help getting out of the boot loop?
Restoring backup of boot and system partitions only of last backup (effectively rolls back the update) is simplest way to get things going again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you found a solution for this?
    I sold the 3T shortly after this, so I didn't need to fix the problem.
    But the issue has been discussed in the PIF thread (even recently https://xdaforums.com/t/module-play-integrity-fix-safetynet-fix.4607985/post-89427117) so best to ask the question there. The issue is the identification string - uname -r - in the kernel.
    March OP3T build already contains changed kernel name, so for play integrity check it was not more needed to adjust manualy.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.