[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread

S4turno

Feb 10, 2012
London, UK
OnePlus One
OnePlus 2
Upgraded from official 17.1 to official 18.1 (remove pin + dirty flash 18.1 + new GApps).

No major issues so far, but:

- Regular charging seems to be slower than before (it's not "charging rapidly" with the same cable/charger).
- The settings shortcut from the tiles area (sometimes) crashes the UI, sending me to the lock/pin screen.

Might try a clean install, just in case.

Edit: Both issues still there after a clear install.

Last edited:

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
Hello,
Is your phone ringing correctly when paired with the car?
In my case, the first call I receive the phone rings and I can ear the car stereo ringing as well. If I reject the call, the following ones I receive, the phone rings too low and the car stereo does not ring at all, but mutes the music. If I answer the call then hang up, it works correctly.
I think it has something to do with in-band ringtone.
:-/
I've just tried it with 2 different cars. The first one, an aftermarket head unit (JVC KD-R784BT) did not replicate the issue. Even after declining an incoming call several times, it always ringed normally (although with about half a second off from the phone, resulting in an interesting canon between the phone and the car), and resumed playing music afterwards.
The original audio system of a 2015 Toyota Yaris, however, produced the same phenomenon you were describing.
In conclusion, it's probably not just LOS to blame here but the audio system you're using, too.

Reactions: CodeFinder

JoniKatita

Oct 16, 2006
OnePlus 3T
I've just tried it with 2 different cars. The first one, an aftermarket head unit (JVC KD-R784BT) did not replicate the issue. Even after declining an incoming call several times, it always ringed normally (although with about half a second off from the phone, resulting in an interesting canon between the phone and the car), and resumed playing music afterwards.
The original audio system of a 2015 Toyota Yaris, however, produced the same phenomenon you were describing.
In conclusion, it's probably not just LOS to blame here but the audio system you're using, too.
Yes, it must be a conjunction of the two. When I try with some bluetooth headset it works correctly but on my car, a 2018 VW Golf it does not (when I was on the original firmware it worked flawlessly). It never worked with any other rom from android 10 on. I have tried with a Samsung phone with android 11 and it works. On the Samsung it has an option in Bluetooth settings to sync (or not) the phone ringtone with paired device. It would be great to have this on our device as I think this is somehow the culprit... maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: CodeFinder

Hemuli

Dec 6, 2013
Same Question again, for Screenshots,, Is it possible to add the 3 Fingers swipe to take screenshot,, With the current way to take screenshot ( Running App (Bottom) ) to take screenshot ,, I dont have the Volume Keys working .. So need that gesture to take screenshot even on LOCKSCREEN or WALLPAPER of HOME SCREEN which is currently not possible for people like me!!
Why don't you add screenshot option to power menu? That's selectable from settings.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Here's a graph showing the charging rates of OOS 9.0.6 (OOS 4/20), Los 17.1 (Los 4/20), and Los 18.1 (Los 4/21).
Screenshot_20210417-080249_Excel.png

CodeFinder

Jan 4, 2016
Question, if my phone's screen is no longer the original oneplus display. Will it affect my device in flashing this rom like the flicker issue upon turning on the screen after it goes off? Thanks!
I am not completely sure but I don't think this will be a problem (assuming your replacement screen has the same resolution which could have an impact if not).

Reactions: johngare

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Really cool, thanks for sharing! :) Have these plots been generated with 'dash charge' active? I mean did the phone show 'fast charging' or the like? About ~10min increase for OOS vs LOS 18.1 is somewhat noticeable. 🙈
On Los it says "Charging rapidly". Also, the difference in times is mainly due to the slower charge rate towards the end, not the early fast rate.

johngare

Dec 19, 2014
sagay
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL
Whenever I install A11 roms, the screen will not turn back on after it goes to sleep. Fingerprint will vibrate, power button does the same but screen never goes on. Restarting will help but once the screen goes off, the issue goes again. This doesn't happen in A10 roms.

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Whenever I install A11 roms, the screen will not turn back on after it goes to sleep. Fingerprint will vibrate, power button does the same but screen never goes on. Restarting will help but once the screen goes off, the issue goes again. This doesn't happen in A10 roms.
This has never happened to me (all original hardware) so it may well be related to your screen replacement.

johngare

Dec 19, 2014
sagay
Google Pixel 3
Google Pixel 3 XL
This has never happened to me (all original hardware) so it may well be related to your screen replacement.
I really don't know if the screen in my device has been replaced or not. I just asked that question because someone mentioned that the screen in my op3 might have been replaced before. If that is true then how come, it doesn't have any issue installing A10 roms?

[GER]Roxxor

Hi!
Somebody else got issues with GPS? It very often just does not show ANY satellites.
I already searched for "GPS" in this thread, and saw the suggestion to select the proper NTP server according to continent in the GPS.conf. This worked at first, but now after some time I again see no satellites at all. Does somebody know how to properly debug GPS? Unfortunately it seems like Logcat doesn't show any details regarding GPS.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.