[ROM][Official][Nightly] LineageOS 18.1 for OnePlus 3/3T

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 11396015

and how does it look with that GPS issue?

And what is that issue I'm reading now about magisc not working, is the issue present with LOW recovery or with twrp to? as a non rooted phone is useless.
GPS is not an issue for me for normal usage as it is working, though about once a week I have to switch it off and on again to get a fast lock again.

About Magisk; I can not tell as I am not using Magisk on my non-rooted boot-loader locked and very usefull and working phone... ;-)
What I want to say; where you say it is useless that is ofcourse your opinion. For other people Magisk is absolutely not needed and only giving extra security riscues and usage issues.
But probably someone else can answer your question.

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
and how does it look with that GPS issue?

And what is that issue I'm reading now about magisc not working, is the issue present with LOW recovery or with twrp to? as a non rooted phone is useless.
GPS is working fine. Not the best, but not the worst, either.
Magisk is working as intended, only thing is that so far it seems like you have to leave the bootloader open, which shouldn't be an issue if you encrypt your phone.

D

Deleted member 11396015

What a fantastic phone, even after more then four years of intensive usage!

Screenshot_20210515-092606_Instellingen.png

Yudh

Dec 19, 2015
Mumbai
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
@dianlujitao
Lineage os 18.1 build official 20210510
Rooted using magisk
Bug 1
Cannot unpin an app if we set long press to turn off the screen for back button
Only option to get out is by restarting the device

Bug 2
If an app crashes or freezes it shouldn't crash the whole system right
But when i used mixplorer app v6.55.5
While opening an heic image using the apps image viewer and as soon as I zoomed first the app froze and then my whole mobile and then the screen turned off just a few seconds later. (The crash happened with or without giving the app root permission)

The only way out was to restart the mobile .

The bug was solved in v 6.56 of the app but the mobile phone crash shouldn't have happened in the first place

To reproduce the crash
Steps are as follows
1) install the attached apk of mixplorer v6.55.5
2) unzip the testing folder using the app and open it using the mix app password is 'helloworld'
3) then open the image inside the encrypted folder using the mix image viewer and as soon as you zoom it the crash begins. In rare cases it begins after we rotating the image and zooming in.

I am attaching apk of mix6.55.5 and zipped folder of the encfs folder (password : helloworld)

Can't provide log sorry.
@HootanParsa 's reply below he mentions some of the system classes and functions which he used which resulted into the crash maybe this would help you.
HootanParsa's Reply Link

App and zipped encfs folder link

Last edited:

AKE000AKE

Apr 22, 2016

Dude, you should read whole replies before deciding to be a smartass. I'm not trying to be rude, but things have changed. As I wrote, now my phone passes SafetyNet without any extra Magisk modules, which is definitely new on LOS 18.1. So other things might have got fixed as well since it used to work flawlessly on LOS 17.1 the way rohan164 mentioned.
It's much easier to flash a renamed zip file after an OTA update (the latter of which BTW cannot be done with the method you suggested) and doesn't need any "external tools" either.
I need to root my phone for an app that I need and which doesn't work otherwise. I have never had a stability issue that was caused by rooting my phone.
Most people don't root their phones as a hobby, they have their own personal reasons. But even if they did, this is not your place to judge.
Peace!
I used LOS 17 for more than a year and never had any issues with safetynet, basic safetynet is just fine with the bootloader being locked and OnePlus 3 doesn't enforce integrity checks on its system partition. So I don't know how you had issues on that end. For anyone who is new to flashing ROMs and is thinking of flashing LOS 18 using the files inside the zip they are flashing is the easiest, also changes can happen over time so saying just patch the latest zip you have is the most ideal and most basic, anyone can figure out how to do it. I won't even talk about root since that has been mentioned everywhere why it's both possibly a security and stability issue. Sometimes you gotta think a bit outside of your own box, not everyone knows how to create flashable files or using adb.

malerocks

Mar 6, 2018
When locking the bootloader, should it be locked before the first boot or it can be done at anytime?

snyperius

Oct 4, 2018
I used LOS 17 for more than a year and never had any issues with safetynet, basic safetynet is just fine with the bootloader being locked and OnePlus 3 doesn't enforce integrity checks on its system partition. So I don't know how you had issues on that end. For anyone who is new to flashing ROMs and is thinking of flashing LOS 18 using the files inside the zip they are flashing is the easiest, also changes can happen over time so saying just patch the latest zip you have is the most ideal and most basic, anyone can figure out how to do it. I won't even talk about root since that has been mentioned everywhere why it's both possibly a security and stability issue. Sometimes you gotta think a bit outside of your own box, not everyone knows how to create flashable files or using adb.
Where did I write that I had any issues on 17.1? I wrote the exact opposite: it worked flawlessly even with the bootloader locked, which on 18.1 I have not been able to do so far. That's what I'm curious about if it got fixed with Magisk 23, just like the SafetyNet issue, which again, as I wrote, has now been fixed. And again, I had no problems with it on 17.1, hence the sentence "it used to work flawlessly on LOS 17.1".
Renaming a .apk file to .zip and installing it in the recovery after an OTA update (which still cannot be done with the solution you mentioned) is still much easier and more convenient than extracting boot images, then repacking them before manually installing ROMs. I don't think the solution I suggested would cause any trouble for anyone who has ever installed a custom ROM. But that's just my opinion.
Again, rooting my phone is not one of my hobbies. I need it for an app that I need and which doesn't work otherwise. I did acknowledge the risks when I did it, and I'm trying to mitigate them as much as I can. And as I wrote, root has never caused me any issues so far.
We can continue in private if you want (although I don't see the point as long as you are unwilling to take the effort to try and comprehend what I wrote before hitting the reply button), but let's stop with the off-topic posts here.
Peace!

Last edited:

oem77

Mar 8, 2020
Hi. Would it be possible to modify the rom to work with a non-original display? After uploading any custom rom, I have huge problems with turning on the screen. Only the bottom buttons light up ... I had to go back to stock Oxygen OS.

suddenDeflux

May 16, 2021
Adjusting brightness by sliding a finger on the status bar is broken. It works once or twice but then stops working completely and stays that way for a while.

The toggle for that option is under Settings > System > Status bar > Brightness control.

unnilinux

Aug 23, 2012
@dianlujitao,
can you please add these below properties in build.prop.
Without these values, unable to connect to LTE only network type, and my phone's data doesn't work while on call so seems like it connects to non lte network (GSM).

persist.dbg.ims_volte_enable=1
persist.dbg.volte_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.vt_avail_ovr=1
persist.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr=1
persist.radio.rat_on=combine
persist.radio.data_ltd_sys_ind=1
persist.radio.data_con_rprt=1
persist.radio.calls.on.ims=1

JoniKatita

Oct 16, 2006
OnePlus 3T
@dianlujitao, I found something that might help with the problem some of us have when connected to the car head unit. When the phone receives a call and I reject it, the next calls don't ring so, I tried the following:
Installed "Tasker" app, created a profile that after the call ends it sounds a "beep" through the Ringtone channel. It works. It kind of "unclogs" the channel.
Maybe it can be implemented in lineage somehow...

Best regards.

Last edited:
Reactions: CodeFinder

Nixeus2

Mar 11, 2020
Hi people,

I just run the update, saddly, my phone bootloop actually and reboot in TWRP :(

What can i do please ?

Thanks

lucybook

Jan 27, 2017
@dianlujitao First of all, thanks for excellent LOS. But... voice speaker is kinda broken, on maxed volume is quite silent. I tried to do clean flash - different versions of nightly, doesn't help. Speaker is hella loud on OOS, not sure what's wrong with LOS.

I found exact same issue on LOS git https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3467 , tho... different phone.

Is there any chance for quick fix in next nightly? Thanks!

EDIT: My HW is in good shape and its clean, like i said i tried OOS where is working as it should

Last edited:

vettayyan

Oct 1, 2012
iQOO 7 Legend
I recently Updated to LINEAGE OS 18.1 , 17/05/21 Bulit..

I often use WHATSAPP to call over.. But after updating I cant place call over WiFi from Whatsapp.. It asks me to swtich to mobile network..
I use Rooted one with Magisk.. Any solution to over come.. Whatsapp is updated to the latest version

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-05-20 at 10.06.35 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-05-20 at 10.06.35 PM.jpeg
    27.7 KB · Views: 28

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you found a solution for this?
    I sold the 3T shortly after this, so I didn't need to fix the problem.
    But the issue has been discussed in the PIF thread (even recently https://xdaforums.com/t/module-play-integrity-fix-safetynet-fix.4607985/post-89427117) so best to ask the question there. The issue is the identification string - uname -r - in the kernel.
    March OP3T build already contains changed kernel name, so for play integrity check it was not more needed to adjust manualy.
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Important information:
    This thread is for LineageOS 18.1 builds for OnePlus 3/3T. The following will not be supported here:
    • Custom kernels
    • Mods
    • Xposed

We don't support Xposed and any logcat which includes an Xposed module will be ignored. You're kindly invited to not report bugs if you:
    • Flashed a custom kernel
    • Installed or did mods from untrusted sources
    • Modified system files

Tips:
    • You need at least OxygenOS 9.0.2 firmware, otherwise you'll get error 7 when installing the zip. Latest firmware is recommended.

Installation:
    First time flashing LineageOS 18.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (Official TWRP 3.4+ is highly recommended: https://dl.twrp.me/oneplus3/)
    3. Perform a nandroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Flash LineageOS
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package
    7. Reboot

Source code:

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum

Changelog and Download:
    Known issues:​
    • This build is HIGHLY EXPERIMENTAL and NOT WELL TESTED.
    • Wifi display not work, don't ever attempt to use it or the system will crash.
    • VoLTE is not tested and I don't know if it ever works, please give feedback if you're able to verify.
    • Fixed the sensor_SMD wakelock
    • Fixed ringtone when bluetooth headset connected
    Hello guys, op3 should be re-add to monthly 18.1 shortly. Besides, @TimSchumi is going to co-maintain the device.
    Regarding the sensor_SMD wake lock:
    Generally, the rom can go for long periods without this wake lock showing up:
    View attachment 5215977View attachment 5215981
    But the wake lock can start at random times:
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5215985
    And when it starts, it will stop the device from going into deep sleep (look at the "Awake (Screen off)" figures). This will drain the battery a lot faster than normal. See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.

However, I find that the wake lock will always start when the phone is fully recharged (I usually do this just before I go to bed). See 210209-174541-log.zip for logs.
    View attachment 5215983View attachment 5216001

Fortunately, a reboot gets rid of the wake lock.
    Nice finding. Just check the source and that should be the Significant Motion Detector if I'm not wrong. Dunno if there are any drawbacks but you should be able to disable it by adding " ro.vendor.sensors.smd=false" to /vendor/build.prop, please try if it helps.
    I've been running this rom for a week now. I've not had any problems with it - no system reboots, no system FCs, no performance lags or stutters (though I don't play games).
    Battery life is not quite as good as 17.1, but I still only charge the phone once a day. Of course this is with the fix for the sensor_SMD wake lock from https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84465491
    The only other minor annoyance than the issues I mentioned in https://xdaforums.com/t/rom-experimental-lineageos-18-1-for-oneplus-3-3t.4230665/post-84456483 is that there's no "Mark as read" option on SMS notifications.

Great work @dianlujitao! This is now my daily driver. I look forward it becoming an official version.