Staff member

Attachments

• Screenshot_Signature_Spoofing_Checker_20190816-172413.png
    Screenshot_Signature_Spoofing_Checker_20190816-172413.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 297
Reactions: MadalinC

ROKO__

Jan 25, 2014
Following step by step procedure = bootloop or reboot to fastboot mode.
Any suggestions ?

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
Yes, everything, i always do a format on any device which i flash with aosp.
Okay buddy do me a favor because something isn't right. Please post a DETAILED list of every step you took. I'll try my best to help you okay? I have work tomorrow so I'm probably going to be sleeping pretty soon but when I wake up in the morning I'm going to try and help you okay?

ROKO__

Jan 25, 2014
Okay buddy do me a favor because something isn't right. Please post a DETAILED list of every step you took. I'll try my best to help you okay? I have work tomorrow so I'm probably going to be sleeping pretty soon but when I wake up in the morning I'm going to try and help you okay?
Thank you
Well,step by step as it mentioned in OP.
I have success,but facing same issue as before. SIM not detected,I need to take it out and reinsert after every reboot.

Sent from my HMD Global Nokia 6.1 using XDA Labs

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
Thank you
Well,step by step as it mentioned in OP.
I have success,but facing same issue as before. SIM not detected,I need to take it out and reinsert after every reboot.

Okay I'm sorry but that's not going to work buddy because the steps in the op aren't detailed. I need you to list what you flashed and the order you flashed and wiped things in. If you can't do that unfortunately I won't be able to help you.

ROKO__

Jan 25, 2014
format all partitions.
as i always do on any device..
/data /cache /internal and etc.
flashed rom and then community vendor on slot a, switch to slot b and again, then factory reset again. Reboot

zeft64

Mar 26, 2012
format all partitions.
as i always do on any device..
/data /cache /internal and etc.
flashed rom and then community vendor on slot a, switch to slot b and again, then factory reset again. Reboot
Okay so
1) you wanna make sure you wipe dalvik after flashing everythin
2) I need you to list every partition you wiped. I know its tedious but please do it. Again the more detailed you are the easier it will be to help you.

ROKO__

Jan 25, 2014
data cache system internal, flash steps mentioned below.
And as mentioned, after flashing, wiped /cache and /data

Last edited:

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
Read this warning carefully:
DON'T UPDATE IF NOTHING IS BROKEN YET! LATEST UPDATE WILL REQUIRE CLEAN FLASH!!!!

I have moved to vbmeta and dropped verity from this weekend's build. Also from now on, you should be able to boot this ROM on unmodified stock vendor. This however needs testing. In case you are free and are willing to me, test the latest weekly update tomorrow with latest stock ROM vendor.
- Wipe all partitions, format data using TWRP
- Flash stock vendor (You can get link for stock dump over here (WARNING: This firmware link is for Dual sim users only)
- Flash latest omni package
- Do same on other slot
- Flash GAPPS if you want it
- Reboot to system.

Tell me if everything works, if it does, stay on it. Logs are welcomed with issues.

Last edited:
Reactions: AshleyNG2

drearyworlds

Jan 7, 2014
Madison, AL
I usually wait to flash Gapps until after first boot. Can I install it right after the system image?

Edit: Is the latest August 1? Trying to test out stock vendor.

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
I usually wait to flash Gapps until after first boot. Can I install it right after the system image?

Edit: Is the latest August 1? Trying to test out stock vendor.

Installing GAPPS should/can be done before first boot. After fladhing the build you need to reboot to recovety once, so that recovery can scan system partition changes and GAPPS can be flashed without any errors.

drearyworlds

Jan 7, 2014
Madison, AL
Did a clean flash of 20190908 and so far no issues. The only problem I am encountering is that Greyscale quick toggle doesn't work, but that was happening on the 20190901 build also.

Reactions: AshleyNG2

theimpulson

Staff member
Did a clean flash of 20190908 and so far no issues. The only problem I am encountering is that Greyscale quick toggle doesn't work, but that was happening on the 20190901 build also.

That's because OmniDisplayManager is broken. It will be removed from officially as I remember from private chat, so let it be like that. Also, thanks for testing. Its helpful :)

knchmpgn

Dec 14, 2018
Greetings! Long time lurker on xda, first time poster. I have successfully installed both OmniRom and AOSPExtended on my TA-1016 a few times now. Everything works well, however, on both roms I can't get the SIM card to be detected without having to reinsert the sim card. This seems to be a common problem with custom roms. But days of googling and testing different things hasn't worked at all. Is this a problem specific to this phone? Any advice would be much appreciated.

AshleyNG2

Feb 9, 2010
Greetings! Long time lurker on xda, first time poster. I have successfully installed both OmniRom and AOSPExtended on my TA-1016 a few times now. Everything works well, however, on both roms I can't get the SIM card to be detected without having to reinsert the sim card. This seems to be a common problem with custom roms. But days of googling and testing different things hasn't worked at all. Is this a problem specific to this phone? Any advice would be much appreciated.

My sim gets detected but the mobile data doesn't work until I toggle the APN off/on.

I don't have the same issue where I have to reinsert sim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-f4P5JsJ7xE8%2FAAAAAAAAAAI%2FAAAAAAAAAAY%2FSVgE864HY1Y%2Fphoto.jpg

About OmniROM
    OmniROM is our Android custom ROM variant, feature-packed but always with stability as #1 priority in mind. Based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements, OmniROM has set out to give you a great Android experience on your mobile.

The core of Omni is the community, and we recognize that everyone has a role to play. So we have a number of ways for you to get involved:

Github – our codebase where we build from.
    Gerrit – view our project at the code level with the ability to see what’s merged, what’s open and what’s in review.
    Forum – participate in general discussion, Q&A, and Features Development on XDA. Also find device-specific builds in their relevant forums on XDA.
    Telegram – get connected to the Omni community in realtime on Telegram

Bugs
    - You tell me with logs and proper steps to reproduce

Downloads
    Grab the latest builds from Official OmniServer

Flashing Instructions

- Boot into my TWRP recovery from here
    - Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    - Wipe all partitions as well as format data and internal storage partitions
    - Flash OmniROM Package and latest Community Vendor
    - Change to other slot
    - Flash OmniROM and Community Vendor again
    - Wipe Dalvik!
    - Reboot to Recovery again and flash GAPPS! [OPTIONAL]
    - Reboot to System
    Clean Flash is always recommended!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Nokia 6 (2018)

Contributors
    TheImpulson
    Source Code: https://github.com/theimpulson/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Community Vendor
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-14

Created 2019-07-05
    Last Updated 2019-08-04
    Impressive. This is a great feat. Community should be happy that you put on the best ROM to Official status :)
    Posted a new test build. Official builds will begin soon, we all are busy at the moment. Sorry for the delay.

Changelog:

- Enable stock nokia apps support from PlayStore (All credits to @Akilesh_15)
    - Addressed a few SELinux denials
    - Add common config.fs from CAF
    Pushed a new build. Changelog:

- Compile qcacld as driver to drop wlan hacks in device tree
    - Remove battery led customizations from OmniGears
    - Remove dm-verity hacks

In case your device gives a warning on boot like dm-verity not started in restart mode, please wait 3 seconds before boot and all, remember to enforce it first before flashing this update.
    adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
    will do the job!
    In case you get an error saying failed to authenticate bootimage or devices keeps looping after enforcing dm-verity, set an active slot again!
    fastboot --set-active=a
    for example will do the job.
    Just posted a new build. You guys can check it out. Official weeklies will begin to roll out by weekend. You are also free to give response in our telegram groups.