[ROM][OFFICIAL]OmniROM[9.0][PL2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
This issue about sim card not getting detected seems to be related with a special model that contains 1 sim and is sold only in Europe as I heard. Its because you had to flash the custom vendor of multi sim devices, Issue must be appearing. This was supposed to be fixed with latest release as flashing a custom vendor is no longer required.

knchmpgn

Dec 14, 2018
This issue about sim card not getting detected seems to be related with a special model that contains 1 sim and is sold only in Europe as I heard. Its because you had to flash the custom vendor of multi sim devices, Issue must be appearing. This was supposed to be fixed with latest release as flashing a custom vendor is no longer required.

THANK YOU! This is kind of EXACTLY what I figured this issue was. Unfortunately, even with the latest version which doesn't require flashing the vendor, the problem persists. Any possible workarounds for this?

theimpulson

Staff member
THANK YOU! This is kind of EXACTLY what I figured this issue was. Unfortunately, even with the latest version which doesn't require flashing the vendor, the problem persists. Any possible workarounds for this?

You flashed stock vendor first? If yes, and issue still persists, please send logcat and dmesg while issue appears.

knchmpgn

Dec 14, 2018
You flashed stock vendor first? If yes, and issue still persists, please send logcat and dmesg while issue appears.

I didn't exactly flash the stock vendor. Which is actually part of the confusion. I see both vendor.img and vendor_image.img files. Which one do I flash. I doon't have a lot of time on my hands at the moment. But I will try again maybe this weekend and post back with the results. I have been kinda holding off till this rom matures a bit more and im curious to see how nokia will be handling android 10. Thanks so much for responding!

knchmpgn

Dec 14, 2018
UPDATE: I have made sure to flash my phones stock vendor_image.img but I am still getting the NO SIM card detected error on the latest OmniRom release. Works fine when I re-insert the sim card. Here are the logcats and dmesg files you requested.

Logcats

Reactions: theimpulson

mvn23

Feb 15, 2014
Read this warning carefully:
DON'T UPDATE IF NOTHING IS BROKEN YET! LATEST UPDATE WILL REQUIRE CLEAN FLASH!!!!

I have moved to vbmeta and dropped verity from this weekend's build. Also from now on, you should be able to boot this ROM on unmodified stock vendor. This however needs testing. In case you are free and are willing to me, test the latest weekly update tomorrow with latest stock ROM vendor.
- Wipe all partitions, format data using TWRP
- Flash stock vendor (You can get link for stock dump over here (WARNING: This firmware link is for Dual sim users only)
- Flash latest omni package
- Do same on other slot
- Flash GAPPS if you want it
- Reboot to system.

Tell me if everything works, if it does, stay on it. Logs are welcomed with issues.

Tried it tonight and it took me forever to figure out why it didn't work. I kept getting stuck on the android one boot screen.
Turns out that the rom does NOT work with the September vendor image added on the 24th. After I flashed the August image it booted fine.

jujube123

Jan 9, 2015
Phone reverts to date/time of build on every reboot

Hi there,

I have just clean flashed the latest version of OmniRom for my Nokia 6.1. Every time I reboot, it defaults to the date and time of the build (Sept 22 at 3:30am). I'm going to see if this is fixed in the next weekly, but if not, what log file do you need to see for an error like this?

Thanks. Great ROM.

theimpulson

Staff member
Hi there,

I have just clean flashed the latest version of OmniRom for my Nokia 6.1. Every time I reboot, it defaults to the date and time of the build (Sept 22 at 3:30am). I'm going to see if this is fixed in the next weekly, but if not, what log file do you need to see for an error like this?

Thanks. Great ROM.

logcat collected while issue is reproduced will be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    https%3A%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2F-f4P5JsJ7xE8%2FAAAAAAAAAAI%2FAAAAAAAAAAY%2FSVgE864HY1Y%2Fphoto.jpg

About OmniROM
    OmniROM is our Android custom ROM variant, feature-packed but always with stability as #1 priority in mind. Based on the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and enriched by our developers with lots of custom enhancements, OmniROM has set out to give you a great Android experience on your mobile.

The core of Omni is the community, and we recognize that everyone has a role to play. So we have a number of ways for you to get involved:

Github – our codebase where we build from.
    Gerrit – view our project at the code level with the ability to see what’s merged, what’s open and what’s in review.
    Forum – participate in general discussion, Q&A, and Features Development on XDA. Also find device-specific builds in their relevant forums on XDA.
    Telegram – get connected to the Omni community in realtime on Telegram

Bugs
    - You tell me with logs and proper steps to reproduce

Downloads
    Grab the latest builds from Official OmniServer

Flashing Instructions

- Boot into my TWRP recovery from here
    - Backup each and every partition from TWRP Recovery
    - Wipe all partitions as well as format data and internal storage partitions
    - Flash OmniROM Package and latest Community Vendor
    - Change to other slot
    - Flash OmniROM and Community Vendor again
    - Wipe Dalvik!
    - Reboot to Recovery again and flash GAPPS! [OPTIONAL]
    - Reboot to System
    Clean Flash is always recommended!

XDA:DevDB Information
    OmniROM, ROM for the Nokia 6 (2018)

Contributors
    TheImpulson
    Source Code: https://github.com/theimpulson/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Must be on Community Vendor
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2019-07-14

Created 2019-07-05
    Last Updated 2019-08-04
    Impressive. This is a great feat. Community should be happy that you put on the best ROM to Official status :)
    Posted a new test build. Official builds will begin soon, we all are busy at the moment. Sorry for the delay.

Changelog:

- Enable stock nokia apps support from PlayStore (All credits to @Akilesh_15)
    - Addressed a few SELinux denials
    - Add common config.fs from CAF
    Pushed a new build. Changelog:

- Compile qcacld as driver to drop wlan hacks in device tree
    - Remove battery led customizations from OmniGears
    - Remove dm-verity hacks

In case your device gives a warning on boot like dm-verity not started in restart mode, please wait 3 seconds before boot and all, remember to enforce it first before flashing this update.
    adb reboot "dm-verity enforcing"
    will do the job!
    In case you get an error saying failed to authenticate bootimage or devices keeps looping after enforcing dm-verity, set an active slot again!
    fastboot --set-active=a
    for example will do the job.
    Just posted a new build. You guys can check it out. Official weeklies will begin to roll out by weekend. You are also free to give response in our telegram groups.