[ROM] [OFFICIAL] Omnirom Android T (13.0) for Zenfone6/6Z (2019)

Search This thread

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
Hi @micky387 I'm tempted to unlock my ZF6 and install a custom rom, but I was searching in the forum and it seems that your rom is the most updated and mantained right now. I would like to know how you optimized Omnirom for our device (like the flipping camera software, or the extra button manager, or stereo audio and audio wizard itself etc.)

Hi @micky387 I'm tempted to unlock my ZF6 and install a custom rom, but I was searching in the forum and it seems that your rom is the most updated and mantained right now. I would like to know how you optimized Omnirom for our device (like the flipping camera software, or the extra button manager, or stereo audio and audio wizard itself etc.)
Hey! I just installed the rom over the weekend and I can confirm that the camera flip has full functionality including the software feature that allows you to flip to specific angles with other camera apps, audio does come out of both speakers, and the custom button has 2 options (single press and long press) that you can customize. The only thing I don't see is an audio wizard but if you install magisk, viper4android is a popular audio tool you could get for that. My only issue is that I can't get ok Google to work but I think that has to do with the gapps package I used so I'll try another one and report back when I can. Hope this helps :)

EDIT: It was the gapps. The package I originally used was NikGapps Omni. I switched to Full and got my assistant up and running. Anything I didn't want, I uninstalled using the debloater magisk module.

Last edited:

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
I reset to stock 107, flashed omni and nothing else. I still wasn't able to get a log from matlog because it either didnt open or when I clicked save zip it hung and didnt do anything.

This log I got from adb logcat. I started it when the lockscreen appeared. Then I unlocked it, it said phone is starting with the loading bar and then 1-2 minutes later it crashed back to the boot animation and I stopped the log.

password: omni
Already fixed. QTI location issue
Lol, I had the exact same problem and used ages to get to same solution as you. One of the few reasons to not use external SD.
Fixed, Added sdfat support :)
hello guy's ! 👋

Flashed via

twrp-3.4.0-0-I0W1D-installer-mauronofrio

Version

UL-ASUS_I01WD-ASUS-18.0610.2101.127-1.1.1-user

After I flashed
Omnirom microG 20210207

Great ROM !
So clean 👍 not many extra apps and stock camera ! Works perfect!
• Battery life 👌 (now I can see how much was happening in background on stock).

Unforunately after update Omnirom20210214 via OTA reboot and I stack on asus logo.

I need to flash again from twrp.

***Qustion :

I am new to MicroG I tried to find infomation but still not sure :(

Do I need to install some packages ? I so there are some bot do I need more ?
How to set up to make sure about spoofing ?

Thank you 🙏💜

Edit: Reboot several times and it works !
this is our Microg build with include apps (Added to OP)
Thank you for the guide, I would like to mention that on the second "Reboot recovery" my phone's stock recovery came up, and I used it for the second flash.

There is a problem with the "reboot recovery" step here, my phone did not have a recovery installed so it was booting to the bootloader, I had to use fastboot boot twrp.img to temporarily boot TWRP again to wipe userdata and to install Magisk.

Everything worked well after that... but unfortunately I encountered another issue which put me in a "boot loop" :(

I was changing the lock screen settings when it suddenly went back to the "OMNI" boot animation screen, and then once it reaches the lock screen, it repeats.

I don't think the device is actually restarting, but the boot animation is played in a loop... I think something in lock screen is wrong and it is crashing the entire phone :(

How do I fix this without wiping the data?
Already fixed. QTI location issue
I found the cause of the bug, it happens after selecting a schedule for dark mode in settings. I made a video recording: https://odysee.com/omni-11-dark-theme-scheduled-crash:a

Is it possible to release this softlock by editing a file via recovery?
yep same, QTI location issue
Hey! I just installed the rom over the weekend and I can confirm that the camera flip has full functionality including the software feature that allows you to flip to specific angles with other camera apps, audio does come out of both speakers, and the custom button has 2 options (single press and long press) that you can customize. The only thing I don't see is an audio wizard but if you install magisk, viper4android is a popular audio tool you could get for that. My only issue is that I can't get ok Google to work but I think that has to do with the gapps package I used so I'll try another one and report back when I can. Hope this helps :)
thx for your support

Last edited:
Reactions: Ak0monoper

micky387

Recognized Developer
Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
Hi guys, sorry for delay but very busy.
As i aready said, if you want more active support, go to my tg channel, more easy to follow for me. :)

All the issue are fixed and especially for reboot on omni logo or bootloop.
the fault is com.qualcomm.location. Drop and working since 2 or 3 weeks now.

thx for all your comments, really appreciate

Andrea224

Jan 18, 2016
Rome
Thank you for the clarification, it was helpful! 🙂

Reactions: Ak0monoper

GRöder

May 18, 2021
[...] and the custom button has 2 options (single press and long press) that you can customize. [...]
Excuse me if I'm blind, but according to the Update Manager I am on the most recent weekly build (btw. a good ROM, but not as good performance and battery life as the LOS 16 I came from) and I didn't find the custom button customization options - neither via search nor in the OmniGears or the regular button settings. May you enlighten me ?

Last edited:
Excuse me if I'm blind, but according to the Update Manager I am on the most recent weekly build (btw. a good ROM, but not as good performance and battery life as the LOS 16 I came from) and I didn't find the custom button customization options - neither via search nor in the OmniGears or the regular button settings. May you enlighten me ?
You can find it in settings, omnigears, device features, device gestures

• Wow
Reactions: GRöder

GRöder

May 18, 2021
Another thing I noticed with this ROM (as I already mentioned briefly above) is an extremely reduced battery life. Just as an example: On my former ROM (LOS 16 Official) I could easily get through two days of moderate usage, right now I have to worry if I reach the evening everyday. Considering that I have installed 98 % the same apps / config on it, that is pretty disappointing to me (as this wonderful device has a 5k mAh battery).
Another example: Yesterday when I went wo bed, the device had 51 % battery (I charged it before).
When I woke up this morning (8 hours without activated wifi later) it has 27 % battery left. On LOS 16 the device lost 5 % over night at worst.

To me this looks like the device doesn't go into deep sleep mode, therefore I ask:
Does anyone else using this ROM experiences the same, so - is this "normal" with this ROM ? Do you have any advice on how to make the device go to deep sleep mode ?
@micky387 Do you have any advice ? I'd rather not flash (and set up...) another ROM again as I'm pretty satisfied with yours except for this one huge problem.

EDIT: Found the cause for that massive battery life decrease:
I always had an SSHD running through termux on my zenfone. Therefore termux has to keep a wakelock active. That wakelock seems to be handled differently by android 11 than it was handled by android 9. According to settings -> about the device it had 0 % deep sleep, while the termux SSHD was active. So I disabled it, got back up to ~75 % deep sleep and the two days of battery usage, I was used to get.
The performance problem still remains though. For example: Performing a backup of all system and user apps in TB now takes ~ 1h. Before upgrading to this ROM it took ~10-15 minutes.

Last edited:

teemo

Nov 18, 2007
Kolding
Android seem have an pb with some "tropical" format in SD card.
They have. But since stock works it seems that Asus solved it. Probably just by ignoring errors.
I would backup the sdcard and let windows fix the errors, then try again in Omni.

Super nice news now to have Omni A12. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-e1381615771697.png

What is Omnirom ?

Selinux Status:
    Enforcing

Instructions :
    Follow this Steps by steps

How to have lastest FW on both slots:
    Reboot to bootloader
    fastboot boot twrp-*****-I01WD.img
    Flash stock
    Reboot to bootloader again
    fastboot boot twrp-*****-I01WD.img
    Flash Stock again
    reboot to system.

What's our Microg Build ?

First Install
    * Download Rom (GAPPS or MicroG) , TWRP
    * REMOVE ALL FINGERPRINT/LOCKSCREEN SECURITY in your current ROM
    * reboot to bootloader
    * fastboot boot twrp-*****-I01WD.img
    * flash omnirom.zip
    * In TWRP Advanced menu, choose flash Current TWRP for it as permanent
    * reboot recovery
    * Wipe USERDATA (by type yes)
    * flash Magisk (optional)
    * reboot and profite

Update for unofficial release
    * reboot to recovery
    * flash omnirom.zip
    * If you want a permanent twrp, flash twrp-*-mauronofrio-installer.zip
    * reboot recovery
    * flash GAPPS

OTA (For official)
    Use OTA inside rom for updates. nano gapps backup included.

if u did something else. we dont need/wanna know about it in the thread

Device Maintainers
    @micky387

Download:
    Gapps Version
    MicroG Version
    Official TWRP

Telegram Group:
    Official OmniROM Community
    Omnirom Zenfone6/6Z

Source Code
    Omnirom
    Omnirom gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
    Omnirom for Zenfone6 (2019), ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
    micky387
    Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 13.0
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.14.170

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2019-11-07
    Last Updated 2022-11-16
    Hi guys
    New Build and Official is here
    Changelog 2019-12-08
    * FIx 3.5 Audio Jack
    * Fix audio in some applications
    * Add back FM radio
    * Official release
    * And lot of more.....

have a nice Sunday :)
    I will check

Edit:
    Right, i will fix. thx for reporting
    Fixed ^_^
    Hi guys.
    My Rom Updated to A12.
    report issue here please or my telegram chat.
    Have fun you :)
    i was having some issues flashing rom: twrp would stop the flashing process right away (flasing to current inactive slot; to flash additional zip blablaba; error flashing zip) and i got a bootloop when rom flashed to inactive b slot

what worked for me:
    flash latest 132 dumped images to both a and b
    you can use a script (vm03/payload_dumper: Android OTA payload dumper - GitHub) hosted on github to dump img files from the full ota that gets published from asus.
    You only need termux app and then run
    Code:
    pkg install python

python -m pip install --upgrade pip

python -m pip install protobuf

python -m pip install bsdiff4

#gain access to storage where payload.bin is located
    termux-setup-storage

python payload_dumper.py payload.bin

flashed dumped images (ignore Invalid sparse file format at header magic error)
    Code:
    .\fastboot flash abl_a abl.img
    .\fastboot flash abl_b abl.img
    .\fastboot flash aop_a aop.img
    .\fastboot flash aop_b aop.img
    .\fastboot flash asusfw_a asusfw.img
    .\fastboot flash asusfw_b asusfw.img
    .\fastboot flash bluetooth_a bluetooth.img
    .\fastboot flash bluetooth_b bluetooth.img
    .\fastboot flash boot_a boot.img
    .\fastboot flash boot_b boot.img
    .\fastboot flash cmnlib_a cmnlib.img
    .\fastboot flash cmnlib_b cmnlib.img
    .\fastboot flash cmnlib64_a cmnlib64.img
    .\fastboot flash cmnlib64_b cmnlib64.img
    .\fastboot flash devcfg_a devcfg.img
    .\fastboot flash devcfg_b devcfg.img
    .\fastboot flash dsp_a dsp.img
    .\fastboot flash dsp_b dsp.img
    .\fastboot flash dtbo_a dtbo.img
    .\fastboot flash dtbo_b dtbo.img
    .\fastboot flash keymaster_a keymaster.img
    .\fastboot flash keymaster_b keymaster.img
    .\fastboot flash modem_a modem.img
    .\fastboot flash modem_b modem.img
    .\fastboot flash hyp_a hyp.img
    .\fastboot flash hyp_b hyp.img
    .\fastboot flash qupfw_a qupfw.img
    .\fastboot flash qupfw_b qupfw.img
    .\fastboot flash uefisecapp_a uefisecapp.img
    .\fastboot flash uefisecapp_b uefisecapp.img
    .\fastboot flash tz_a tz.img
    .\fastboot flash tz_b tz.img
    .\fastboot flash xbl_a xbl.img
    .\fastboot flash xbl_b xbl.img
    .\fastboot flash xbl_config_a xbl_config.img
    .\fastboot flash xbl_config_b xbl_config.img
    .\fastboot flash xrom_a xrom.img
    .\fastboot flash xrom_b xrom.img
    .\fastboot flash system_a system.img
    .\fastboot flash system_b system.img
    .\fastboot flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.img
    .\fastboot flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.img
    .\fastboot flash vendor_a vendor.img
    .\fastboot flash vendor_b vendor.img
    boot twrp 3.4.0 by mauronofrio
    go to twrp's reboot menu and make sure your current active slot is set to a
    advanced wipe > system, data, cache
    go to twrp's reboot menu and set active slot to b
    flash omni zip (should get flashed to a slot)

mobile data wasn't working, reboot fixed it