[ROM][OFFICIAL] Omnirom for Zenfone6 (2019) [Deprecated, see Q Thread]

micky387

Sep 9, 2011
Lyon

Selinux Status:
Enforcing

Instructions :
Follow this Steps by steps

You need to be in stock Asus ***.189 or .191., on both slots Please. Current active slot A

First Install
* Download Rom , TWRP, GAPPS (nano)
* REMOVE ALL FINGERPRINT/LOCKSCREEN SECURITY in your current ROM
* reboot to bootloader
* fastboot boot nameofyourtwrp.img
* flash omnirom.zip
* flash twrp-recovery_installer.zip
* reboot recovery
* Wipe (swipe for perform factory reset)
* flash GAPPS
* flash Magisk (optional)
* reboot and profite

Update for unofficial release

* reboot to recovery
* flash omnirom.zip
* flash twrp-recovery_installer.zip
* reboot recovery
* flash GAPPS
* flash Magisk (optional)

OTA (For official)

Use OTA inside rom for updates. nano gapps backup included.

if u did something else. we dont need/wanna know about it in the thread

Device Maintainers

@micky387

Download:

OPENGAPPS ( ONLY NANO RECOMMENDED)
Last stable Magisk if needed
TWRP @mauronofrio
Official Omnirom build

Telegram Group:

Official OmniROM Community
Omnirom Zenfone6/6Z

Source Code
Omnirom
Omnirom gerrit

XDA:DevDB Information
Omnirom for Zenfone6 (2019), ROM for the ASUS ZenFone 6 (2019)

Contributors
micky387
Source Code: https://github.com/omnirom

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
Beta Release Date: 2019-08-20

Created 2019-08-20
Last Updated 2019-09-08

Last edited:

micky387

Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
Changelog 09-15
* Add (Partially) Smart Key for Google Assist
* Add Asus Camera in the build.
* Fix Selinux Denied for This App Asus Camera
* Add Night Mode for camera

Changelog 09-08
* Fix mediaprovider selinux denial (you can now read/open your sound track on your Sdcard)

Changelog 2019-09-05
* Fix audio issue
* Add Swipe Up unlock support

Changelog 2019-08-31
* Add offscreen gestures support
* Update FP and proprietary blobs to 191
* Ability to use @mauronofrio twrp recovery to flash stock and omnirom
* Add/Update camera blobs

Changelog 2019-08-23
* Add Fm Support
* Update FP for August security patch

Last edited:

amiruls

Jan 10, 2014
Hi firstly would like to thank for this amazing rom of its stability and all. With that said, installation of this rom took me hours since iam new to the A/B boot partition of the phone (previous phone used was the note8 with no A/B Boot partition) but then again you need to get used to it. With that said, asuscamera.zip port works on the rom. When first launch of rom go to panoroma for front camera to flip thereafter it worked properly then.With that i have a couple of suggestions for the said phone since iam wanting to used this rom as daily driver

1st. For Security wise, i hope in future update you would introduce front facing unlocked of the phone since its one of the features of the phone which is flip cam.
2nd. For the notifications toggles, i hope you would also have the toggles of the sound/vibrate and mute since its quite easier by pulling down noti instead of pressing volume button and mute/vibrate the phone.
3rd. For the omniswitch launcher , i hope in future you would introduce folder of putting in apps as its rather untidy seeing my homefeed fill with apps all over the place.
4th. Also its rather confusing now since that theres omniswitch and also the normal way of using the phone of swiping up for recents item and also swiping down for notifications toggles so i hope you can enable/disable either.

With that said hope you listen to my above suggestion and also may i asked where i can donate

Reactions: micky387

amiruls

Jan 10, 2014
Add to that also the fingerprint unlocked sometimes worked sometimes it did not so it needs to get some fix there.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Hi developer, since it needs wipe data when installing.
I would like to know if there is retract camera and double tap to wake feature?
Double tap to wake works and retract camera is there too.

ZeroPoke

Mar 13, 2017
I installed the latest update from ASUS. And I am unable to boot this ROM. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or if it just not supported.

I followed your instructions, tried your TWRP, TWRP from the TWRP post.

Just loops to the ASUS logo, or just stays at the ASUS logo.

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
I installed the latest update from ASUS. And I am unable to boot this ROM. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or if it just not supported.

I followed your instructions, tried your TWRP, TWRP from the TWRP post.

Just loops to the ASUS logo, or just stays at the ASUS logo.
I installed Omni successfully on Stock 174 and stock 189 with the provided TWRP 18.
Did you try it with boot to twrp > flash twrp installer > reboot to twrp > format > reboot to twrp > flash omni + twrp installer > reboot twrp > wipe > flash gapps?

ZeroPoke

Mar 13, 2017
I installed Omni successfully on Stock 174 and stock 189 with the provided TWRP 18.
Did you try it with boot to twrp > flash twrp installer > reboot to twrp > format > reboot to twrp > flash omni + twrp installer > reboot twrp > wipe > flash gapps?
Very close to that. I didnt format between the two reboots to TWRP.

Maybe Ill give that a shoot when I get home from work today.

Edit: Thanks Dude. I got it to boot.

Last edited:

isthisadagger

Aug 22, 2015
Has anyone used the speaker in WhatsApp or telegram calls? Even on the lowest volume setting it is very loud. Is there any setting to lower the min volume?

micky387

Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
Hi guys
OP updated with new build
Changelog 2019-08-31
* Add offscreen gestures support
* Update FP and proprietary blobs to 191
* Ability to use @mauronofrio twrp recovery to flash stock and omnirom
* Add/Update camera blobs

micky387

Sep 9, 2011
Lyon
Hi firstly would like to thank for this amazing rom of its stability and all. With that said, installation of this rom took me hours since iam new to the A/B boot partition of the phone (previous phone used was the note8 with no A/B Boot partition) but then again you need to get used to it. With that said, asuscamera.zip port works on the rom. When first launch of rom go to panoroma for front camera to flip thereafter it worked properly then.With that i have a couple of suggestions for the said phone since iam wanting to used this rom as daily driver

1st. For Security wise, i hope in future update you would introduce front facing unlocked of the phone since its one of the features of the phone which is flip cam.
2nd. For the notifications toggles, i hope you would also have the toggles of the sound/vibrate and mute since its quite easier by pulling down noti instead of pressing volume button and mute/vibrate the phone.
3rd. For the omniswitch launcher , i hope in future you would introduce folder of putting in apps as its rather untidy seeing my homefeed fill with apps all over the place.
4th. Also its rather confusing now since that theres omniswitch and also the normal way of using the phone of swiping up for recents item and also swiping down for notifications toggles so i hope you can enable/disable either.

With that said hope you listen to my above suggestion and also may i asked where i can donate
Thanks for your report

1/ Already inside. With nano gapps installed ofc, go to security-->smart lock and active. And go to omnigears--> lockscreen and switch on Auto Unlock ;)
2/ We will look at that but may be under Q because it is soon .... :D
3/ i dont know if max want that...